Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
The problem with the olivia theory is that would mean she's been around alexander a helluva lot more than is being shown.
The shown amount is zero, so a few intermittent years wouldn't be that much of a growth curve. Remember Callista timed these things perfectly from what the MC said.
the likelihood of none of the karllson sisters knowing her under those circumstances would be insanely low.
By the same vein, wouldn't the 3 siblings know about Veronica/Alessandra spending time with Callista consistently enough to get attached? Especially since they were a much smaller & close-knit family compared to the karlssons.
I think we can put this on Alexander & Callista's abilities to keep secrets (Even we are being tormented by them secrets rno_O:LOL:)
also:
v "I have no doubt he would have discovered you all...if he really pushed for it. But...if anything, I suspect he was helping hide all of you all along..."
v "I still did find you eventually, but he insisted we not intervene. But you were watched for a while..."
sis "When did you discover us?"
scene e7opod17 with mediumdissolve
v "I...it doesn't matter right now.

How much Veronica knows, her role & motivations in the gambit, is another interesting line of thought I haven't given much thought on, since the Olivia one tired me out. The points are Kiyomi's presence during the lake meeting, & various dialogues from her that take a different shade after the grymgudinnalives reveal. But it's too open still I think, so won't bother with it rn. But that's a interesting point about who might know what... Thanks (y)
The only piece of information that might support it is that Olivia was shown to be a natural actress and even then...that would be relying on alot of our imaginations to fill in the blanks
Well, this did start out as a wild theory. But looking at how ch6+7 have 2 Olivia flashbacks each, consistently delivering information inconsistent with our prior perception of her. I atleast think this fits better than "forgot her brothers pregnancy due to shock" given how old & mature(relatively) she apears in the flashback of MC's birth.
This also depends a lot on the meta analysis of the reveal setups & their positioning/timeline.

The main points are the game's portrayal of Olivia pre-ch6 is becoming more inconsistent with the flashbacks from ch6 & ch7.

The deathbed theory is a pretty big leap, but agent Olivia is all but confirmed. Only question is: to what extent?

Man, can't wait for ch8:geek:

But yeah, this is just speculation. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

It's good to maintain a healthy level of scepticism to any theory.
I learned this the hard way from the grymgudinnalives reveal (added a thought process summary to my post) & now I'm even cautious about Callista being the gambit queen (probably, but not gonna take it for granted)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drunkz

RajniCD sis

Apr 14, 2021
There will be no sex between siblings. The developer is , and that is her personal position. Keep in mind, however, that not all of the game's key characters are actually siblings. So if your question was about Kane and Olivia, in light of recent events, I think anything is possible.
Is the Dev Totally against also Trans ? I have seen lots of kink, Extreme Bdsm, Strapon Pegging, Chastity an many more , so why there is no Trans continent ? sorry for poor English, just a question

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

lightalex

Oct 31, 2017
If this turns out to be true I'm going to be (slightly) pissed depending on how the dom/sub sis stats come into play.
I've been waiting for them to matter since the first few episodes and I've been mentally renaming them to more align with "empathy" since they just don't do what they're called; kind of a rugpull if you ask me. But to be fair, this could also be an unfair expectation given we've looked into the code and know the internal variable names .

Anyhow, it was nice reading your speculations.
Why is she in short a future Board Member? Official they knew her a few days(others then beeing watched) and she is worthy only she is another Daughter?
About sub/dom/evil Points maybe she can fail during future Episode? Hope so, the points mean only in sub MC she can help him when not evil.
can´t wait for the next piece of Puzzle. in only a few years we knew the answers:)

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
The shown amount is zero, so a few intermittent years wouldn't be that much of a growth curve. Remember Callista timed these things perfectly from what the MC said.

By the same vein, wouldn't the 3 siblings know about Veronica/Alessandra spending time with Callista consistently enough to get attached? Especially since they were a much smaller & close-knit family compared to the karlssons.
I think we can put this on Alexander & Callista's abilities to keep secrets (Even we are being tormented by them secrets rno_O:LOL:)
also:
v "I have no doubt he would have discovered you all...if he really pushed for it. But...if anything, I suspect he was helping hide all of you all along..."
v "I still did find you eventually, but he insisted we not intervene. But you were watched for a while..."
sis "When did you discover us?"
scene e7opod17 with mediumdissolve
v "I...it doesn't matter right now.

How much Veronica knows, her role & motivations in the gambit, is another interesting line of thought I haven't given much thought on, since the Olivia one tired me out. The points are Kiyomi's presence during the lake meeting, & various dialogues from her that take a different shade after the grymgudinnalives reveal. But it's too open still I think, so won't bother with it rn. But that's a interesting point about who might know what... Thanks (y)

Well this did start out as a wild theory. But looking at how ch6+7 have 2 Olivia flashbacks each, consistently delivering information inconsistent with our prior perception of her. I atleast think this fits better than "forgot her brothers pregnancy due to shock" given how old & mature(relatively) she apears in the flashback of MC's birth.
This also depends a lot on the meta analysis of the reveal setups & their positioning/timeline.

The main points are the game's portrayal of Olivia pre-ch6 is becoming more inconsistent with the flashbacks from ch6 & ch7.

The deathbed theory is a pretty big leap, but agent Olivia is all but confirmed. Only question is: to what extent?

Man, can't wait for ch8:geek:

But yeah, this is just speculation. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

It's good to maintain a healthy level of scepticism to any theory.
I learned this the hard way from the grymgudinnalives reveal (added a thought process summary to my post) & now I'm even cautious about Callista being the gambit queen (probably, but not gonna take it for granted)
The biggest problem with olivia having prior knowledge of her alexander connection and meeting him is who is sneaking her on and off the island for these meetings and if he wanted Olivia so badly, why would he allow her to stay with Callista? Somebody on the board would have had to be aware of Olivia, yet not one person appears to know anything.
Theres also the issue of his being shocked by the brilliance of the kid in question. Why would he be shocked by someone raised by Callista?
As for veronica, we can assume that veronica and probably yvette knew of Callista and Kane since he was the kid from the earlier chapter when they first met.

Is the Dev Totally against also Trans ? I have seen lots of kink, Extreme Bdsm, Strapon Pegging, Chastity an many more , so why there is no Trans continent ? sorry for poor English, just a question
Because she's marketing towards a straight audience. Lgbtq content probs wouldnt go over well with her current audience ( maybe some lesbianism, but that's it).

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Theres also the issue of his being shocked by the brilliance of the kid in question. Why would he be shocked by someone raised by Callista?
Raised by Callista doesn't mean anything if you see the kid not meeting your expectations.
If you enroll your kid in the best school but see him getting D-, would you think he's a brilliant child? Would you not be surprised by your D- kid scoring a scholarship, no matter where he went to school or what tutors he had? Especially if you had evaluated him as D- yourself & had great confidence in your judgement in that aspect??
He is shocked that he couldn't see that briliance before, that someone was able to fool him & hide their true self from him. This has nothing to do with Callista. Olivia's acting talent should have helped with this, fooling the great Alexander Karlsson :love:
Only Olivia <3<3

As for secrets, the whole game thrives on secrets. Alexander had loyal servants/allies. So did Callista.
He had the power to arrange the whole Gambit in secret. Even after he's dead, he's still keeping his secrets. I don't doubt his ability at keeping things secret...
who is sneaking her on and off the island for these meetings
Also, what island? The game so far takes place on one island, but the whole Karlsson territory was his playground. They could meet at any place, multiple facilities, instead of smuggling Olivia into an area with heavy board presence. Like the temple in the flashback, it had Alexander's building but was open to MC, hence not on the "island".
and if he wanted Olivia so badly, why would he allow her to stay with Callista?
Working theory would be he wanted her trained & raised by Callista as well as himself. After all, we still don't have much info on the gambit or on Alexander's motivations/intentions. Or Callista's for that matter.

yet not one person appears to know anything.
Olivia also seemed to not know anything, but the 4 flashbacks from ch6+7 say differently, with each chapter showing she knew more than we previously thought.

The Alexander connection is a guess, sure. But Olivia knowing more than previously thought is pretty much confirmed, either about the Karlssons coming, from the chopper flashbacks; or in more detail about Alexander's mindset & their family blood relations secrets, from the hiking flashbacks. Question is how far does that go & how much she knows...

As for veronica, we can assume that veronica and probably yvette knew of Callista and Kane since he was the kid from the earlier chapter when they first met.
I meant about the whole Olivia situation. That connection was already revealed pretty early, (that they had contact & communication with Callista, & Stacy even thought MC was lucky for having her as mom when she identified Callista's fav quote), then used to obsfucate the grymgudinna identity.
But yeah, the current working relationship between Veronica & Callista would be interesting to think about, given grymgudinnalives establishing a similar relationship between Alessandra & Callista - a relationship we previously thought was between Veronica & Callista :unsure:

But yeah, the Alexander connection is based more on possibilities & following the trend.
It's more prediction than anything.
Olivia knowing however, either about seth or herself or about the gambit, etc., is pretty much confirmed from the flashbacks tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

tarsgrim

Dec 19, 2022
You know guys, if in the end it turns out that the one who is presented as xx in the scripts turns out to be Olivia, I'm going to end up being very pissed off and I'm going to do everything possible to screw up her life. Because that means that she has lied to us all our lives (kane) has been playing with us and I feel sorry for her but I forgive but I don't forget. I think that each episode that passes gives me more reasons to hate her if she ends up being XX.
but I don't think it turns out to be her It is clear that with everything we know, the xx of the intro could clearly be Olivia due to the theme of the music and such.
but in the one in chapter 3 the meeting between xx and queen gives me more a feeling that it is alexandra or even veronica but I seriously believe that it is alexandra in this case. So it is possible that Tess uses the xx to prevent the player from knowing all the game pieces and representing multiple people

Last edited:

lightalex

Oct 31, 2017
Alessandra knows more.
V said to Yvette and Elena no one of the Daughters can shown the Information of the Hookup with the MC (Grandson).
On the Meeting Scene Olivia as Warden with MC and Alessandra on the Roof
She says his Future is only Fingertips away? Maybe i forget things, it cannot be reveald to her at that time?
What means the laughter on the Deathbed? the tyrant is dead/ better future/ finally i have you killed/ Callista revenge?
Why only Olivia train? does calilsta not know the importance of the MC? Impossible
Or we do not know if he was trained?
And when all three Children she raised failed, become evil/sub possibly get killed or killed each other she stand by and does nothing?

The writing is brilliant and all Clues can be true or the developer is an genius in letting us all in the dark thru the end
Wait and see in future EP

Last edited:
Reactions: Remembrance

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
You know guys, if in the end it turns out that the one who is presented as xx in the scripts turns out to be Olivia, I'm going to end up being very pissed off and I'm going to do everything possible to screw up her life. Because that means that she has lied to us all our lives (kane) has been playing with us and I feel sorry for her but I forgive but I don't forget. I think that each episode that passes gives me more reasons to hate her if she ends up being XX.
but I don't think it turns out to be her It is clear that with everything we know, the xx of the intro could clearly be Olivia due to the theme of the music and such.
but in the one in chapter 3 the meeting between xx and queen gives me more a feeling that it is alexandra or even veronica but I seriously believe that it is alexandra in this case. So it is possible that Tess uses the xx to prevent the player from knowing all the game pieces and representing multiple people
xx is defined as ???????
So any character we don't know is represented by that.
iirc, in the flashback of Callista planning to escape, Cole is represented by xx(??????).
So xx can be used as long as the identity is unknown, & doesn't connect the characters in anyway.

The whole crutch of my theory was that they could be 2 ppl. (grymgudinna & deathbed daughter)
Using xx for both means both are unknown. We unconsciously treat them as the same person, but that's not necessarily true. (Dev would be smart to take advantage of the fact tho. I hope this was intentional, representing grymgudinna using the same character in chapter 1 while we were still wondering about the xx in the start screen, creating an unconscious bias to treat them as the same person)
The person who talks to the queen is grymgudinna, the person giving orders to Pat in ch1. This is more or less confirmed to be Alessandra in the label grymgudinnalives in chapter 7: Pat meets Alessandra & it contains some dialogue that confirms she followed her orders in the jail.
Now, they can very well be the same person, or grymgudinna can be different from the person present at the deathbed.
Both possibilities exist rn, so cannot be sure.

And I wouldn't hate Olivia. Rather she had to take on a bigger responsibility while MC was blissfully unaware.
You can see this in the hiking flashback, MC is definitely more carefree while Olivia seemed to have stuff weighing her down mentally.
Imagine she had to know the hypothetical question was a real possibility down the road & still make a choice? Much harder than a "fun hypothetical choice with your sister with no consequences" the MC got.
And she still chose the MC.
Alexander is never gonna get a Father of the year trophy. I'm sure those were not exactly pleasant times for her. But she did it for MC's sake (atleast will be my Olivia's motivation if I can choose).
The gambit was gonna happen anyway, defying the timeline would only harm MC presumably.
I don't think we should blame Olivia for having to lie to the person she cares the most in the world (see her answer to the question in hiking flashback). If her personality changes, that's fine. She can be her own person. But I'm gonna try to keep the prince & princess for each other, & even if there are some things she couldn't reveal to her blissfully ignorant fake brother for his sake, it'd never shake the bond between them. The escape rocket will have them as they will choose one another<3<3

In short, while I understand the sentiment, it'd just make Olivia badass for me, fooling even Alexander Karlsson, & not mind the lies. Even his mother, & everyone else, lied & he's been better off without that weight on his shoulders so far imo.
Ofc as long as there is a choice to choose MC over the world as Olivia.
Soft coded blocks like if sis_team: or if princesseyes: is fine, but there should be someway to influence that. "Olivia does everything for MC's sake & should not be blamed" is the narrative I'm trying to go for.
But some might enjoy evil olivia variations too I guess :unsure:

Anyway, it's just a speculative theory & very barebones too.
If it does happen, I'm sure there will be complicated reasons for the choices, that don't paint Olivia in a bad light:)

Last edited:

tarsgrim

Dec 19, 2022
xx is defined as ???????
So any character we don't know is represented by that.
iirc, in the flashback of Callista planning to escape, Cole is represented by xx(??????).
So xx can be used as long as the identity is unknown, & doesn't connect the characters in anyway.

The whole crutch of my theory was that they could be 2 ppl. (grymgudinna & deathbed daughter)
Using xx for both means both are unknown. We unconsciously treat them as the same person, but that's not necessarily true. (Dev would be smart to take advantage of the fact tho. I hope this was intentional, representing grymgudinna using the same character in chapter 1 while we were still wondering about the xx in the start screen, creating an unconscious bias to treat them as the same person)
The person who talks to the queen is grymgudinna, the person giving orders to Pat in ch1. This is more or less confirmed to be Alessandra in the label grymgudinnalives in chapter 7: Pat meets Alessandra & it contains some dialogue that confirms she followed her orders in the jail.
Now, they can very well be the same person, or grymgudinna can be different from the person present at the deathbed.
Both possibilities exist rn, so cannot be sure.

And I wouldn't hate Olivia. Rather she had to take on a bigger responsibility while MC was blissfully unaware.
You can see this in the hiking flashback, MC is definitely more carefree while Olivia seemed to have stuff weighing her down mentally.
Imagine she had to know the hypothetical question was a real possibility down the road & still make a choice? Much harder than a "fun hypothetical choice with your sister with no consequences" the MC got.
And she still chose the MC.
Alexander is never gonna get a Father of the year trophy. I'm sure those were not exactly pleasant times for her. But she did it for MC's sake (atleast will be my Olivia's motivation if I can choose).
The gambit was gonna happen anyway, defying the timeline would only harm MC presumably.
I don't think we should blame Olivia for having to lie to the person she cares the most in the world (see her answer to the question in hiking flashback). If her personality changes, that's fine. She can be her own person. But I'm gonna try to keep the prince & princess for each other, & even if there are some things she couldn't reveal to her blissfully ignorant fake brother for his sake, it'd never shake the bond between them. The escape rocket will have them as they will choose one another<3<3

In short, while I understand the sentiment, it'd just make Olivia badass for me, fooling even Alexander Karlsson, & not mind the lies. Even his mother, & everyone else, lied & he's been better off without that weight on his shoulders so far imo.
Ofc as long as there is a choice to choose MC over the world as Olivia.
Soft coded blocks like if sis_team: or if princesseyes: is fine, but there should be someway to influence that. "Olivia does everything for MC's sake & should not be blamed" is the narrative I'm trying to go for.
But some might enjoy evil olivia variations too I guess :unsure:

Anyway, it's just a speculative theory & very barebones too.
If it does happen, I'm sure there will be complicated reasons for the choices, that don't paint Olivia in a bad light:)
I understand your point of view. and I have put it with conditions, it's not that I hate Olivia per se, but if she knew the whole truth, it seems to me that she acts very falsely with her brother Kane and I can't stand false people.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
I understand your point of view. and I have put it with conditions, it's not that I hate Olivia per se, but if she knew the whole truth, it seems to me that she acts very falsely with her brother Kane and I can't stand false people.
I get that. It's just I see a lot of people overreact on this issue (lying, acting/protecting in secret, etc) without considering the whole complex situation.

Everyone has been very false with the MC, even his mother let him get into this whole situation & specifically trained Olivia to lie to him.(if true)
So I just wanna cut Olivia some slack if possible.
The world is evil & I'd rather have someone lying to me but looking out for me rather than a very honest bitch torturing me.

It'd be with conditions for me too, but I'd rather look at her heart instead of her actions - if she lied for MC's sake, whether that pained her, whether she cared, etc. :giggle:

(If possible my Olivia would always do everything for the MC's sake & choose the MC over the whole world. Idk if that'd be an option tho ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯)

Last edited:
Reactions: lightalex

lightalex

Oct 31, 2017
I get that. It's just I see a lot of people overreact on this issue (lying, acting/protecting in secret, etc) without considering the whole complex situation.

Everyone has been very false with the MC, even his mother let him get into this whole situation & specifically trained Olivia to lie to him.(if true)
So I just wanna cut Olivia some slack if possible.
The world evil & I'd rather have someone lying to me but looking out for me rather than a very honest bitch torturing me.

It'd be with conditions for me too, but I'd rather look at her heart instead of her actions - if she lied for MC's sake, whether that pained her, whether she cared, etc. :giggle:

(If possible my Olivia would always do everything for the MC's sake & choose the MC over the whole world. Idk if that'd be an option tho ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯)
i can´t play evil Olivia torture MC, so good can she not acting. Power corrupt but the fake brother?
grow up together for 15-20 years and after he fails for a few days so bad( ok original 6 Month by Dev )
Revolution and or saved by deKocks.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022
Hi all! Guys, tell me, who has already dealt with the last chapter, on what paths do these events occur? Somehow they can't get to them. Probably it was necessary to choose Dominique or Juliet as a patron earlier. Or does it not matter? Does anyone know key points?

Here are 3 situations.

I follow the path K1. Didn't choose a patron. MC is good. Sister is evil.

Beware of spoilers!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
So i was bored and designed to ask chat GPT to rewrite Karlsson Gambit. This is what it came up with.

Title: Karlsson's Strategy
Author: TessSadist
Chapter 1: The Unforeseen Move
In the realm of chess, where battles are fought on a checkered battlefield, a grandmaster named Karlsson embarked on a daring campaign against his opponents. Known for his audacity and unorthodox style, he devised a unique strategy that would send shockwaves through the chess community.

Chapter 2: Seeds of Brilliance
Karlsson, a chess prodigy with a sharp mind, observed the well-trodden paths of conventional strategies. Dissatisfied with the predictable moves and the stagnation they bred, he sought a breakthrough. Late into the night, fueled by passion and a relentless pursuit of excellence, Karlsson delved into unexplored avenues.

Chapter 3: The Gambit Unveiled
A hushed silence fell upon the room as Karlsson executed his masterstroke, known now as "Karlsson's Strategy." He sacrificed a knight, a move that raised eyebrows and stirred whispers of disbelief. Critics shook their heads, confident in their imminent triumph. Little did they know that they were merely pieces in Karlsson's carefully crafted plan.
Chapter 4: The Art of Deception
As the game progressed, Karlsson manoeuvred his remaining pieces with the precision of a seasoned general. Each move seemed innocuous, but beneath the surface, a web of intricately woven tactics unfolded. Karlsson toyed with his opponents, luring them into traps disguised as opportunities.

Chapter 5: Unleashing Chaos
Like a tempest unleashed upon a placid sea, Karlsson's strategy unraveled chaos on the board. Pawns became knights, rooks danced with bishops, and the once-mighty queens trembled before the might of his calculated assault. Karlsson thrived amidst the chaos, his audacity transforming him into a chess virtuoso.

Chapter 6: A Calculated Triumph
As the dust settled, Karlsson emerged victorious, his adversaries left in awe of his brilliance. They marveled at his ability to bend the rules of the game, forging a path untrodden by his peers. Karlsson's strategy had rewritten the chess landscape, forever altering the definition of what was possible.

Epilogue: Legacy of a Maverick
Karlsson's name echoed through the halls of chess history, his strategy etched into the annals of greatness. Other players sought to emulate his audacity, pushing the boundaries of the game further. Karlsson's gambit had become a testament to the power of imagination, reminding the world that true innovation knows no bounds.
Note: This is a fictional rewrite of the original work by TessSadist and does not represent the actual content of Karlsson's Gambit.

Reactions: Lilo732

lightalex

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe Callista was pregnant with Luke?
We only see her in Hospital mention the Name Luke, and the Nurse says we did everthing we could.
If this is from a helicopter crash we don´t know.
Lost Luke take Seth for whatever reason, then the two other MC can not know the difference

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DoverUK25

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is there any discussion yet about "Fratricide" (= the act of killing one's own brother)?

I don't think it is by accident that we have 2 brothers as MCs who are named after 2 of the most well known brother killers in mythologie.

Kane or Cain killed his (younger) brother Abel in the biblical Book of Genesis.
"Cain, the firstborn, was a farmer, and his brother Abel was a shepherd. The brothers made sacrifices to God, but God favored Abel's sacrifice instead of Cain's. Cain then murdered Abel, whereupon God punished Cain by condemning him to a life of wandering."

Set or Seth killed his (older) brother Osiris in egyptian mythologie.
"Set is a god of deserts, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion.  In Ancient Greek, the god's name is given as Sēth. Set had a positive role where he accompanies Ra on his barque to repel Apep, the serpent of Chaos. Set had a vital role as a reconciled combatant.  He was lord of the Red Land (desert), where he was the balance to Horus' role as lord of the Black Land (fertile land)."
"Osiris is the god of fertility, agriculture, the afterlife, the dead, resurrection, life, and vegetation in ancient Egyptian religion."
"In the Osiris myth, the most important Egyptian myth, Set is portrayed as the usurper who murdered and mutilated his own brother, Osiris."

So there might be endings where Kane kills Seth and vice versa, maybe based on good versus evil rating. (Evil Kane kills Seth to take over the company, good Seth kills evil Kane to save the world, ...)

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes