Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Does anyone know which route has the most content?
I think dom route, at least i see more work on it. Sub route has a lot of contenct too, no many differences. Dom route for example has short scenes with movement, nothing special but is something.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
About animated scenes, this is new in the game not? I don´t remember have seen this scences with movement in latest versions. It would be nice having this scenes in both routes, and of course start to have more and more with the pass of time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As I'm getting closer to having SanchoMod updated, I can't help but feel the dialogue via Olivia to "Kane" comes across odd on the Dom side pathing. When they and Taylor are going over things before the Pod inspection... Olivia is giving advice to "Kane" as if she's some type of know-it-all, when she hardly knows shit about not only the facility but how to manage "inmates". It's as if in the blink of an eye she's become Warden Supreme.

Just my take... which means Jack shit at the end of the day. Anyway, I'm back to it. I hope to have the mod update finished today sometime. It's been one helluva lot of work tbh. Progress update posts and other shenanigans are in the mod's thread if interested. Regards.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
When i read Sancho explain he has clients to see first, I keep wondering when we're gonna find out Sancho is actually someone like Steve Wozniak or something who just codes these mods for entertainment between corp deals. "Whelp, that supercomputer is uo and running. Time to relax and update Summer Scent"

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
As I'm getting closer to having SanchoMod updated, I can't help but feel the dialogue via Olivia to "Kane" comes across odd on the Dom side pathing. When they and Taylor are going over things before the Pod inspection... Olivia is giving advice to "Kane" as if she's some type of know-it-all, when she hardly knows shit about not only the facility but how to manage "inmates". It's as if in the blink of an eye she's become Warden Supreme.

Just my take... which means Jack shit at the end of the day. Anyway, I'm back to it. I hope to have the mod update finished today sometime. It's been one helluva lot of work tbh. Progress update posts and other shenanigans are in the mod's thread if interested. Regards.
Yeah, the characterization of Olivia has seemed pretty inconsistent throughout. But we also know from v. 0.6 that she's had some advance knowledge and training that Kane doesn't (and that he doesn't know she has), the precise nature of which is still unclear.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Too many stats and you don't want some shown but want others?

Well, I'm making changes to the MiniStat. See example in post here if that's your thing. With so much going on I'm forced to allow the Player to customize the stat screen to minimize congestion and be easier on the eyes aesthetically. The point of SanchoMod has always been to enhance the product, as if it's supposed to be there... not impose itself or be in the way. Now I'm giving you even more choice of how the UI is presented... because that's true freedom... choice. Regards.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Yeah, the characterization of Olivia has seemed pretty inconsistent throughout. But we also know from v. 0.6 that she's had some advance knowledge and training that Kane doesn't (and that he doesn't know she has), the precise nature of which is still unclear.
Its also conceviable she's been getting a bunch of training on thw island we aren't seeing. It may also be a writing thing, where the author has to make Dom and Sub different enough to make the flavor stick.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Its also conceviable she's been getting a bunch of training on thw island we aren't seeing. It may also be a writing thing, where the author has to make Dom and Sub different enough to make the flavor stick.
My two pesos: If that's the only two options (and it's certainly not) then I'd go with the latter... since no one goes from a barista to rocket scientist in a few days... not even Elon.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021

Too many stats and you don't want some shown but want others?

Well, I'm making changes to the MiniStat. See example in post here if that's your thing. With so much going on I'm forced to allow the Player to customize the stat screen to minimize congestion and be easier on the eyes aesthetically. The point of SanchoMod has always been to enhance the product, as if it's supposed to be there... not impose itself or be in the way. Now I'm giving you even more choice of how the UI is presented... because that's true freedom... choice. Regards.
You are way too good to us. Thanks for all the hard work

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Fake it till you make it ... Super fly for a Konvict guy - Angel singer song writer
(unless lady gaga wrote it in her being a studio employee early years) akon did pretty good,
singer, songwriter, producer, studio owner, even diamond mine owner,
talk about inspirations for this game corpo many avenues for proffit and world domineering,
all of which with no previous experience: pretty good, so here we are ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mod oN!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You are way too good to us. Thanks for all the hard work
Me being honest, y'all know I write these mods for my personal use... so it's all for selfish reasons. I'm just sharing a few of my toys for karma. So, I'm really just being good to me... that's the honesty of it at the end of the day. I wouldn't lie to or deceive you into thinking otherwise. Regards bud.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Kane similarly got a crash course in the same week, it's always quite surprising that an entire episode is about 1-2 days. Also, she might just be putting together everything Callista taught her into context, because both Olivia and Kane had years of weird secret training from young, so they should know some things even if they didn't yet know how to use those information.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021

I missed doing a more traditional update on Sunday due to the release, so here are some things on my plate this week as I recover from a Final 0.7! I'm enjoying a day outside and hanging out with loved ones, etc.
There will be a few things I am trying to package this week with the help of some great people too as I try and not get into Episode 8 yet!
1) A relationship chart that is updated with new characters for the game (warning, this document will have spoilers -- possibly even from save paths you might have missed, so be aware of that if you read it)
2) Putting together a compressed version (About 3 GB instead of 13) and Android version of the 0.7 to help out those audiences.
3) Exploring the tech side of creating Episode 8 in a new way with transferring some things over from 1-7, but also creating a new introduction and possibly some UI tweaks.
4) A 0.7 walkthrough - this is always tricky for me to write because I know so much more than what is revealed in 0.7, so I will likely have a few people help on it after I draft something (to make sure I am not spoiling Episode 8 by accident)
5) I will post a monthly poll later this week for our first new image set as I'd like to work on something outside the game again! Now we have so many characters now that I can't even fit them all in one poll (I think there is a 25 person limit) so any suggestions who to include on the first poll (or how to group them) would be appreciated :)
More later, I am enjoying a brief respite from everything! I worked really hard and tried my best to let everyone have fun, so I hope you all are having a great week too! More soon!

Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
Not sure if someone added it (didn't bother to check previous messages), but render #s for the update are:

- 16,500 lines of code and 4,100 renders.

Putting this here if anyone wanted an idea of it, or to add to changelog if needed.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Kane similarly got a crash course in the same week, it's always quite surprising that an entire episode is about 1-2 days. Also, she might just be putting together everything Callista taught her into context, because both Olivia and Kane had years of weird secret training from young, so they should know some things even if they didn't yet know how to use those information.
I think is just a writting thing, at least in sub route, Olivia has to appear smarter and more powerful than Kane, for the simple benefit of the story. Anyway i keep thinking Olivia don´t appear so smart, there are many secenes where Olivia is constantly asking to the other characters how to do something or what´s the meaning or other thing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think is just a writting thing, at least in sub route, Olivia has to appear smarter and more powerful than Kane, for the simple benefit of the story. Anyway i keep thinking Olivia don´t appear so smart, there are many secenes where Olivia is constantly asking to the other characters how to do something or what´s the meaning or other thing.
Basically my thoughts I made here. She acts like a know-it-all with "Kane", giving him "advice" on the Pod W2 review but doesn't know much of Jack shit yet.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Basically my thoughts I made here. She acts like a know-it-all with "Kane", giving him "advice" on the Pod W2 review but doesn't know much of Jack shit yet.
Trying to make sense of Olivia's character is increasingly a mug's game, I find. In some scenes you can guide her to be moral and even somewhat submissive if that's your thing, in others she'll automatically show herself as an evil sadist no matter your choices. In the early game she'll be in awe at everything that's happening to her:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But then later we learn that she's secretly been prepped and trained specifically for the Karlssons making contact, so apparently she was lying even to herself earlier, as well as to her brothers.

This becomes a bit of an issue when we're being asked to make decisions for Olivia as players, when we never know what her motivation will turn out to be by the next scene or the next update.

There's a lot to like about this game, but character consistency is not one of its main strengths.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's a lot to like about this game, but character consistency is not one of its main strengths.
I work hard on the mod to support Tess's project, so I won't bad mouth her in any way... but that particular criticism is fair and just, so I don't see saying it as being harsh or punking. Regardless, I've gotta get back to it... folks are waiting for me to finish the mod... and a proper guide. I've a few new features that will certainly elevate the quality of life imho.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes