Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
I am quietly helping another AAA game with something minor as they actually approached me from KG
This is the first time I have heard of a AAA developer approaching an adult developer for help in their project. Not surprising considering that KG has a more complex and layered story than 99.9% of AVNs out there. She's surely under NDA but when and if it's lifted, I would love to know what she game worked on.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
[...] But I have fun doing this so don't mind...except right at the end, lol. I also like not only doing one thing and feel I could burn out that way. I also always wanted to tell stories, so this is a creative outlet [...]
I'll be forever thankful for that!
A while ago discussing multiple protagonist games with another member, I told him KG is in a class of it's own. It seems your work capacity and creativity defies logic, at least by comparison with the other good projects here. Also, you're not afraid to walk in and across borders and that counts a lot.

I am quietly helping another AAA game with something minor as they actually approached me from KG.
Their luck! I know this is not much of a compliment because the big studios and publishers have been suffering from lack of creativity and writing quality. It's like they're tied by their own shackles... So it seems natural that they'll try to pick your brain and get some of that. Hope it works. They need you!

When it comes out, 0.6 will be bigger than years of updates of some of the good AVNs here. Render count alone, it'll average over 500 per month, plus what's left in the cutting room. And all that tied up by the quality of your writing. Glad you prefer to take the income hit and do what you like. We all benefit from that.
Again. Thank you.

Reactions: TessSadist and Kxca

panalok

Jul 1, 2017
Since Tess wrote she reinvests part of the game's income into assets I was wondering what these assets actually are and what they cost. I assume she is refering to things like clothes for the models, settings (like the clothing store you see in so many different games) or maybe just the furniture for rooms. How exactly does this work? Do you have to pay for every single piece or can you buy, let's say, a whole kitchen for example?
Thinking about it, Tess uses a lot of "equipment" that seems to be tailor-made specifically for her game. She probably has to spend a lot of time searching for these things.

Okay forget it, I just did quick search for DAZ3D assets and now I have better understanding. A pair of Knee High Stiletto Heel Boots for $12.34 USD! Seems like you have to take out a loan before you can even start to make a game like this.o_O

Lexstok

Feb 19, 2021
Okay forget it, I just did quick search for DAZ3D assets and now I have better understanding. A pair of Knee High Stiletto Heel Boots for $12.34 USD! Seems like you have to take out a loan before you can even start to make a game like this.o_O
You can get a yearly DAZ+ membership that lowers the prices, and they regularly lower the prices of items during periods/special events. I usually buy assets that are 65% to 70% price reduced. But it still adds up to a largish pile of money.

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Since Tess wrote she reinvests part of the game's income into assets I was wondering what these assets actually are and what they cost. I assume she is refering to things like clothes for the models, settings (like the clothing store you see in so many different games) or maybe just the furniture for rooms. How exactly does this work? Do you have to pay for every single piece or can you buy, let's say, a whole kitchen for example?
Thinking about it, Tess uses a lot of "equipment" that seems to be tailor-made specifically for her game. She probably has to spend a lot of time searching for these things.

Err, spent a lot on Daz shoes, just like real life. :)

The best assets are ones that come with props you can use again. For example, a big house with a lot of furniture and other things (even things like bathtubs, beds, tables/chair) that you can use outside that original asset. Or some models come with great hair and/or clothes in a bundle. A themed environment might come with clothing and other props you can use more than once. A lot also go on sale at different times so you just watch the main sites a lot. I usually over click "wishlist" items and often some of those go on sale.

But some rooms are pretty rough. One was $90 with everything (license too for games). I only used it for about 40ish renders, but I felt it was the only asset I found that matched the idea for a scene. (it's a scene with Dom Kane and Veronica, not every player will see this on this path it depends on a prior choice)

e6dso8.jpg

Just one render from it as I required a sci-fi type of environment given the action I had in mind for the scene.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020

The best assets are ones that come with props you can use again. For example, a big house with a lot of furniture and other things (even things like bathtubs, beds, tables/chair) that you can use outside that original asset. Or some models come with great hair and/or clothes in a bundle. A themed environment might come with clothing and other props you can use more than once. A lot also go on sale at different times so you just watch the main sites a lot. I usually over click "wishlist" items and often some of those go on sale.

But some rooms are pretty rough. One was $90 with everything (license too for games). I only used it for about 40ish renders, but I felt it was the only asset I found that matched the idea for a scene. (it's a scene with Dom Kane and Veronica, not every player will see this on this path it depends on a prior choice)

View attachment 1817712

Just one render from it as I required a sci-fi type of environment given the action I had in mind for the scene.
Women and their love for shoes- an attraction stronger than that between predator and prey.

Coming to this scene, is Veronica trying to open the multiverse:p? As if the present group of Karlsson ladies isn't dangerous enough, imagine what carnage a pair of Juliettes can bring or what fun inventions two Veronicas can come up with.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

View attachment 1817712

Veronica will always be my #1 girl in this game, so can't wait to see that scene when we play the update (that render looks lovely, despite not having anything lewd or sexual going on heh).

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Always trying to be honest, I am very very close. But I never want to give any dates precisely unless I am 100% sure. I would just say I am 99% sure (absent disaster to me or something bizarre) that the Test Version is very close now, and that I have little worry about getting it out before the end of this month. It's just a matter whether I sacrifice one scene or not (I am trying to see if I can sneak it in there or not as it's over 175ish-200 renders written out on its own and it's a VERY hard scene -- but I will release it with or without it at a certain hard date I have in my mind. I will start 0.7 with it if I can't get it in by the desired time I consider a hard deadline to deliver an update.) But we'll see. If I get that scene in it would be an almost crazy 3500 renders for 0.6 I bet. (err it's crazy to me lol)

I've never worked faster on this in my life (I went from about 1100 images at the end of February to now 3200 on May 20 -- so about 2,100 renders in less than three months) but I worry about more errors when you are running so fast.

Beyond that for the next version, it's hard to say as it really depends on what is discovered during that process...always find some mistakes, corrections, and other things. This is why the Test Version often has some scenes without great music yet...or dialogue errors, and renders that need work. Getting back off...just checking out the site a short time...
Damn I can't wait and that's a big amount of renders

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017

View attachment 1817712

TessSadist I know you are a genuinely Amazing person not only possessing an imagination that's fueled by conceptualization and rationalization but also truly mind-boggling capability in the creation of the character of Veronica who is one like an actual omnipotent God. She just sits at the gallery watching the match with a remote control in her as she constantly maneuvers the game mechanics challenging both the good and bad sides equally with her ingenuity and adding elements that challenge the referee as well as the spectators where all involved are frustrated, piqued, interested, engrossed and are forced to participate in their own design where even I think she herself puts herself in the same position and watches herself as a third person to tweak and evaluate, preempt and correct changes in the system.
What I want to say is Thanks for giving us a character like her. ;P

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes