Nov 13, 2020
If Tess remains in schedule the test version should release tomorrow on patreon for the biggest tiers. Then tentatively a week or so later for the other patreons with grammar fixes.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Shuchetan

plasma343

Nov 20, 2019
Tess has said on Patreon that the test version will be coming from May 28th - May 31st, although it might be a little more rough than previous versions. She's working very hard, this update is massive, even bigger than 0.5 was, and the preview images are exciting. I’m sure the wait is going to be well worth it.

Reactions: danny slayer

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Comparing the last update's 2150 renders with this update's anticipated 3500 renders, 0.6 is almost 60% bigger than 0.5. And it's more than 7 times the first release. Tess will need a long break after this one comes out.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lol what's with this surge of "Is it out yet? Is it out yet?" responses?

Tess will release it when she's ready to release it folks.
I get the enthusiasm (I mean I'm excited too), but like the great Yoda said:

yoda-patience-young-padawan.jpg

It's the biggest update she's releasing, so of course it will take time (while she said test version will be out in 28~30 May, I'm even fine with it if she decides to release it in early June if it means we get more polished update with less issues).

Last edited:

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021

Ok, been up a while so forgive my language or typing!
Ok -- so let's cut to the chase. I am still frantically working on stuff but now making cut decisions as to what I am moving to 0.7. I am going to keep rendering images until THIS WEDNESDAY morning, and after that, what's in the game is in...and that's editing time for me. I will go from Wednesday morning as long as I can just testing/editing and trying to add music as well. I will not necessarily correct all renders I catch as mistakes versus dialogue first. I will kind of what they call triage (prioritizing) the most critical things first. To me, those are making sure all the paths actually can be found/played. Because I have added a sub K5 path, there is some additional complication for that (both in terms of choices but even a grading session where a dom/sub combo player is involved -- dom on the outside, but a subk5 too)
I will release a Test Version 0.6 (absent compelling personal problem or something) between May 28 to May 31, depending how fast I can make edits. I feel like it may be a little rougher than past Test Versions given the size, but I aim to try and avoid that fate.
Current status of 0.6 -- 3228 renders.
Last previews here. I won't post anything else from 0.6 until there is a Test Version. I would say with 99.9% certainty there won't be any issues with releasing within a week or so, but if there is, I will update immediately.

Despite the huge size of this update, I am having to cut things I wanted to include in 0.6. I am likely going to have to set up the very last scene I originally wanted, but push it back to 0.7. It's very huge and complicated, so I think I can't get it all done within a few days. I am also cutting about 4 scenes I wanted to include in 0.6, but I really want to get something out soon. At some point, one can just tweak/add forever, and I don't want to try to make it "perfect" with exactly what I wanted for a release at the cost of taking forever.
The scenes I am leaving out are all primarily story related (no kink scenes except very last one) with one preview picture I included earlier (the airplane flying over the bridge with a waterfall) likely a move to 0.7. 0.7 is much more...err story/revelation heavy given how it transitions to 0.8, but more on that later as we get into that update.
I may still try and sneak in 1-2 of those scenes into 0.6 between a Test Version and the General, but it really depends on how much work the Test one needs. Given it's size this time, I think I will have a lot to list/fix. But I hope not!
I will have a long post when the Test released about totals, and what is missing (likely for sure a closing scene and possibly some music) to be fixed right after I release it.
I've been going pretty hard recently, but glad I am getting close to releasing something for all of you. I appreciate the patience and support!

Peerke007

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2020
In KG there are about 75 characters and about 220 variables. You can end episode 5 as: K2/3/4/sub5/5/6/7/8 - all with different sets of variables. I have 26 different saved files at the end of episode 5. You don't want to know who many saved files I have for episodes 1-4. It's very complicated to keep track of all those files - I am so glad there exists spreadsheets!

Some more numbers:
episode 1: 456 renders
ep.2: 653
ep.3: 987
ep.4: 1740
ep.5: 2150
it looks like ep.6 is going to have 3228 render.

KG is one of the most intriguing and complex games I have ever encountered. Nothing but praise for Tess. I sure want to interview Tess about how (and how long) she planned creating this game. Did the game change in depth during the creation proces? - English is not my native language - I'm sorry for errors.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes