DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
sorry guys work been a nightmare

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone enjoyed the latest update or will for those just getting it now! I have so many bullet points I want to cover, and I think I am going to split it into this and next week because it's so long, but I will mention as much as I can right now!
1. Overall Patreon Post - This week, I will update the pinned post for the overall page and include the latest 0.8.1 links but keep up the Episode 1-7 links because they are also necessary to enjoy the game properly!
2. My main goal this week will be to write a good walkthrough for the latest release and then make a post with the link and also update it to the overall pinned post for the page. A walkthrough is not really difficult but it is very time consuming as I usually have to read the entire script slowly line by line, and lay out as much as I can in a clear manner with split paths and even color coding it in a decent way. I am not as good at this style of writing versus freeflow/creative but I always give it my all and will try and even get a little help. Given how I do a lot of small alternate dialogue for certain prior choies, I may not literally include every iteration in that sense. However, I will try and include all relevant choices from the past and how they impacted this update, the current choices and what happens, and even choices in the update and how they may be relevant beyond this episode. So that will be a primary task for me this week and I wanted to do it at home instead of while traveling because I can use nice big screens to look at the script while having another screen to write the walkthrough, etc.
3. The poll results were not that shocking to me, other than the the pure strength of Veronica with glasses! I will be creating a dom poll this week sometime, but please feel free to leave suggestions how to include people this time. I was thinking of just doing the same exact people, but I am open to suggestions! Maybe including more people?
4. I will be shopping for a new computer this month with the primary purpose of purchasing it in April right after I know my exact tax payment, haha! My assistant Anais is also going through this same process (will mention more about her and the game she is doing next time perhaps) so we are going to kind of shop together. After I get a RTX 4090 based computer, I will likely take a week to move everything over, but I will still keep rendering some on my current computer while doing that at the same time. This should be really helpful for a bit of better speed and ease of use. I'm looking forward to it, and wanted to wait until an update was out as I was worried about doing anything funny close to a release! If anyone smart about computers knows good deals, always open to hearing that too!
5. Recruitment -- I will be posting in the next week to ten days a formal post for recruitment to help out a bit, likely on here and on Discord. It is kind of jointly with Anais but I will be specific as to what I am seeking versus what she might need, etc. More on that later, but the basic needs for me right now in order of priority are 1) a little animation help if you are experienced in this work 2) abiliity to create UI looks and link them to the basic code of the game which I think is Renpy/Python (not a tech person unfortunately). I have tried MANY times to hire basic rendering/art help and it has been very difficult to find matches. But never closed to that idea. Anais will have much more specific requirements/needs (she is more tech than I) but I tend to go with vibe/feel a lot more with ideas and how I work.
6. I have very carefully considered ALL the feedback I got regarding the very evil dom path (demon flag) of the game. As I have said before, this prior episode was the most difficult for me - not the game stuff itself - but in terms of dealing with certain issues with people. Almost all of these problems originated from a small core of people that were by and large fans of this specific path. While I have certainly had my share of "normal" problems from the sub and other dom paths which is more similar to just dealing with thirsty men comparable to real day to day life, this stuff above is on a different level. Any attorney or psychiatrist familiar with certain legal definitions of certain specific behavioral terms/standards would most likely agree with my assessment that I was sometimes dealing with emotionally damaged human beings. So while I feel bad in a way of course, I also don't deserve to bear that either. I'm just a random game dev doing something I enjoy and hoping others have fun too. I never have or will deny that everything I do in life is for family/friends/me first (I wouldn't make this game if I didn't get personal enjoyment from it as it's easier to make money in other ways) but of course I want people to enjoy it too! Remember everyone, this is just a game.
So with that in mind, I am still going write/render the game the exact same as before and do the demon flag content, but I am going not going to include that entire path in the Test Version of Part II. I am going to see what happens (I don't want to tip off what I am looking at but it's more than one thing) and if certain things do/don't happen a certain way, I will then include that path in the Beta Version/Final of Part II. If it goes a certain other way, I will abandon that path for good with a sigh of resignation but acceptance. So we'll see how it goes.
Keep in mind I am NOT talking about the normal dominant Kane say trying to build a harem/fuck around or get with a specific female and trying to gain power, etc. I am talking about the more extreme dom content. (I haven't really done this too much yet but I had more planned that was a bit stronger than ever, etc.)
7. Oh yes, Part II update. I haven't got too far into things yet as I am wrapping up Part I and have the walkthrough this week. But, I did write now four scenes, and some basic rendering has started. I haven't checked the word count, but I know I have reached about Line 500 of the code for the script, and Part I ended up about 13,000 lines. I also have about 30 renders already done, three of which are included above although I am tweaking one of those with something I don't quite like entirely.
Ok, I feel like I have written a bunch, but I actually had more bullet points but will move them for next week. Most of what is not here is a bit more detail about Part II, but let's wrap up all admin/Part I stuff first. I have formally on my own sense "started" the clock on Part I starting March 1, 2024 so I tend to think in the macro sense that I want Part II doing by X date based on this start date.
Ok, I am going to get to the walkthrough a bit today and also look for the dom poll this week! Any suggestions, concerns, or anything else always feel free to contact me here or on Discord, thank you so much!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
sorry guys work been a nightmare

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone enjoyed the latest update or will for those just getting it now! I have so many bullet points I want to cover, and I think I am going to split it into this and next week because it's so long, but I will mention as much as I can right now!
1. Overall Patreon Post - This week, I will update the pinned post for the overall page and include the latest 0.8.1 links but keep up the Episode 1-7 links because they are also necessary to enjoy the game properly!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Out of reactions, thanks Dover!

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
1. Looks like something went wrong at the research station (did Cole give his rescuers the slip, knocking out the 2 greatest assassins in the world? ... of course that apparently isn't the real Otto). I'm guessing that's Stefan in the middle, he was Otto's ride out, and his hair texture matches, but not his hair color. The costume is also significantly different from Cole's when he picks up his supply crate in Ep. 6, nor is the site built for more than one person, so I doubt it's Cole having recovered them from the snow.

3. I'm putting this in logical order. New character? I don't recognize the woman on screen. Since we haven't seen Amara on Good Dominique path, is this exclusive to Evil Dominique's path? I mean I doubt Amara's just hanging out somewhere (no pun intended) on the Good Dominique path with her kids while they await Kwame's fate in the program, it's supposed to be a long process.

2. This looks to be where the "new girl" is calling from.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Have now added the Timeline & Character Sheets as individual zips for those who just want those and are not interested in the save sheet. If Save sheet changes exponentially next update will add that as a seperate zip also.

Character Sheet also updated with error fixes and more characters.

Can be found on OP or here!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Have now added the Timeline & Character Sheets as individual zips for those who just want those and are not interested in the save sheet. If Save sheet changes exponentially next update will add that as a seperate zip also.

Character Sheet also updated with error fixes and more characters.

Can be found on OP or here!
Tess'll be using 'em before long bud. Look at you go. I'd take a look at the sheets but deathly afraid it'll change the bias on how I write the mod's ChoiceGuide, but can see from the screenshots you put a lot of work into it (that's me putting two "buts" in one sentence, that can't be right). Guess this is a bad time to say I'm a monster PowerQuery and PivotTable dude, so not DL & opening the actual spreadsheets leaves me bummed. I'll grab another drink and wash that bummer away.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
3. I'm putting this in logical order. New character? I don't recognize the woman on screen. Since we haven't seen Amara on Good Dominique path, is this exclusive to Evil Dominique's path? I mean I doubt Amara's just hanging out (no pun intended) somewhere with her kids while they await Kwame's fate in the program, it's supposed to be a long process.

2. This looks to be where the "new girl" is calling from.
Definitely Amara...definitely Evil Dominique path...

and yes that new girl is Charlotte Marbot, head of the largest New Paris family, part of the Big Seven (Families) in New Paris which also comprise the von Reinach's and Richelieu's and not a terribly pleasent person. Friends with Phoebe, Alyssa and 'Tess'.

Tess'll be using 'em before long bud. Look at you go. I'd take a look at the sheets but deathly afraid it'll change the bias on how I write the mod's ChoiceGuide, but can see from the screenshots you put a lot of work into it. Guess this is a bad time to say I'm a monster PowerQuery and PivotTable dude, so not DL & opening the actual spreadsheets leaves me bummed. I'll grab another drink and wash that bummer away.
May not be ideal (for you), but should open fine in Google Docs. Was actually thinking about putting them there so they permanently online and can just update that way. Just a shame there is too much info (and the way structured) to do them in pdf format....

Reactions: Chace005

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
The sponsorship hasn't really been utilized outside of a sex scene in Ep. 7 with your first sponsor. Getting Dominique's sponsorship first will get you K7 by End of Day 4/Ep. 4, and that will give you a lead with each promotion point, but I believe you might be able to promote 2 ranks on Day 5 if you work it right. There is a story path that seems locked to [Good] Dominique's sponsorship, but I'm not aware of any such threads for other sponsors. Yes you can gain Veronica after Dominique, in fact she tells you to do so, else you will make her angry. It also looks like you can gain Alessandra's sponsorship, but for everyone that is only after the Gameshow (if you do what she likes in said show).
Well yeah I got to K9 with just Veronica's sponsorship, so levels are not an issue it seems. I was just wondering if it was any real use yet.

I've literally (an hour ago) given Tess all her mask images, cut out and cleaned up (she lost a lot in a SSD crash), especially so she can clean up the Chapter 8 title card. I've offered to redo/do all her chapter cards going forward which was met with enthusiasm.
Well that's something I guess (still needs a proper logo)... now let's hope you do a good job =P

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
May not be ideal (for you), but should open fine in Google Docs. Was actually thinking about putting them there so they permanently online and can just update that way.
I'm totally cool with Excel bud, that's my point... I'm curious since I was MS certified back in the day (I got certs in excel, word, and access). I just don't want to DL and peruse so my bias stays where I'm at for the mod. Again, I can tell how much hard work you put in it from the screenshots and anyone else should definitely take a look at your share of that hard work. Kudos to you bud, I mean that. The community should thank you for putting in the work unmonetized.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well yeah I got to K9 with just Veronica's sponsorship, so levels are not an issue it seems. I was just wondering if it was any real use yet.
Impossible (without cheating) to hit K9 without getting Dominique's sponsorship (and JunkoRomanceOpen) first as you lose Dominique fast-tracking you to K7 on GD04. Without hitting K7 from Dominique on the first Program Day (PD01)/Joy Facility Day 2)..... you ain't getting to K9 by Ep.7
now let's hope you do a good job =P
If she asks me, but 20 years Photoshop use...I don't think I'll have any problems ;)

I'm totally cool with Excel bud, that's my point... I'm curious since I was MS certified back in the day (I got certs in excel, word, and access). I just don't want to DL and peruse so my bias stays where I'm at for the mod. Again, I can tell how much hard work you put in it from the screenshots and anyone else should definitely take a look at your share of that hard work. Kudos to you bud, I mean that. The community should thank you for putting in the work.
Heh I hear you...understand, probably for the best, and thanks :love:

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Definitely Amara...definitely Evil Dominique path...

and yes that new girl is Charlotte Marbot, head of the largest New Paris family, part of the Big Seven (Families) in New Paris which also comprise the von Reinach's and Richelieu's and not a terribly pleasent person. Friends with Phoebe, Alyssa and 'Tess'.

May not be ideal (for you), but should open fine in Google Docs. Was actually thinking about putting them there so they permanently online and can just update that way. Just a shame there is too much info (and the way structured) to do them in pdf format....
Slightly edited my post to make it clearer. I wasn't asking if it was Amara, but if we will ever see Amara on Good Dominique.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well yeah I got to K9 with just Veronica's sponsorship
I'd have to speedrun it to confirm... but I don't think that's possible bud. Are you sure? If memory serves there's one way to get K9 right now... I'd have to confirm though, it's been a minute.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Slightly edited my post to make it clearer. I wasn't asking if it was Amara, but if we will ever see Amara on Good Dominique.
Ahhhh gotya.

I would say no, never...unless she has a serious change of heart. This is the beauty of playing all the paths I feel. I've always maintained, if you take kane out of the sub path...everything that happens in that path, still happens. We just don't see it. Likewise, if you turn Dominique evil...even if you don't pursue her...she still does what she does.

But even on her good path, Kwame is never getting out of the program....ever....being allowed to live with the promise of saving his family is actually worse than having them all killed. Amara is never getting free, Kwame is never getting an exec position...personal servant at best.

I think seeing Amara on the good Dominique path would be....surprising. Not to say it won't happen...if we can convince her in the future perhaps to be lenient (especially if we rid ourselves of a few board members)...but honestly IMO...that family is fucked unless we can intervene ourselves.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'd have to speedrun it to confirm... but I don't think that's possible bud. Are you sure? If memory serves there's one way to get K9 right now... I'd have to confirm though, it's been a minute.
Impossible (without cheating) to hit K9 without getting Dominique's sponsorship (and JunkoRomanceOpen) first as you lose Dominique fast-tracking you to K7 on GD04. Without hitting K7 from Dominique on the first Program Day (PD01)/Joy Facility Day 2..... you ain't getting to K9 by Ep.7

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Impossible (without cheating) to hit K9 without getting Dominique's sponsorship (and JunkoRomanceOpen) first as you lose Dominique fast-tracking you to K7 on GD04. Without hitting K7 from Dominique on the first Program Day (PD01)/Joy Facility Day 2)..... you ain't getting to K9 by Ep.7
No, I did... no cheats... I did follow a WT, tho... I started at K6, then got K7 after 1st eval, then got bumped 2 tiers at the 2nd eval to K9... I'm pretty sure you don't even need a sponsor to reach K9, actually... you just need perfect scores at the evals.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021

Well that's something I guess (still needs a proper logo)... now let's hope you do a good job =P
Impossible (without cheating) to hit K9 without getting Dominique's sponsorship (and JunkpoRomanceOpen) first as you lose Dominique fast-tracking you to K7 on GD04.

If she asks me, but 20 years Photoshop use...I don't think I'll have any problems ;)

Heh I hear you...understand, probably for the best, and thanks :love:
According to the walkthrough:
Day 5 Evaluation

Step 1
IF Zpoints < 4 OR Chanel > 2
THEN Chanel recommends K7 (regardless of current rank).

Step 2
IF Chanel recommends K7
AND SisTeam > 2
AND SisBro > 0
THEN Kane = K8

So as long as you start Ep. 6 with K8, and you do the manager training correctly, you should get K9 by Ep. 7 start regardless of your sponsor.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quickly eyeballed my notes (they're old, with many revisions as I worked but basically):

Ep6 is where K9 is set.
Sponsor doesn't matter.
Julliette/Domonique/Veronica Grade Points are tallied to be awarded DomThronePoints.
It takes 8 DomThronePoints to get K9 ("Dom" meaning dominate in this variable).

The only way DomThronePoints are awarded:
DomThronePoints(8) to KLevel. This is the only way to make k9 True:
DomThronePoints are the absolute key here, you must have 8 (or more technically which isn't possible) to get to K9.. it's the only way the variable is ever set to True in the entire VN to date.

Edited for more description and clarity, and corrections.

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
bruh...

(again, no Dominique sponosrship, no Junko romance, just Veronica sponsorship... oh and no cheats obviously).

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes