Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks for the detailed feedback! The issue of animation is one I have pondered numerous times. I actually brought it up to my own Patrons with kind of a layout of what it would entail for estimated time and impact, etc. For my Patrons anyway, they for the most part soundly rejected me going that route. While I don't consider anyone else's opinion dispositive on its own, I certainly am taking that into account. Three of my biggest Patrons (they collectively on their own are over $500 a month so our relationship is very active and constant just naturally) gave me very detailed arguments on the issue. I actually picked KG as my first game versus two other story ideas I equally liked at the beginning because I believed the other two ideas required good animation, and KG did not quite as much. At that moment of decision, I had never ever coded, had practiced about 10-15 renders, and basically was completely green and honestly a moron about game development. (still am a moron, but a little more experienced now haha!) A Renpy game (Being a DIK) was actually the first time in my life I had ever read code at all. So I was VERY intimidated by the thought of animation (I barely felt comfortable doing a render at that point) so I went with KG.

And maybe because I'm female, or a certain age or background...I don't know, but I am not sure everyone would like my desired animations as much anyway. I always give this example because it's a scene from another game idea I have already laid out. This is from the first story I wanted to do, but didn't for KG instead. The animation would take place with a young lady with her love in the rain at night. It's a moment of tension and sadness due to a story narrative, but she's crying and looks up at her man as the tears and rain mix on her face. The animation would be them looking at each other deeply, they come in for a kiss, and lightning flashes behind them as their lips first touch.

I'd probably lean more into key story moments of intense emotion/drama for animation even more than sex scenes, which probably does limit my appeal and I know that...but being totally honest, I didn't do this game (nor will I any other) just for income. I am very fortunate I do very well outside of the game, but I did look at other games to gauge commercial viability as good due diligence. In my best case scenarios, I thought KG's max income potential (based mostly on case studies of similar games to KG) was maybe 2500 a month. Maybe 3k at the very end if I did quality updates. I could only find one game kind of similar to mine that even was over 4k on all the research I did. I do have a $2500 goal (I think I'm at 2400 right now so kind of close) for some UI help, and animation is likely next goal.

The greatest threat to my game is not lack of support, but rather the time sink taking me away from better income (I feel like I have a fiduciary duty to my business partner never to sacrifice too much in that arena) so I am definitely pondering adding help as needed.

Having said all that, I would actually considering bringing in an animator down the road for certain scenes just to solely do that (probably going to have it as next goal on Patron page) as it wouldn't necessarily impact my own development time too much going that route. My concern is completely time based right now in everything. (if anyone knows good animators, err let me know haha!) I also do believe the game could be absolutely better with good animation, so I am always interested in good quality...but my biggest issue is always going to be time.
I envy you because I really struggle with the creative side of things. I do pretty well on the technical aspect and coding. I have done creative writing a few times in various games but it was extremely draining mentally.

The game is well written and it is unique and creative. Thank you for your thoughts and keep up the great work! I hope you can find a good balance between your business and game development!

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Android port of
Karlsson's Gambit [v0.4 Beta B]
Download:
MEGA
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.
You are truly an amazing asset to the community...thank you so much with huge hearts to you!

PhantomOpera

Apr 17, 2020
Hello Tess, I just finished playing the update and I just want to say a few things.

1) Firstly, I want to say your game is amazing even though I am not a fan of heavy femdom I even enjoyed that content with this game since you gave the players too many choices.
2) I think story is very successful and also different from most of the games here.
3) For version 0.4 there is too much content already (paths, girls, ranks).

I also want to criticize some things about to content but I don't want to spoil anything for new players so I will write them under the spoiler button.

Thanks for your good work Tess, I am waiting impatiently for your future updates.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hello Tess, I just finished playing the update and I just want to say a few things.

1) Firstly, I want to say your game is amazing even though I am not a fan of heavy femdom I even enjoyed that content with this game since you gave the players too many choices.
2) I think story is very successful and also different from most of the games here.
3) For version 0.4 there is too much content already (paths, girls, ranks).

I also want to criticize some things about to content but I don't want to spoil anything for new players so I will write them under the spoiler button.

Thanks for your good work Tess, I am waiting impatiently for your future updates.
Thanks for the detailed feedback! I will respond to each briefly but not try and give spoilers either.

For #1, I am very aware of this issue and in Update 0.8, all of the choices/paths will winnow down to set paths for Act III that mostly eliminate a lot of this complexity to very distinct paths that you are more stuck on as the final act, etc. So 0.7 and 0.8 will be quite complex with branching, but after 0.8, a lot of that will be simplified to basically four core paths with some variation. These four paths will actually still be in one major tree trunk plot so to speak, but they will split off at times to four directions while ultimately coming back to the main tree trunk. So while my last updates will have some difficulty with four paths, they will still only be basically four of them. An artist assisting me said it reminded her a lot of a game she played with four factions and at first you interact with all of them, but that eventually you "lock" on a final path with one of them and it becomes a tighter narrative with less choice and more payoff, etc. The variations within those paths would more be about relationships (romance/friends/enemies) and but still with some key choices (but much less branching than before) for endings.

For # 2

For #3, yeah. Agreed, I think I can only do it if I bring on a great animator to not kill my development time somehow...time is my biggest enemy with how my life is structured.

Thank you for the comments! :)

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
You are truly an amazing asset to the community...thank you so much with huge hearts to you!
No problem ;) . I like the game myself too so much. Though sucks to be left on such a cliffhanger-ish scene since just got the K7 headstart due to dominique and it ends. Can't wait for next update!

CravenGrave

Apr 10, 2020
How excited you can be will likely depend on what kind of job you'll be having. I really wonder how warm or cold the sister will be to people she knows.

<sunrise>

Sep 10, 2019
I will add a little criticism to the stream of compliments) Not paying attention on the genre and the respected developer, for impartiality.

First of all, the plot, variability - no complaints, everything is very cool, the role-playing is great! But, the quality of renders by modern standards is quite average, even only in this genre there are examples of the quality of renders... Not the plot, there are no equals yet on this component. But based on the amount of work, you can make a discount on this. From here on, a small set of things (red heels with spikes repeated often on different characters, high boots that are three sizes larger (Olivia's red suit) and differ only in color with others persons, the same hairstyles - Kitty and a new teenager with glasses, looks like one person) with all the money of the corporation, people either lend to each other things, or do they buy in wholesale?) Some models, (in my opinion), looks hypertrophied childish and puppet (Alessandra, Delilah) The heroes in some scenes show the miracle of acrobatics, aequilibristic and circus acts, new facets of the possibilities of the human body and the laws of physics (Juliette, Sam and MC) And it's a matter of taste, no one character with pubic hair - young, mature, men, women... At least one(

This is all nit-picking and trifles, but a lot is also done from trifles. Otherwise, everything is fine, passions are heating up, interest is growing. I like this game, thanks for update!)

Reactions: Ranma and User1230

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
And maybe because I'm female, or a certain age or background...I don't know, but I am not sure everyone would like my desired animations as much anyway. I always give this example because it's a scene from another game idea I have already laid out. This is from the first story I wanted to do, but didn't for KG instead. The animation would take place with a young lady with her love in the rain at night. It's a moment of tension and sadness due to a story narrative, but she's crying and looks up at her man as the tears and rain mix on her face. The animation would be them looking at each other deeply, they come in for a kiss, and lightning flashes behind them as their lips first touch.
I'm male but that snippet for the animation sounds better than just having animated sex. While I have played/watched stuff just for the sexy bits while ignoring the story (sometimes stuff that doesn't have story or is in a language I don't know) I mostly play stuff for the story and the animation can actually get in the way, specially if it can't be skipped. Worst of all is when instead of an animation it is 2+ frames in loop but it isn't even automatic and it repeats several loops in a row. When that happens I tend to spam the space bar and can blast through parts of the text because of it.

What you described here actually enhances the story by a wide margin. Even in text it tells a story by itself, but if it can be animated instead it is all the better for it. I'm not completely against animation on sex scenes though, they can be quite good. Just that if I was given an option between animations for something like what you described or animations for the sexy bits I would choose the former almost every single time.

On another point I'm enjoying the story quite a bit. So far I have only played dom + good on both. Haven't actually tried to go the evil route and doubt I ever will, but I do think I will try going the sub routes at some point in the future.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Really enjoying the game, especially since I can navigate through to get male dom. Especially enjoying finding the "turnable" characters. One question:

Reactions: TessSadist

heroherooflight

Sep 9, 2017
hi icant seem to open the application file. It says window cannot access the file. I may not have the permission to open the file. Any ideas on how to fix?

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I like to play like MC = Olivia (dom)! I like Olivia! It would be great if Olivia became the head of the company and managed it!

I like Chanel and nurse Reyes!

Last edited:

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
There is no in family love, sorry. If you want that kind of family ''love'', go find a different game.
I don't care one way or the other if she's family or not, I just like the Olivia model the most is all. It's not like I'm going to stop playing the game because of it, like I said above, it's a very enjoyable game.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
hi icant seem to open the application file. It says window cannot access the file. I may not have the permission to open the file. Any ideas on how to fix?
Hmm not sure, which version did you use and maybe try downloading it again or try a different download host?

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019

rguimara

Apr 17, 2020
That image on the first page of the main character kneeling and kissing the ass of a woman in a bikini part of 0.4? Because I tried different paths and I couldn't find it.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes