drdiver3

Apr 11, 2023
I hope the Dom/evil path isn't removed. I find it to be really enjoyable. Although I might be in minority because I think more people prefer the sub path.

What about romancing the characters like Juliette, Olivia, Dominique, & Delilah on the evil route?
Goddamn perverts are ruining everything. That's usually my go-to path
If you care about this path and don't already support her, it may be worth supporting her to contribute to her poll and provide your opinion.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
This is the full patron post from Tess

Hi everyone!
I greatly appreciate the feedback I have been getting on the Test Version, and I am outlining some changes and a workflow plan for this week to finish up the Final Version of the game. I never want to give a hard deadline because I never know when something may go wrong, but I hope to have the Final Version out by roughly Friday this week.
I will be adding a few scenes, a few Easter Egg scenes, an outro, if I can find all the masks an intro mask shot, and selecting/adding all animations that I think make everything work better. (I usually reject about half of the animations that are created and keep the other half and include in game.)
So I hope to have this update out soon, and will stagger the release first to $8 tier up and give a bit of feedback time for this group but I will work to quickly get it out to $5 tier too if nothing is wrong.
Please make sure to carefully go over the save screens tutorial I put up in a prior post here on Patreon or on Discord in the save tutorial channel. It is important you save under the proper slot to ensure saves carry over properly. Most testers have got saves over ok, but a few had issues so I helped walked them through getting their saves compatible. The best indicator is that you have to type in a save name with a numbered slot 1-8 on the mask screens, not typing in a saved game name on the "normal" save screen where you see boxes/pictures on the screen.
Ok, this last item of business is a tough one for me to talk about but I always want to be transparent and discuss everything relevant in my mind. I primarily do this game for enjoyment and creative exercise, as it helps me in a lot of ways outside of KG. I have always been ok making less money if my enjoyment is not hindered too much. (I understand nothing is always perfect and happy, so I'm talking more normal stuff.)

I'm not going to go over ad naseum some issues I have faced, but the bottom line overall is that I have had issues ranging from the worst levels of harassment to lighter stuff that has impacted me otherwise. In short, bad actors. But the reality is that almost all of these bad actors are primarily fans of a very specific path of Karlsson's Gambit.
That path is generally classified for me as "dom/evil" on the extreme end. For those of you that can dig in the code, it's Kane with the "demon" flag and Olivia with the "demoness" flag combined together. I am NOT talking about a very strong and assertive Kane that takes power and can gain harem/romantic interests, but being very specific to the extreme evil path. For those that have played Episode 8, not to spoil it for those that haven't, this flag applies to one scene with Dom Kane, Juliette, and Mercy. I think those that have played can understand which scene I mean.
What does it mean if I seriously do consider taking it out? What it practically would mean is that I would abandon the demon flag and make deeper paths on the good dom, secret sub, and flesh out more of the normal dominant Kane path where he can be assertive and form relationships/harem females over time. A bit more "normal" versus extreme evil possibilities. This is not a change I love from my own personal writing standpoint, as I like writing about the extremes, but I am also getting weary (weary is the perfect word) from constant bad actors pushing on stuff related to this specific path. While I have had minor issues from 1-2 slaves on the extreme sub side because they get a bit needy, it is NOTHING close to what I have experienced on the other extreme. It just is not close, people would absolutely feel I should sue people for what I am seeing sometimes.
My primary goal in all of this is to keep the game going and retain my enjoyment as that's what drives me to keep writing...but I am putting up a poll here. Other than I think way back the poll that created Veronica Karlsson, this might be the most critical poll in possibly shaping what kind of decision I make moving forward. So please help me out by indicating how you play the game, and which paths you like, etc. I am not necessarily making any decisions based just on a poll, but I really do want to get a temperature check on my current Patrons and get a sense of how many "good" actors (not the bad actors but just regular people) that enjoy this specific path and might be unhappy about losing it.
So you can vote for more than one poll answer if it's relevant too (like you enjoy the sub and dom paths both for example) Just give me an indication...thanks! I know the choices might not be perfect with mindset, but I am just trying to guess as best as I can...
Please note none of this remotely impacts the sub path, or the very evil paths on that side, as I frankly have had no issues (read: bad actors) on that at all.
And as I said, I hope to have the next version out by I hope this Friday! Thanks!

I play the dom path, and love the extreme evil dom path and would be greatly upset losing it.

I play the dom path, and like the extreme evil path, absolutely would miss it.

I play the dom path and don't care too much about the extreme evil path. I won't miss it too much.

I play the dom path and prefer the good path.

I play the dom path and prefer a more normal/dominant harem/romance gaining power Kane without extreme evil.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub path, but love the extreme evil path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, but like the extreme evil path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, don't care about extreme evil path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, prefer good path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, prefer normal assertive/dominant Kane gaining power/females path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but love the extreme evil dom path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but like the extreme evil dom path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but don't care about the extreme evil path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but prefer good dom path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but prefer normal Kane assertive/dominant harem/romance path.

I play mostly all/sub path, completely ignore the dom path except secret sub

I play mostly all/sub path, completely ignore dom path entirely.

Side ask from here o n down for research: I like the sub path, prefer more extreme content

I like the sub path, prefer a mix of extreme and gentle

I like the sub path, prefer a more gentle path generally

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

Hi everyone!
I greatly appreciate the feedback I have been getting on the Test Version, and I am outlining some changes and a workflow plan for this week to finish up the Final Version of the game. I never want to give a hard deadline because I never know when something may go wrong, but I hope to have the Final Version out by roughly Friday this week.
I will be adding a few scenes, a few Easter Egg scenes, an outro, if I can find all the masks an intro mask shot, and selecting/adding all animations that I think make everything work better. (I usually reject about half of the animations that are created and keep the other half and include in game.)
So I hope to have this update out soon, and will stagger the release first to $8 tier up and give a bit of feedback time for this group but I will work to quickly get it out to $5 tier too if nothing is wrong.
Please make sure to carefully go over the save screens tutorial I put up in a prior post here on Patreon or on Discord in the save tutorial channel. It is important you save under the proper slot to ensure saves carry over properly. Most testers have got saves over ok, but a few had issues so I helped walked them through getting their saves compatible. The best indicator is that you have to type in a save name with a numbered slot 1-8 on the mask screens, not typing in a saved game name on the "normal" save screen where you see boxes/pictures on the screen.
Ok, this last item of business is a tough one for me to talk about but I always want to be transparent and discuss everything relevant in my mind. I primarily do this game for enjoyment and creative exercise, as it helps me in a lot of ways outside of KG. I have always been ok making less money if my enjoyment is not hindered too much. (I understand nothing is always perfect and happy, so I'm talking more normal stuff.)

I'm not going to go over ad naseum some issues I have faced, but the bottom line overall is that I have had issues ranging from the worst levels of harassment to lighter stuff that has impacted me otherwise. In short, bad actors. But the reality is that almost all of these bad actors are primarily fans of a very specific path of Karlsson's Gambit.
That path is generally classified for me as "dom/evil" on the extreme end. For those of you that can dig in the code, it's Kane with the "demon" flag and Olivia with the "demoness" flag combined together. I am NOT talking about a very strong and assertive Kane that takes power and can gain harem/romantic interests, but being very specific to the extreme evil path. For those that have played Episode 8, not to spoil it for those that haven't, this flag applies to one scene with Dom Kane, Juliette, and Mercy. I think those that have played can understand which scene I mean.
What does it mean if I seriously do consider taking it out? What it practically would mean is that I would abandon the demon flag and make deeper paths on the good dom, secret sub, and flesh out more of the normal dominant Kane path where he can be assertive and form relationships/harem females over time. A bit more "normal" versus extreme evil possibilities. This is not a change I love from my own personal writing standpoint, as I like writing about the extremes, but I am also getting weary (weary is the perfect word) from constant bad actors pushing on stuff related to this specific path. While I have had minor issues from 1-2 slaves on the extreme sub side because they get a bit needy, it is NOTHING close to what I have experienced on the other extreme. It just is not close, people would absolutely feel I should sue people for what I am seeing sometimes.
My primary goal in all of this is to keep the game going and retain my enjoyment as that's what drives me to keep writing...but I am putting up a poll here. Other than I think way back the poll that created Veronica Karlsson, this might be the most critical poll in possibly shaping what kind of decision I make moving forward. So please help me out by indicating how you play the game, and which paths you like, etc. I am not necessarily making any decisions based just on a poll, but I really do want to get a temperature check on my current Patrons and get a sense of how many "good" actors (not the bad actors but just regular people) that enjoy this specific path and might be unhappy about losing it.
So you can vote for more than one poll answer if it's relevant too (like you enjoy the sub and dom paths both for example) Just give me an indication...thanks! I know the choices might not be perfect with mindset, but I am just trying to guess as best as I can...
Please note none of this remotely impacts the sub path, or the very evil paths on that side, as I frankly have had no issues (read: bad actors) on that at all.
And as I said, I hope to have the next version out by I hope this Friday! Thanks!

I play the dom path, and love the extreme evil dom path and would be greatly upset losing it.

I play the dom path and don't care too much about the extreme evil path. I won't miss it too much.

I play the dom path and prefer a more normal/dominant harem/romance gaining power Kane without extreme evil.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub path, but love the extreme evil path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, don't care about extreme evil path.

I play dom path but primarily for secret sub, prefer normal assertive/dominant Kane gaining power/females path.

I play mostly/all sub path, but prefer normal Kane assertive/dominant harem/romance path.

Side ask from here o n down for research: I like the sub path, prefer more extreme content

31, 26, 51 :p Though sometimes I think I'd like to be really evil and you know... ring you know who's neck. Maybe just keep that part?:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DoverUK25

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021

Hi everyone!

Personally, I'm fine with that. While I have been going more evil choices to unlock more Kane-Olivia content on the Dom path, there was a line Juliette presented in that Tess is referencing that I refused to cross. So, I do agree there's a certain level that is too far.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Jesus H. Murphy. Well there goes the only path I played in that case. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Not sure I can be arsed to start another playthrough, given that it would just be a constant reminder of what could have been.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
yep looks like we're losing the evil path, must adjust my gameplay accordingly
Well not really...looks/sounds like we can still do an evil path (essential for Juliette romance) but the 'uber extreme demon' evil path is being cut. I'm fine with that even if I also liked that path...but can live with and accept it.

Hi everyone!

Also find it interesting, despite what some (lesser known posters) here constantly spout...from actual paying subscribers, it looks like doms and subs are pretty evenly split and not majority sub players....

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
I haven’t played the current build yet (waiting for it to be out of test), what’s the issue people are having with the demon path? I’ve always done the demon path for evil play throughs so I’m curious what recent event turned people away.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I haven’t played the current build yet (waiting for it to be out of test), what’s the issue people are having with the demon path? I’ve always done the demon path for evil play throughs so I’m curious what recent event turned people away.
Most of the people harassing tess appear to be playing that path so she'll likely get rid of it to try and repel said bad actors

• Sad
Reactions: SlowGoesSlow

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The new event is essentially more of what you'll already have seen if playing that path Sex! Murder! Sexy Murder! Murderous Sex! so I guess this must be more about the reaction the dev is getting from some of the game's followers rather than the specific event.

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
The new event is essentially more of what you'll already have seen if playing that path Sex! Murder! Sexy Murder! Murderous Sex! so I guess this must be more about the reaction the dev is getting from some of the game's followers rather than the specific event.
That’s a shame, it was a good polar opposite route in comparison to a route like Uber good guy JunkoRomance/ Revolution route.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Well not really...looks/sounds like we can still do an evil path (essential for Juliette romance) but the 'uber extreme demon' evil path is being cut. I'm fine with that even if I also liked that path...but can live with and accept it.

Also find it interesting, despite what some (lesser known posters) here constantly spout...from actual paying subscribers, it looks like doms and subs are pretty evenly split and not majority sub players....
You do understand this is a Dom issue not sub so much?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You do understand this is a Dom issue not sub so much?
You do understand what you said has nothing to do with what I said at all? This from someone who hasn't even posted here for 7 months before a few weeks ago. I'm well aware of what is on what route thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those that have played Episode 8, not to spoil it for those that haven't, this flag applies to one scene with Dom Kane, Juliette, and Mercy. I think those that have played can understand which scene I mean.
What does it mean if I seriously do consider taking it out? What it practically would mean is that I would abandon the demon flag and make deeper paths on the good dom, secret sub, and flesh out more of the normal dominant Kane path where he can be assertive and form relationships/harem females over time. A bit more "normal" versus extreme evil possibilities. This is not a change I love from my own personal writing standpoint, as I like writing about the extremes, but I am also getting weary (weary is the perfect word) from constant bad actors pushing on stuff related to this specific path.
TessSadist,

Bullshit.

I'm not a fan of the hardcore Evil fork (I didn't enjoy coding for it but I didn't enjoy coding for the Sub forks either), but a dev should NOT alter their writing due to this outside pressure from "bad actors".

It's simply not acceptable to roll over and surrender your vision to accommodate someone else's regarding art of any form.

Stay true to your original concept and storyboard. This is YOUR product, not anyone else's. You'll never please 100% of folks no matter what you do... and that's okay. The point is not to go about that to please folks but to produce the story you originally envisioned.

So, yes, I call bullshit. Stay true to your path. Anyone that doesn't like your production has the choice to simply stop exploring the medium and move on to some other product.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Bullshit.

I'm not a fan of the hardcore Evil fork (I didn't enjoy coding for it but I didn't enjoy coding for the Sub forks either), but a dev should NOT alter their writing due to this outside pressure from "bad actors".

It's simply not acceptable to roll over and surrender your vision to accommodate someone else's regarding art of any form.

Stay true to your original concept and storyboard. This is YOUR product, not anyone else's. You'll never please 100% of folks no matter what you do... and that's okay. The point is not to go about that to please folks but to produce the story you originally envisioned.

So, yes, I call bullshit. Stay true to your path. Anyone that doesn't like your production has the choice to simply stop exploring the medium and move on to some other product.
Exactly this. Block them...delete them...disable them...cancel their account...move on with your life and story.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
TessSadist,

Bullshit.

Exactly this. Block them...delete them...disable them...cancel their account...move on with your life and story.
I agree with you guys 100%. I also understand it is, perhaps, easier for us to say than for TessSadist to do. I think it's important to convey the fact that a vast majority of us are on board either way.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes