Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about a guy that paid $5 for a link and has to wait hours to play the game, but yeah, I'm going to increase the bandwidth with a new link of course.
That's what I meant. You can always post a new link.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
V0.6 final version gonna come out this month ??
I was going to probably post it Thursday...given the week rule of updates for the site, not sure now. I kind of wanted the main version to be updated instead of this one as now a lot of players might miss it. (if they see Beta and download, and then never see the update and even realize there is a Final as the different/added experience, plus I worry about their saves for 0.7)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I was going to probably post it Thursday...given the week rule of updates for the site, not sure now. I kind of wanted the main version to be updated instead of this one as now a lot of players might miss it. (if they see Beta and download, and then never see the update and even realize there is a Final as the different/added experience, plus I worry about their saves for 0.7)
There's a warning in the OP, it's on them.

Besides, what kind of sadist worries about pirates with broken saves?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nod, given the new save system (I think for you it will be simplistic though to handle) wise to wait and there are new scenes as well, so just in case...
You got me curious finally and all I had to do is look at everything EXCEPT the script... I got this. Kudos for implementing a couple of my tricks btw, sincerely. I also see you are taking conditionals a step backwards:

FYI on a couple things if I may, menu choices are automatically True by default, no need to add the conditional to each if True. You can of course add conditionals to them to only be True under certain circumstances but just know they are True all the time unless conditioned to be otherwise. Also, you were being orthodox before in your label conditionals ending them with else but now you've changed them and fallen back to ending them with elif True. That doesn't break anything in the conditionals BUT is not really orthodox coding, you actually had both of the scenarios right the first time. Obviously those changes don't harm anything if it makes it easier for you to be more efficient while your banging out dialogue scripts, I just thought I'd let ya know fwiw... I ain't waggin' my finger at ya.

sidsan

Jun 17, 2021
so download this 0.6 beta version or not and wait for the final version? TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
You got me curious finally and all I had to do is look at everything EXCEPT the script... I got this. Kudos for implementing a couple of my tricks btw, sincerely. I also see you are taking conditionals a step backwards:

FYI on a couple things if I may, menu choices are automatically True by default, no need to add the conditional to each if True. You can of course add conditionals to them to only be True under certain circumstances but just know they are True all the time unless conditioned to be otherwise. Also, you were being orthodox before in your label conditionals ending them with else but now you've changed them and fallen back to ending them with elif True. That doesn't break anything in the conditionals BUT is not really orthodox coding, you actually had both of the scenarios right the first time. Obviously those changes don't harm anything if it makes it easier for you to be more efficient while your banging out dialogue scripts, I just thought I'd let ya know fwiw... I ain't waggin' my finger at ya.
I appreciate any tech tips, I literally never even read...much less used code before starting all this, so coming from a place of complete ignorance and willing to sponge learn anything I can. :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I appreciate any tech tips, I literally never even read...much less used code before starting all this, so coming from a place of complete ignorance and willing to sponge learn anything I can. :)
Honestly it's a no harm/no foul issue but good habits learned initially is easier than breaking bad ones and re-learning... imho. It's really not a huge deal, your scripting is so much better than many devs. As boring as it is, when in doubt always reference the official Python documentation and/or RenPy documentation. That way you can absorb correct methods in small chunks as you need them. But of course you do you, I'm not trying to be preachy or anything, just an advisement to you who I have full respect. Regards as always.

Reactions: DarkFencer1

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I'm going to try and wait for the final. I think a few days shouldn't be too much, but I'm really tempted.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes