DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I have a gut feeling Callista might try to run away with Kane's child if he is not good enough to win the gambit.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I can't help but push back on these statements.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the game and I'm not trying to bash it for no reason. If it was a lesser game, I wouldn't be as invested or as passionate about it.
Yea Callista and Alexander feel way overhyped. Thankfully, Alexander is dead so he'll never disappoint us as the story seems to be more about his wishes and his actions than the man himself.
Olivia I get as the decisions we make with her don't require her secret knowledge ( other than the kidnapping ones not too much immersion). Im just waiting for dom and juliette to start making moves against her since she's very much a threat to them and they know it. Kane though, yea. Other than Veronica being that kid he met in the park, he has to have everything spelled out for him. Hopefully as a dom now that he has a bit more freedom, he'll be able to figure things out.

Thyat is where you are wrong because Veronica is doing it exactly how it was set up and If kane does what he has to do whatever that is than he will obtain full control over it all so he has it all to gain and nobody can do anything if and when he is in that position! Veronica clearly says this to Elena and Yvette that if he does all required than he will be given full control and the only one to ever be able to do anything then is his son not his heir cause a girl does nothing for what is wanted from kane and a daughter he picks to be with and even then she may or may not have any say.
If he's a dom that will be true, but if he's a sub it'll be a matter of which mistress will tell him to pick her and whether said mistress will want him around when raising the kid.

Reactions: Stan5851

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Yea Callista and Alexander feel way overhyped. Thankfully, Alexander is dead so he'll never disappoint us as the story seems to be more about his wishes and his actions than the man himself.
Olivia I get as the decisions we make with her don't require her secret knowledge ( other than the kidnapping ones not too much immersion). Im just waiting for dom and juliette to start making moves against her since she's very much a threat to them and they know it. Kane though, yea. Other than Veronica being that kid he met in the park, he has to have everything spelled out for him. Hopefully as a dom now that he has a bit more freedom, he'll be able to figure things out.

If he's a dom that will be true, but if he's a sub it'll be a matter of which mistress will tell him to pick her and whether said mistress will want him around when raising the kid.
Unless he has hidden knowledge and is also acting like Olivia. It could be plausible.

rai1230

Mar 14, 2021
another thing is we always hear the Kane is important to the whole organization but from what i see the sisters can decide to just luck him up until they finish fighting for the top seat and the winner can just take his sperm and make what ever they want with it until now i don't see how Kane has an impact at all he knows nothing and has nothing to offer plus if he dose not make the choices that the people in charge think they are right then he is gonna be a slave.
he really has no control over his life mean while Olivia got everything handed to her and she is always getting information and support all that must make Callista look not that bright unless we are gonna see a 260IQ move from her later in the game that can change everything and can be used as a safe fail incase Kane fuck up, or she just dose not really care about Kane and what is important for her is to have an heir to the organization.
i guess we have to see what happens in the next update

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
another thing is we always hear the Kane is important to the whole organization but from what i see the sisters can decide to just luck him up until they finish fighting for the top seat and the winner can just take his sperm and make what ever they want with it until now i don't see how Kane has an impact at all he knows nothing and has nothing to offer plus if he dose not make the choices that the people in charge think they are right then he is gonna be a slave.
he really has no control over his life mean while Olivia got everything handed to her and she is always getting information and support all that must make Callista look not that bright unless we are gonna see a 260IQ move from her later in the game that can change everything and can be used as a safe fail incase Kane fuck up, or she just dose not really care about Kane and what is important for her is to have an heir to the organization.
i guess we have to see what happens in the next update
It was stated that Kane is her favorite child, aka her golden child. There has to be a ton of fail-safes, even from Alexander himself as this is the only way to his objective.
But, to be honest, the subplaythrough is not a natural way of acting and is only possible given that it's driven by a player making the decisions. We should respect the decision of the players as they go this path, but it's really hard to consider cannon.
The thing, the gambit at least from Kane's perspective is more of a reward if he is worthy of being the king of the new world. But even if he does every single thing wrong he is absolutely precious given his hidden connections and the implications of his future children.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
she just dose not really care about Kane and what is important for her is to have an heir to the organization.
Even if this is the case it would make sense, after all Callista agreed with being part of the organization and her view about society is the same as the other ejecutives so... Kane is important but only for his sperm :LOL: . It doesn´t really matter if he lives or dies when he gets pregnant one of the sisters.

Of course is someone wants a pure couple in the throne Kane need to be there but is not necessary.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MilesEdgeworth

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I can't help but push back on these statements.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the game and I'm not trying to bash it for no reason. If it was a lesser game, I wouldn't be as invested or as passionate about it.
Some things I agree with, but there are things that, in my opinion, look different and should be perceived differently. As I have already written, this is the way the story is presented, we are not revealed all things and therefore, probably, you and I have a deceptive feeling of stupid Kane.

"Well, I (the player) know everything, and this fool (Kane) can't understand the obvious". Except you have to realize that you know it not as Kane, but as a player who, roughly speaking, is just invisibly present at the most important events of the game, while our Kane is somewhere in the bowels of JoyFacility.

Now about Mary Sue's Olivia.(point 2) Here I agree completely. And yes, I too am annoyed by the unrestrained kissing of Olivia's ass by others, even though in fact she hasn't done much of anything so far, and neither has Kane. So yeah, we'll just have to chalk it up to Tess' own personal femdom fantasies.

Then again, for now, Olivia can mostly prove herself from a moral standpoint, which, given her position as Warden, makes sense. You don't expect her to discover planets and invent cures for all diseases, do you? Anyway, it's a complex and voluminous topic and I think we'll just have to wait to see how this girl with a golden spoon in her mouth handles the real trials.

Reactions: BurgRoyce

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
But, to be honest, the subplaythrough is not a natural way of acting and is only possible given that it's driven by a player making the decisions. We should respect the decision of the players as they go this path, but it's really hard to consider cannon.
Yeah I think this probably key. We all understand (I hope) why that path exists given the larger context of the setting, but nothing we know about Kane so far or in flashbacks (or events told) tell us that Kane is naturally a submisisve personality (or, not that I saw at the least) unlike say Seth who most definitely has been/is.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
It's a fuckup regardless she put Kane in a situation where the possibility that he could die is more than zero and she didn't even bother training him for it. For all this hiding, she could've easily bought him over to the decocks and they would've been comfortable and safe but instead, they were raised in what appears to be poverty, Kane's life was likely swapped for a seth cure and Olivis wound up right where she would've been to begin with, the only real difference is that she didn't have Alexander fucking with her.
Kane and Olivia didn't grow up in poverty. He lived in poverty as an adult. As for the rest, re-read my post about whether Callista had a choice at all... Also, don't forget that here we have a dystopia in a post-apocalyptic world, and it's a bit strange to me to see you complaining that Kane wasn't asked for consent or that the chances of Kane dying are greater than 0... ;)

Everyone has a chance to die in this world, and as you know, only 3 characters are guaranteed not to die. And personally, I wouldn't want to play as Kane if he, like Olivia, was assigned to some important position like Warden right after the events started, where he would live quietly and peacefully. Where's the challenge then? The game would lose interest if Kane was invulnerable to failure (and even death). I think that's an obvious fact.

I am sure that in time the whole truth will be revealed to us, and then you and I with a clear head will be able to assess what happened and make appropriate decisions.

Reactions: DoverUK25

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I hate saying this but I think Seth is the wild card because 1 he has the same condition as Astrid and 2 we get confirmed that Alexander could have been helping Callista keep Kane Oliva Seth hidden from the Board. what to say Callista and Alexander didn't rekindle their relationship and the outcome is Seth but with Seth's condition Alexander Knew he was not fit enough to run his company one day and screamed WHY DO BAD THINGS KEEP happening to God people LIKE ME.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I hate saying this but I think Seth is the wild card because 1 he has the same condition as Astrid and 2 we get confirmed that Alexander could have been helping Callista keep Kane Oliva Seth hidden from the Board. what to say Callista and Alexander didn't rekindle their relationship and the outcome is Seth but with Seth's condition Alexander Knew he was not fit enough to run his company one day and screamed WHY DO BAD THINGS KEEP happening to God people LIKE ME.
The problem with part of that theory is that, it beings us back round to the question/argument of when did she have Seth and where and how did she keep it a secret (from 2 kids) etc etc etc....

Which, is all plausbily explained should it be required for story purposes but is just another aspect we're currently pretty clueless about.

Reactions: DoverUK25

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021

... supposedly when Whoever is coming to Rescue Cole at the end of episode 6 said “Rescue try, less than Week”... Cole is expecting extraction from the isolated island by some figure… Seems like Veronica and Dominique don't know about it... (maybe Veronica and just hasn’t told Dominique?). question is... Who is going to Rescue him?

maybe it’s.. KIYOMI

also, Tess gave me a strong indication of that,
Cole is one of those fathers that’ll want to come save Kane no matter what version he is… And now that he’s found out about Kane situation… he won’t sit idly by… Seems like the only characters who actually care about Kane are Cole, Nadia and Maybe Veronica… Callista… not enough to go by… but if she’s still alive and see Kane (Sub) with Elena, Yvette? Or even Delilah I mean… she wouldn’t accept it… would she?

Side note- And Cynthia and Cole Keep saying..., "But it seems thing are the way they are... **for now**... " even in the sub playthrough… seems like whatever happens the Decocks will take/rescue Kane

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
All fair points and factual within what we know. Maybe perhaps Otto will be involved? It seems like his kind of forte perhaps, expecially with him previously having contact with Callista also? He does seem a lot more than he appears to me, like a secret service, black-ops type of man who acting purely as a bodyguard is way below is actual skill-set. Definitely a man for all situations type...

I would say though:
Seems like the only characters who actually care about Kane are Cole, Nadia and Maybe Veronica
According to who exactly? This is another one of things that can differ drastically depending on whether sub or dom path and who you may or may not be chasing as a LI. (specifically referring to Olivia here, especially on the dom path and chasing her. She cares more about you than any single person alive and is very much 'on your side').

Mar 11, 2023
"Well, I (the player) know everything, and this fool (Kane) can't understand the obvious". Except you have to realize that you know it not as Kane, but as a player who, roughly speaking, is just invisibly present at the most important events of the game, while our Kane is somewhere in the bowels of JoyFacility.
I judge Kane only on the merit of the scenes he is in. For example, throughout ep.6 Elena makes slip-ups in Kane's presence that should alert him to what's going on (Fireplace conversation: she channels her inner Dominic Toretto and talks about family; Poolside scene: she almost says "daughter" referring to Olivia). By that point Kane knows exactly what kind of environment he is in and should be paying attention to every word and facial expression of the people 'above' him. And he kinda does that with the department evaluations - Veronica wants someone smart and brave, Juliette - cruel and sadistic, etc. By paying attention he gets all the way to K9 and his 2-seater Bugatti.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
By that point Kane knows exactly what kind of environment he is in and should be paying attention to every word and facial expression of the people 'above' him.
Well..he should...you're right lmao...not sure he entirely does though hehe.
By paying attention he gets all the way to K9 and his 2-seater Bugatti.
Ehh...even as a dom player...I'm not entirely sure very much of it (if at all really) is down to Kane himself (or by paying attention) lol...he still a little clueless and certainly getting every helping hand along the way to progress.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
According to who exactly? This is another one of things that can differ drastically depending on whether sub or dom path and who you may or may not be chasing as a LI. (specifically referring to Olivia here, especially on the dom path and chasing her. She cares more about you than any single person alive and is very much 'on your side').
I’m just saying what I think personally Lol Things do drastically change based on your choices with characters, with Olivia,Juliette, Dominique… also Tess also said this.. if you find it interesting…
Talks about having choices of evil and good being available for certain characters..

Anyways, those three Characters have shown that they have love/care for Kane no matter if he’s sub or dom… yes we need more information right now for all three characters but for right now, none have them have showed I’ll-intent towards Kane… Maybe Veronica but in..her own unique way (I’m not bias at allll… heh)

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I’m just saying what I think personally Lol Things do drastically change based on your choices with characters, with Olivia… Tess also said this.. if you find it interesting…
But those three Characters have shown that they have love/care for Kane no matter if he’s sub or dom… yes we need more information right now for all three characters but for right now, none have them have showed I’ll-intent towards Kane… Maybe Veronica but in..her own unique way (I’m not bias at allll… heh)
Nadia I would question...but as we already know, has vastly differing content depending on paths and what you suggest with her really isn't shown on the dom path, at least not yet.

As you already replied though, I'll add this here rather than edit my porevious post (which was what I was about to do...you're too on the ball today SS hehe):

Kane is the biggest idiot around, oblivious to everything around him and with 0 hint of him being apt at, say, research or engineering. Yet some characters have high hopes for his scientific talents. His IQ is lower than my room temperature (in Celsius).
That literally made me LOL for real (and good job I wasn't drinking coffee at the time haha)...but that leads along with my previous post. I do completely agree and as noted in Tess' post which you added, especially on the 'dom' path (which in reality should be re-labelled...the not being walked all over path) it will be nice to actually see a pro-active Kane, making decisions for himself and taking control of his life/situation as opposed to (as I said earlier), by and large receiving lots of helping hands and favors to get where he currently is.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes