3.20 star(s) 16 Votes

Ayarush

Sep 15, 2019
oh boi, I was pretty hyped for this
too bad I've never really completed the first one, as I somehow missed the items that cause defeat on my second save (and going back on the first is just impossible)

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Updated OP, what was changed out of curiosity? Might want to put it in the change log
It's literally just resetting the sound settings back to default cause people were complaining. I don't think that warrants a changelog.

Reactions: Silentce

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
There is a way to fix it. Just requires finding the animations and finding out where the fuck up is. I haven't gotten any information or feedback up till now to even start looking at it. If what I did, didn't fix it then odds are there is something else relating to battle fuck somewhere else that needs to be tweaked. Finding it is the hard part though.

I would ask when are the animations supposed to play? During fights? After being defeated in fights? During scripted events? I Which animations don't work if some do? These are all things I need to know because I am not going to dig through the entire game looking and comparing code. I don't have the time to do that unfortunately and I would say fuck it before I ever got through the entire code lol.
The animations supposed to play during fights when Ouka gets chained. I think they start to play when Ouka has less than(50%?) energy, if you didn't hit space key in time. Which animation will play is random I think. So far I found three "broken" animations, maybe there are more, I'm not sure, altho I doubt it. Imo there are just three of them and I'm pretty sure this is the only thing thats left to fix for this game to work exactly like the original one.
I'll add one animation just to show what I mean, I could send you rest of them if it has any use.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, could you upload your unboxed unedited japanese version to mega or something, so I could check if these animations do even work there? Because if I remember correctly when I first tried this game I found out that animations for some reason only work on boxed version and they break as soon as you unbox the game(well, at atleast when I unboxed the game, if I remember it correctly). So I'd like to try your version, because maybe you're trying to fix something that's already broken since unboxing.
Edit: And as for your question which animations do work, if some do not - I think noone of the animations actually does work. Although it could be simply because the only animations in this game are battle-fuck scenes like the one I uploaded, not sure if there are any other animations.

Oh, and I tried your new CommonEvents file, it didn't fix the issue unfortunely :(

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017
Also, could you upload your unboxed unedited japanese version to mega or something, so I could check if these animations do even work there? Because if I remember correctly when I first tried this game I found out that animations for some reason only work on boxed version and they break as soon as you unbox the game(well, at atleast when I unboxed the game, if I remember it correctly). So I'd like to try your version, because maybe you're trying to fix something that's already broken since unboxing.
Edit: And as for your question which animations do work, if some do not - I think noone of the animations actually does work. Although it could be simply because the only animations in this game are battle-fuck scenes like the one I uploaded, not sure if there are any other animations.
That's correct, the only animations are in battle.
And animations work fine for me in the unboxed Japanese version (with my partial applied).
Did you remove the % signs from the default folder the unpacker extracts to? They are known to cause file path issues, could be why they weren't working for you. (although that usually just makes the game not run at all)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I wonder if the animation issues have anything to do with the files being decrypted. I don't see how that would matter but the japanese boxed version would have encrypted image and audio files. I might want to test that later this week.

Reactions: undef1ned
Oct 16, 2017
I wonder if the animation issues have anything to do with the files being decrypted. I don't see how that would matter but the japanese boxed version would have encrypted image and audio files. I might want to test that later this week.
Games can be both boxed and encrypted, but they are two different processes, and this one is only boxed, not encrypted (at least the version I have is, and Marimo's other games are only boxed). Most MV games are one or the other, but not both. I've only encountered like two games out of the dozens I've played and worked on for partials that were both encrypted and boxed.

If it were encrypted as well as boxed, the images would have come out as .rpgmvp files and/or the audio would be .rpgmvo files (audio and images do actually have separate flags).

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Games can be both boxed and encrypted, but they are two different processes, and this one is only boxed, not encrypted (at least the version I have is, and Marimo's other games are only boxed). Most MV games are one or the other, but not both. I've only encountered like two games out of the dozens I've played and worked on for partials that were both encrypted and boxed.

If it were encrypted as well as boxed, the images would have come out as .rpgmvp files and/or the audio would be .rpgmvo files (audio and images do actually have separate flags).
Yeah I know, I've just seen stranger shit happen and I was wanting to experiment a bit for learning purposes to see if something strange happened. No doubt it is just the normal MTL hijinks that caused it. no easy fix today :ROFLMAO:

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
That's correct, the only animations are in battle.
And animations work fine for me in the unboxed Japanese version (with my partial applied).
Did you remove the % signs from the default folder the unpacker extracts to? They are known to cause file path issues, could be why they weren't working for you. (although that usually just makes the game not run at all)
I don't really remember though, it might of been working. I tried to unbox/autotranslate this game like an year ago, thats why I was so unsure. It could be that animations were broken just on autotranslated version or I could simply confuse this game with another one. Since it works just fine on your unboxed version apparently I was wrong

Oct 13, 2018
I've got my eyes glued on this thread. A proper translation would be quite nice I think, as I enjoyed the last game.

But god damn if the MTL doesn't kill any and all excitement for me lmao

Reactions: taglag

Kaika_laila

Jul 2, 2017
Untested Walkthrough For the Endings
Was looking through ulmf and found some info

Those who want to have a go please do.
thanks. btw for end 2, lose first boss but win it the second time or just normal battle?
edit: nvm its lose and win on the same boss

Last edited:

LostBR

Sep 21, 2018
I don't see anyone requesting a Translation for Legend of Ouca 1 & 2 :(
I never understand one thing, is it ouka or ouca? because i saw four games about this character in the DL site, in the legend of ouca it kinda shows the origin of her.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
This one does not seem very polished, and I am not speaking about the MTL, I can fix most of that my self.

But the game it's self just does not feel as finished or detailed as the last one ( Which by the way I very much enjoyed )

I mean I am enjoying this one okay, but it just feels less finished or extremely short or something. ( Wonderful art as always though, one of the best parts of Ankoku Marimokan games )

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I started trying to make sense of the MTL, and translate some of it I think better.

A long way to go, but here are my results so far.

Install
Unzip, and replace your data folder in the www folder with this data (But First back up your data folder encase you don't like what I have done.)

Uninstall
Just replace your data folder I told you to back up.

If I do More
If I do more, I will advance the number as in data_tag01 would be come tag02 and so on.

If it help's Great. If Not I am truly sorry for bothering you.
EDIT >>> A lot of problems stemmed from the MTL making a mess of things like "\nr<\n[1]>" which is right for the female protagonist, but the MTL translation buggered the hell out of it.

I have pretty much fixed all the park scenes translations, and some of the other scene's. But there is still a lot stuff (I mean a lot) that still needs fixing. If others want to take up and do more that would be great. I pruned and tweaked as I played the game.

I may latter when have time try to plow through some more of it, but it takes time, as I can not read a lick of Japanese, and have to just have the game open, and my editor at the same time. so when I see something I am sure I can fix. I do it right them.

EDIT >>> Also if have trouble downloading
when you down load it right click it and save link as, and should download fine I just tried it. It is something I have seen before.

Here is Mega Link Data_Tag09 ( added more to the quest line, and set identifiers on many characters dialogue that had none. Did some CG text.)

Someone may have made Ping images already, I just threw these together for the battle menu go in www/img/battlecommands I have the file structure in the zip file. but wanted you to know where they need to go. ( Yeah I know there pretty shitty, but they are in English.) The attached image lets you see what they look like.

Last edited:

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I started trying to make sense of the MTL, and translate some of it I think better.

A long way to go, but here are my results so far.

Install
Unzip, and replace your data folder in the www folder with this data (But First back up your data folder encase you don't like what I have done.)

Uninstall
Just replace your data folder I told you to back up.

If I do More
If I do more, I will advance the number as in data_tag01 would be come tag02 and so on.

If it help's Great. If Not I am truly sorry for bothering you.
Yeah, for some reason this keeps opening up in a new tab as a wall of text rather than a zip.

3.20 star(s) 16 Votes