Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Possible. Also expanded on my last post btw with pics.
Wait, wait, wait.... could it be: That Ep7's Otto handoff to Nadia is a "flashback" to before she planted it on Kane in Ep6? If that's the case you are implying then I can go along with that theory, for sure.

Fuck my life... how the hell did I get into conspiracy theory discussions over a fucking data bracelet? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Don't I have something else I should be doing? Oh yeah, my year end accounting (yuck)... okay, back to the bracelet. :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Wait, wait, wait.... could it be: That Ep7's Otto handoff to Nadia is a "flashback" to before she planted it on Kane in Ep6? If that's the case you are implying then I can go along with that theory, for sure.

Fuck my life... how the hell did I get into conspiracy theory discussions over a fucking data bracelet? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Don't I have something else I should be doing? Oh yeah, my year end accounting (yuck)... okay, back to the bracelet. :ROFLMAO:
Jeesh...even I not thought of that shit lmao...

Damn...well..other than the fact White Tips plants it on kane on Game Day 03 (GD03)/Facility Day 1 and from what we see, the DeKocks don't arrive until GD06...

Nahhh can't be a flashback...as the rest of the connversation regarding what she's done just wouldn't fit would it....and yeah...accounting or KG mad theories....I know which I'd pick hahaha.

Grab a coffee man!

drink coffee.gif

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If Nadia is Kane sister wouldn't that mean they both have the same blood so her blood could open it too that is if it is the same bracelet .
Maybe, but if so that's some shitty blood tech... maybe developed by Zuckerbug instead of Musk :ROFLMAO:

So, what do you think about the "flashback" theory? YuNobi1, you too bud, chime in here.

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Maybe, but if so that's some shitty blood tech... maybe developed by Zuckerbug instead of Musk
Possible rather than being 'actual blood'...it's DNA coded and if hers is close enough for her to crack the rest. Refer back to Kwame again...he never mentions blood...just a secure access point matched to a signature. Nadia has the access point (or create one) and if her 'signature' is close enough being related...

*shrugs*

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
If Nadia is Kane sister wouldn't that mean they both have the same blood so her blood could open it too that is if it is the same bracelet .
No. Nadia's statement that "The only way to unlock the data inside it is with your own blood." Means either A) it opens based on blood type, which is stastically not very secure, or B) it opens based on genetic signature via a blood sample. "Blood relatives" is just a pre-Mendel figure of speech that has persisted in our vocabulary, as siblings and parent-child can have differing blood types. Modern day tests that determine genetic relationship look at the DNA samples of both individuals, and a certain percentage of matching genomes means different degrees of said relationship (i.e. parents, grandparents, cousins, strangers, etc.). However, with the exception of identical twins, siblings genes do not match 100%, in fact, true siblings are tied with mother-child pairings of only matching 50% of genes on average (father-child averages 47.5% match). So, Nadia and Callista have equal chances of opening the bracelet, but if it's specifically keyed to Kane's genetic code, then only he can open it.

The ONLY scenario where Nadia can open it is if Callista carries a specific gene/defect that she is 100% certain was passed on to all her children, and the bracelet looks for this single gene/defect. But again, that means that her, all her children, and anyone else in the world that just happens to be a carrier (i.e. sickle cell), can open it. Again, not very secure.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
No. Nadia's statement that "The only way to unlock the data inside it is with your own blood." Means either A) it opens based on blood type, which is stastically not very secure, or B) it opens based on genetic signature via a blood sample. "Blood relatives" is just a pre-Mendel figure of speech that has persisted in our vocabulary, as siblings and parent-child can have differing blood types. Modern day tests that determine genetic relationship look at the DNA samples of both individuals, and a certain percentage of matching genomes means different degrees of said relationship (i.e. parents, grandparents, cousins, strangers, etc.). However, with the exception of identical twins, siblings genes do not match 100%, in fact, true siblings are tied with mother-child pairings of only matching 50% of genes on average (father-child averages 47.5% match). So, Nadia and Callista have equal chances of opening the bracelet, but if it's specifically keyed to Kane's genetic code, then only he can open it.

The ONLY scenario where Nadia can open it is if Callista carries a specific gene/defect that she is 100% certain was passed on to all her children, and the bracelet looks for this single gene/defect. But again, that means that her, all her children, and anyone else in the world that just happens to be a carrier (i.e. sickle cell), can open it. Again, not very secure.
Best hacker in the world remember.

While everything you said is true and won't dispute any of it, as I mentioned earlier, if her DNA match is close enough that she can 'hack' the rest....it's a possible way for her to get into it...

But I am just throwing out scenarios there...and her DNA match would probably have to be a very close match for that theory to work...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Refer back to Kwame again...he never mentions blood...just a secure access point matched to a signature.
Kwamie doesn't, but Nadia does:

Hacker: "The only way to unlock the data inside it is with your own blood...not even the creator of the bracelet can unlock it."

*shrugs too*

TessSadist get your ass in here and fill us in, damnit!! :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Kwamie doesn't, but Nadia does:

Hacker: "The only way to unlock the data inside it is with your own blood...not even the creator of the bracelet can unlock it."
Yeah...would Nadia be non-scientific enough to use the world blood as opposed to signature? (which could be blood, saliva, hair), anything you can get DNA from?

Was also thinking back to your flashback theory and was thinking it actually could be again, but the line..."since we got here" kinda throws it out...unless 'here' is not where we are assuming it to be (Joy Facility)...

Edit: Yeah Yu mentions that Otto says our rank...so it's definitely in the facility...4 days after Kane got the bracelet.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021

Nadia says that she had just did in a few hours what DS couldn't do in over 20 years, and Otto comments previously that it was "a great thing... Everyone is very excited and you deserve all the credit" and that she's "done a lot to help the family." Considering we know how good of a hacker she is, this is clearly her locating her uncle/father Cole the night before, "a few hours" after arriving at JF. Otto will also say that [Dom]Kane is "at least K7", and since Kane is K6 the last time he saw the bracelet, I'm sorry, but it can't be a flashback, but I see where your mind was going there, because it made sense to me once upon a time.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Yeah...would Nadia be non-scientific enough to use the world blood as opposed to signature? (which could be blood, saliva, hair), anything you can get DNA from?

Was also thinking back to your flashback theory and was thinking it actually could be again, but the line..."since we got here" kinda throws it out...unless 'here' is not where we are assuming it to be (Joy Facility)...
I mean she kind of already did:
Nadia: Your precious resource is...your own genetics. Being the blood child of Callista Jacobs is why you are really here, Kane.
Kane: (Are they going to draw my blood for experiments? Some weird biological research?...)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Otto will also say that [Dom]Kane is "at least K7", and since Kane is K6 the last time he saw the bracelet...
Damn, valid point. Welp, Tess is going to have one helluva time explaining all this... even if there are a hundred bracelets in the wild... there has to be significance in Otto handing one off to Nadia in the scene, it being a one-off scene is a curve ball that otherwise doesn't justify the GPU resources to render the scene's bracelet images tbh.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Im not shitting on the writing cuz it's been established that Kane is like this, but in this particular instance, Elena was crystal clear.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She eliminated one person from being his father and they were looking at each other so it's not like he didn't hear her. No real riddle to solve here. Short of saying Alexander is not your father, this was as much of a confirmation as he could've gotten. No prior knowledge required.
I posted about it to Tess in her discord (in the feedback channel), so she should be aware of it. If there's any reaction from her, I'll post it here.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Damn, valid point. Welp, Tess is going to have one helluva time explaining all this... even if there are a hundred bracelets in the wild... there has to be significance in Otto handing one off to Nadia in the scene, it being a one-off is a curve ball that otherwise doesn't justify the GPU resources to render the scene images tbh.
IIRC, this scene also plays out on the sub path too...

Code:
if subk7 or k7 or k8 or k9:
        scene e7nroom18 with mediumdissolve
        otto "He's moved up to at least K7 now...he seems to be doing well."
        nad "Yes, he's showing the Karlssons what kind of man he could be! But what now?"
        jump blockchain
    elif True:
        scene e7nroom19 with mediumdissolve
        otto "[pname] has not reached K7 in the program, and I'm not sure he's going to anytime soon."
        nad "Oh, so what now?"
        jump blockchain

But he never got given the bracelet on the sub path....

I posted about it to Tess in her discord (in the feedback channel), so she should be aware of it. If there's any reaction from her, I'll post it here.
I'll die lauging if she says something along the lines of what I did :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But he never got given the bracelet on the sub path....
Another valid point which (at this point of all the accumulated evidence) makes our entire discussion regarding bracelets null and void. There's too many dialogue bugs in the VN to rely on details for theory...imo.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Another valid point which (at this point of all the accumulated evidence) makes our entire discussion regarding bracelets null and void. There's too many dialogue bugs in the VN to rely on details for theory...imo.
That...or the same principle of Nadia getting still applies. After all, Kane didn't unlock did he? In fact...he had it for half a day before 'losing' it....

So would it matter in actuality if he never received it at all? Is there actually more behind/to this bracelet? Maybe (like many things), we just see him getting it on the Dom path so we know it exists/where it came from....much like we see other things on only one path. (which is where playing them both really helps with filling in some banks).

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
While we're on the subject of Nadia, how does the conversation in Ep. 8 go if you didn't save Nurse Reyes? In the "Save" path, Veronica is clearly pissed, I just don't know if it's because of the near-fatal accident (and jeopardizing Kane, and thereby half of the Gambit's objectives) or because Miss Control Freak couldn't keep a lone hacker (without a botnet apparently) out of her systems for years now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While we're on the subject of Nadia, how does the conversation in Ep. 8 go if you didn't save Nurse Reyes? In the "Save" path, Veronica is clearly pissed, I just don't know if it's because of the near-fatal accident (and jeopardizing Kane, and thereby half of the Gambit's objectives) or because Miss Control Freak couldn't keep a lone hacker (without a botnet apparently) out of her systems for years now.
I vote on the latter... she showed favorably at the time Kane saved Reyes if memory serves.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So if the world is at an end (and given what we know of the next story from Tess, that's likely...), then Cole has been working/researching for nothing. That also means, so have Veronica and Dominique...so that in itself leads to some questions.

1. Is Coles research just rubbish and it really is an exile.
2. Did they once believe they could fix things but now Veronica believes it's untennable?
3. If either of the first two, surely, from what we know of Cole, he'd know this already...he's supposed to be the best. Surely at some point over the last 20 odd years, he'd realise it was all futile...no?
I've also had another crazy (or maybe not so) thought. Following on from the above:

Why would the world's best botanist continue doing something he knew was untennable...

Tess has now set a precedent with the KiyomiDoor flag being 4 episodes earlier affecting something in 08. So:

Suppose the world can be saved...

Code:
ky "Otto. I'm sorry, but I can't just stand by and let this happen. We need to work on a solution that keeps him here."
        ky "His work is best done right on this spot...and this is more important than anything else."
        scene e8js29 with mediumdissolve
        otto "You realize if I don't try to return with Cole...peace might be gone right away as it is..."
        ky "Maybe. But a little extra undisturbed work for him...even a single day...a few days...a week...might make all the difference."
        ky "Even an extra small window of time here could result in a breakthrough..."
        scene e8js30 with mediumdissolve

Suppose that extra week (or longer if ignore my previous comments about Cole probably being rescued a week later anyway)....is actually the key to saving the planet and Veronica has made another (very rare) miscalculation. That scene is flagged with ColeHome if you have KiyomiDoor flag set. If in the story...Cole was always going to be rescued imminently...why the need for a flag in that scene specifically? Yes, the flag could relate to something else I guess in Part 2 perhaps...but maybe it might be used much...much later...an end world state where we fix everything for a brighter future?

Remember: Choice at temple with Olivia.

"Self Sacrifice" Flag=Utu: Šamaš (Sumerian Utu) is the god of the sun. He brings light and warmth to the land...or...
"I can't answer" Flag = Enki: Sumerian god of water, knowledge (gestú), crafts (gašam), and creation (nudimmud), and one of the Anunnaki

Thoughts?

No idea myself, when given chance I always do save her....lemme check script.

Here:

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
I've also had another crazy (or maybe not so) thought. Following on from the above:

Why would the world's best botanist continue doing something he knew was untennable...

Tess has now set a precedent with the KiyomiDoor flag being 4 episodes earlier affecting something in 08. So:

Suppose the world can be saved...

Code:
ky "Otto. I'm sorry, but I can't just stand by and let this happen. We need to work on a solution that keeps him here."
        ky "His work is best done right on this spot...and this is more important than anything else."
        scene e8js29 with mediumdissolve
        otto "You realize if I don't try to return with Cole...peace might be gone right away as it is..."
        ky "Maybe. But a little extra undisturbed work for him...even a single day...a few days...a week...might make all the difference."
        ky "Even an extra small window of time here could result in a breakthrough..."
        scene e8js30 with mediumdissolve

Suppose that extra week (or longer if ignore my previous comments about Cole probably being rescued a week later anyway)....is actually the key to saving the planet and Veronica has made another (very rare) miscalculation. That scene is flagged with ColeHome if you have KiyomiDoor flag set. If in the story...Cole was always going to be rescued imminently...why the need for a flag in that scene specifically? Yes, the flag could relate to something else I guess in Part 2 perhaps...but maybe it might be used much...much later...an end world state where we fix everything for a brighter future?

Remember: Choice at temple with Olivia.

"Self Sacrifice" Flag=Utu: Šamaš (Sumerian Utu) is the god of the sun. He brings light and warmth to the land...or...
"I can't answer" Flag = Enki: Sumerian god of water, knowledge (gestú), crafts (gašam), and creation (nudimmud), and one of the Anunnaki

Thoughts?

No idea myself, when given chance I always do save her....lemme check script.

Here:

Veronica's such a manipulative lying bitch. "If you had turned down the game show, you would be farther along with me on that issue."
No he wouldn't, Bitch. All you do in that scene is ensure it's the first time Kane hears the words "Karlsson Gambit" and that nobody has leaked what it is to him. You still give no information, or advice, leaving Kane in objectively a worse position because now he's aware of another reason to distrust you (especially since you just revealed you're the reason he can't get any answers).

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes