risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Hi everyone!

I had a very long night working on the game and would like to get back to it even more tonight, so forgive me if my writing is a bit sporadic and disorganized. But here is the status as of right now:

After working this week and seeing where things stand, I've decided to try and squeeze one more week of adding content to the Test Version. I'm not going to make all the scenes I wanted to add, but I am now creating a tier of priority with Test Version scenes and post Test Version scenes that I will try and add to Final Version, Episode 8, Part I. The main scenes for sure that are OUT for the Test Version are the Easter Egg scenes, the K1 scene, and 2-3 others.

One difference I think from prior episodes is that I think I will add more content between the Test and Final Versions given the deadlines I am trying to impose on myself.

I have also had some conversations about trying to allow brand new players to Episode 8 a way to create a "save status" somehow, but this is not a Test Version issue but rather Final.

Anyway, here is the content status:

Dom Path: 1098 ---> 1128 renders (100% content, only editing remains)

Secret Sub: 189 ---> 189 (100%)

Main Branch: 429 ---> 429 (100%)

Sub Path: 927 ---> 1,040 (90+%)

Total: 2643 ---> 2,786 renders

----

The Final Version will end up easily over 3,000 renders, so this episode ended up bigger than I anticipated (I remember I wanted 1500-2000 renders only!), but with the way branching/paths work, I always feel like the gameplay is too short for one path if the update is too small. I guess this is a habit I need to break and just accept that some paths may feel shorter if an update is not huge.

For the sub path for the TEST version only, I am trying to get three more scenes to make the content stage. If I do, that will likely take the total sub renders from 1,040 to a bit over the dom path total of 1128. (I did add a few renders to the dom path this week after testing it a bit in gameplay)

As is normal this time of the update...I am sprinting and very tired too. So please forgive the lack of response time for messages.

I'll try and write a better update next week, but at that point, I anticipate I will stop adding content and shift completely to editing. If all goes well, I hope to crank out the Test Version by the end of this month. The only real fear on this for me is tech stuff because of how saves are being imported over, which I have never done before at all. But I'm going to give it my all!

I hope everyone is having a good 2024 so far! As always, words cannot adequately express how much I appreciate the patience and support! I am always working really hard!

Love,

Mistress Tess
There were people who seriously believed that the new update would come in 4-5 months, I want to sell them a bridge.

FinrayB

Feb 12, 2021
Great!. But I gotta say... Does anyone else think that Tess is adding too many new characters late to the story and outta nowhere?. idk, i fear it will possibly get a little convoluted (if thats the right word). Just a little too much going on i guess

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Great!. But I gotta say... Does anyone else think that Tess is adding too many new characters outta nowhere to the story?. idk, i fear it will possibly get a little convoluted (if thats the right word). Just a little too much going on i guess
She has an ending in mind. Apparently the only character increased that wasn't originally planned was kazumi

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The Final Version will end up easily over 3,000 renders, so this episode ended up bigger than I anticipated (I remember I wanted 1500-2000 renders only!), but with the way branching/paths work, I always feel like the gameplay is too short for one path if the update is too small. I guess this is a habit I need to break and just accept that some paths may feel shorter if an update is not huge.
I think is better for all if Tess does big actualizations even if we need to wait more time, when she speaked about the short chapter with 1.500 renders releasing it each 4 months i was not very happy , the amount of content with less than 2.000 renders is very short for this type of stories with many routes and variables. I play the sub and dom paths so it would be sad for me have less content in one of them :cry:.

Yea I agree, there is way too much to recap for a new player to effectively incorporate themselves at episode 8. I appreciate Tess's ambition, but this is coming off as way too ambitious
Why a new player would begin in the chapter 8? I mean, is always better beginning in the chapter 1 right? :LOL:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Yeah I just don't see anything under a 6-7 month cycle being possible with the amount of routes and content. Personally I'm looking at it more in 8 month windows. The 4-5 month cycle was floated when the idea was to do partial releases of chapters, but I think that was dropped and it's full episode releases, which is better imo anyway. This and NiF are pretty much the only 2 titles I really bother caring about, when they're both complete I don't plan on looking at these types of games anymore, easier to just play full complete regular games instead. That's not a knock on these small/solo devs, they provide something very unique, but you have to accept several years for a game to finish.
You do realize that this IS a partial chapter release, right? Chapter 8-Part I (out of III). Tess has said that the game show doesn't really start until Part II.

Reactions: drdiver3

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Great!. But I gotta say... Does anyone else think that Tess is adding too many new characters outta nowhere to the story?. idk, i fear it will possibly get a little convoluted (if thats the right word). Just a little too much going on i guess
its already convoluted lol

Reactions: Piratefishes

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
I'm not leaving those four bitches to anyone. I'm waiting for the MC to kill them personally.
Killing the Veronica bitch is key to the revolution.
She's the most dangerous of all those bitches.

I will build my own empire in the shadow of the revolution.
A new world where masters are slaves and slaves are masters.

Even without such an ending, I will still be satisfied because everyone in the game can be killed except one person.
I'll kill everyone, even if it gets Mc killed.

View attachment 2907988
every one will be killed except who? and why?

Last edited:

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Only Astrid is guaranteed to stay alive regardless of choice and/or consequences.

As for the why...I dunno....maybe play it eventually you'll find out...cos no one here knows.
whos astrid? i assume the chracter in tess's profile?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
whos astrid? i assume the chracter in tess's profile?
Maybe that's why you should play the VN instead of asking questions that are explained in it...as it's difficult to tell you without giving huge spoilers away, (even if they are put in the spoiler tag). You will see the character regardless of path/route so can't miss her.

Reactions: drdiver3

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Maybe that's why you should play the VN instead of asking questions that are explained in it...as it's difficult to tell you without giving huge spoilers away, (even if they are put in the spoiler tag). You will see the character regardless of path/route so can't miss her.
i don't care about spoilers, you can tell me.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Astrid
y1.jpg
found her lol i also found out that she isn't a phycopath like all other characters, anyone here can confirm this information?

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 146 Votes