Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That's what I'm talking about.
View attachment 3229961 View attachment 3229965 View attachment 3229966

And I'm not optimistic about this system.. :unsure:

Ahhhh I missed the 8 save slots screen, wonder how I did that....oh well, not important I guess.

Episode 8 is going to be separate from 1-7… so the Download size for the game isn’t too big… which Tess Said that you’ll be able to have up to 8 amounts of saves that can then transfer over to episode 8
Yeah already knew that....missed the 8 slots thing...cos I'm dumb I guess, or hadn't had enough coffee...or was too busy watching radar...take ya pick.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
From what Tess told me, it's eight saves at a time, not eight in total. So you can move the eight saves to the new build and save there, then overwrite the saves in the old one and move the saves once again. Rinse and repeat. This way you can move all your saves. I too have a bazillion saves to move. But you need both 0.7 and 0.8 installed at the same time.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those are very valid points.
Hard to tell if that scene is an indication for the future of the Jacobson family or the trust between Olivia and Kane and their future interactions. Callista seems invulnerable at the time, but still... Id love for there to be a possible situation where somebody is forced to choose which family member to save.
This is solely speculation and nothing else. However, I get the feeling that Astrid knows whatever Veronica knows so even if Dom and Veronica went down, I get the feeling she could do their job if needed.

Reactions: Stan5851

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Episode 8 is going to be separate from 1-7… so the Download size for the game isn’t too big… which Tess Said that you’ll be able to have up to 8 amounts of saves that can then transfer over to episode 8
Is it not possible to save the files somewhere else and load as needed?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Is it not possible to save the files somewhere else and load as needed?
Unless there is some convulated code to stop you, or it's being done as an 'easy way' for people who cannot move files around a computer, I'd be tempted to just try copying the save folder over and then try loading your saves (as it appears the persistant data is not going to be read).

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
From what Tess told me, it's eight saves at a time, not eight in total. So you can move the eight saves to the new build and save there, then overwrite the saves in the old one and move the saves once again. Rinse and repeat. This way you can move all your saves. I too have a bazillion saves to move. But you need both 0.7 and 0.8 installed at the same time.
That's great news! The main thing is that the implementation of this system should not fail. I'm a little confused by the separate menu of favorite final save files( Ep7), from which there is no access to the general menu "Load", where the same "quadrillion of our saves". I recently replayed KG (on another PC), so there I couldn't get to the general "Load" menu until I deleted the entire folder with saves and persistent file and replaced them with others from a backup. Anyway, hopefully in ep8 this whole updated system will work as it should.

Last edited:

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Hi everyone!

I had a very long night working on the game and would like to get back to it even more tonight, so forgive me if my writing is a bit sporadic and disorganized. But here is the status as of right now:

After working this week and seeing where things stand, I've decided to try and squeeze one more week of adding content to the Test Version. I'm not going to make all the scenes I wanted to add, but I am now creating a tier of priority with Test Version scenes and post Test Version scenes that I will try and add to Final Version, Episode 8, Part I. The main scenes for sure that are OUT for the Test Version are the Easter Egg scenes, the K1 scene, and 2-3 others.

One difference I think from prior episodes is that I think I will add more content between the Test and Final Versions given the deadlines I am trying to impose on myself.

I have also had some conversations about trying to allow brand new players to Episode 8 a way to create a "save status" somehow, but this is not a Test Version issue but rather Final.

Anyway, here is the content status:

Dom Path: 1098 ---> 1128 renders (100% content, only editing remains)

Secret Sub: 189 ---> 189 (100%)

Main Branch: 429 ---> 429 (100%)

Sub Path: 927 ---> 1,040 (90+%)

Total: 2643 ---> 2,786 renders

----

The Final Version will end up easily over 3,000 renders, so this episode ended up bigger than I anticipated (I remember I wanted 1500-2000 renders only!), but with the way branching/paths work, I always feel like the gameplay is too short for one path if the update is too small. I guess this is a habit I need to break and just accept that some paths may feel shorter if an update is not huge.

For the sub path for the TEST version only, I am trying to get three more scenes to make the content stage. If I do, that will likely take the total sub renders from 1,040 to a bit over the dom path total of 1128. (I did add a few renders to the dom path this week after testing it a bit in gameplay)

As is normal this time of the update...I am sprinting and very tired too. So please forgive the lack of response time for messages.

I'll try and write a better update next week, but at that point, I anticipate I will stop adding content and shift completely to editing. If all goes well, I hope to crank out the Test Version by the end of this month. The only real fear on this for me is tech stuff because of how saves are being imported over, which I have never done before at all. But I'm going to give it my all!

I hope everyone is having a good 2024 so far! As always, words cannot adequately express how much I appreciate the patience and support! I am always working really hard!

Love,

Mistress Tess

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
I have also had some conversations about trying to allow brand new players to Episode 8 a way to create a "save status" somehow, but this is not a Test Version issue but rather Final.
I really hope she doesn't do that. That'd make a lot of previous choices, even if minor, pointless and bring down the complexity of the game. We'd miss a lot of little details and dialogues if new players are just allowed to start episode 8 after making a few choices.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I really hope she doesn't do that. That'd make a lot of previous choices, even if minor, pointless and bring down the complexity of the game. We'd miss a lot of little details and dialogues if new players are just allowed to start episode 8 after making a few choices.
I'm pretty sure like many VN's, if she did that there will also be questions to be answered regarding anything with a flag or variable.

Reactions: YuNobi1

Among Us

Nov 29, 2020
I'm pretty sure like many VN's, if she did that there will also be questions to be answered regarding anything with a flag or variable.
There are a TON of choices, flags and variables. There's no way she gonna make new players answer that many questions before they start episode 8. So the other choices essentially become pointless because she simply won't make content based on the little choices from previous episodes.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone!

I had a very long night working on the game and would like to get back to it even more tonight, so forgive me if my writing is a bit sporadic and disorganized. But here is the status as of right now:

After working this week and seeing where things stand, I've decided to try and squeeze one more week of adding content to the Test Version. I'm not going to make all the scenes I wanted to add, but I am now creating a tier of priority with Test Version scenes and post Test Version scenes that I will try and add to Final Version, Episode 8, Part I. The main scenes for sure that are OUT for the Test Version are the Easter Egg scenes, the K1 scene, and 2-3 others.

One difference I think from prior episodes is that I think I will add more content between the Test and Final Versions given the deadlines I am trying to impose on myself.

Anyway, here is the content status:

Dom Path: 1098 ---> 1128 renders (100% content, only editing remains)

Secret Sub: 189 ---> 189 (100%)

Main Branch: 429 ---> 429 (100%)

Sub Path: 927 ---> 1,040 (90+%)

Total: 2643 ---> 2,786 renders

----

The Final Version will end up easily over 3,000 renders, so this episode ended up bigger than I anticipated (I remember I wanted 1500-2000 renders only!), but with the way branching/paths work, I always feel like the gameplay is too short for one path if the update is too small. I guess this is a habit I need to break and just accept that some paths may feel shorter if an update is not huge.

For the sub path for the TEST version only, I am trying to get three more scenes to make the content stage. If I do, that will likely take the total sub renders from 1,040 to a bit over the dom path total of 1128. (I did add a few renders to the dom path this week after testing it a bit in gameplay)

As is normal this time of the update...I am sprinting and very tired too. So please forgive the lack of response time for messages.

I'll try and write a better update next week, but at that point, I anticipate I will stop adding content and shift completely to editing. If all goes well, I hope to crank out the Test Version by the end of this month. The only real fear on this for me is tech stuff because of how saves are being imported over, which I have never done before at all. But I'm going to give it my all!

I hope everyone is having a good 2024 so far! As always, words cannot adequately express how much I appreciate the patience and support! I am always working really hard!

Love,

Mistress Tess
Dude was sweating to post this first HAHAHA thanks

• Haha
Reactions: DoverUK25

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah I mean even Mass effect does this… one of the best RPGs out there… so there’s no problem… people that play it will probably get more specific dialogues from lesser and main choices!

Reactions: YuNobi1

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Yeah I mean even Mass effect does this… one of the best RPGs out there… so there’s no problem… people that play it will probably get more specific dialogues from lesser and main choices!
Mass Effect does it alright, but it's far from effective. Much different experience playing from the beginning and playing from the second or third part.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Mass Effect does it alright, but it's far from effective. Much different experience playing from the beginning and playing from the second or third part.
Of course! That’s why there’s different dialogues interactions if you play throughout all the games! They wouldn’t be there if you skipped ahead! And started like ME2 or ME3

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes