• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Yes, I and my fellow Devs we are swimming in money here.
Hey, it sounds like a sarcasm. I have been in this site from the very beginning, and have seen how many small creators rose up. I am not saying it's an easy journey, but if you maintain a consistent pattern, you are going to have a decent earning from the visual novel game development. However, One person can't earn a lot as the industry has a lot of fetishes to cover, but industry as whole there is a huge demand, and a lot of money to make. The other advantage is, it's somewhat passive. You don't have to work everyday, but money keeps on flowing when people like your game, and you make some update routinely.

Reactions: E_O_N

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Don’t worry. We have internal discussions/threats for devs. Seems like the average dev takes 9 months to reach 100usd and 85% never reach 500.
So it’s only unsanitary in a small amount.

There are easier ways to make money, that is why I’ve given my, a bit, sarcastic remark.

We love what we do and if we can make other people love it too, everything will turn out fine.
But if Money was our focus, we’d never reach that point.
(we probably would have to do an incest game with kids for money and that will never happen.)
It's same as adsense, and youtube. Nothing is easy, but there is a huge demand for blog content, and videos. Back then in 2016, you could have a quick success relatively, but now it's getting somewhat difficult due to high standards people have, the cost of graphics card, and the number of developers are high. However, getting difficult doesn't mean the demand is low, and the amount you can make is low. The key point is to maintain a routine, listen to your patrons, don't change the genres drastically, narrow down the niche, more like stick to a microniche, for instance if it's NTR, then you should stay on NTR instead of trying to appease non-NTR people too. It just doesn't work as non-NTR people don't like NTR in their games even if they can avoid them somehow. If it's another genre, then you have to work harder to satisfy both groups. not worth at the end.

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
It's same as adsense, and youtube. Nothing is easy, but there is a huge demand for blog content, and videos. Back then in 2016, you could have a quick success relatively, but now it's getting somewhat difficult due to high standards people have, the cost of graphics card, and the number of developers are high. However, getting difficult doesn't mean the demand is low, and the amount you can make is low. The key point is to maintain a routine, listen to your patrons, don't change the genres drastically, narrow down the niche, more like stick to a microniche, for instance if it's NTR, then you should stay on NTR instead of trying to appease non-NTR people too. It just doesn't work as non-NTR people don't like NTR in their games even if they can avoid them somehow. If it's another genre, then you have to work harder to satisfy both groups. not worth at the end.
Good advice, thanks for that. But I have been planning for years. Start of planning? About 2017/18. The website I have booked since mid 2019. First employee I have found in march 2020. They need training too, before we even can start publishing. It isn’t as easy as it might look. To me it’s more important to be fair to my employees and patreons, than an easy win.

I have and will continue to invest my love, time and money into this project, because I believe in it.

Last edited:

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok - started this.

1. Why no renaming for the MC? :/
2. grammar and spell check needed.

The concept in general is interesting.

I dont understand the ending ... is it done or will there be more content?
I hate it when games just end to the main menu ...

And I prefer to rate girls in games myself, I think it is better (even when it does not matter that much) to give the player the choice when he talks about a woman.

e.g. the secretary - the MC talks about how beautiful she is and he thinks she might be the most beautiful girl ... bla bla. imho she looks ugly as fuck. So maybe give the player a choice about stuff like that.

Then a question - in one "ending?" Sandra ask about the past and if we really went home - but there were no choice. Now when I load the save I get a 2nd option with a lot new content ... wtf?

I am confused.

All in all a nice start.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Sam’s alternative (‘good path’) is in, as well as the excellent ending.
But how to access them, I will leave to you.
I was wondering about this because the first time i played i got no choices when remembering the past, at the party only got the option of going home and talk later with sam instead of planing revenge. before that the only options are what do you ask of them during the session. both times i asked all the questions, just changing the order (first time started from the third one and the second just went in order).
That is the only thing i did different.
In the second play through i still used the redhead kid gave him the same answers but this time he got beaten up worse (the first time mark only got 3 years and the kid met the nurse in the airport, now he got 15 and he met her in the hospital) and now i can get also the secretary...
not sure if it's a bug or what. the only real difference was changing the order of the questions in the session.
Also kind of a dick move that trying not to get tom killed opens up such a shitty ending.
Hope we can get some closure with the sam business in one of the good endings. and it would be nice to see more of melissa

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
I was wondering about this because the first time i played i got no choices when remembering the past, at the party only got the option of going home and talk later with sam instead of planing revenge. before that the only options are what do you ask of them during the session. both times i asked all the questions, just changing the order (first time started from the third one and the second just went in order).
That is the only thing i did different.
In the second play through i still used the redhead kid gave him the same answers but this time he got beaten up worse (the first time mark only got 3 years and the kid met the nurse in the airport, now he got 15 and he met her in the hospital) and now i can get also the secretary...
not sure if it's a bug or what. the only real difference was changing the order of the questions in the session.
loaded a save from before given the option at the party to go home and plan revenge or go home and talk the next day and this time both options appeared... weird
By the way, havent been able to replaicate the ending i got the first time, were mark only gets 3 years, the letter tells him to work on himself instead of telling him she is now with you and to fuck himself, and were i got locked out of the secretary.

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Also kind of a dick move that trying not to get tom killed opens up such a shitty ending.
Hope we can get some closure with the sam business in one of the good endings. and it would be nice to see more of melissa
As I was told, this is the price of indecision.
Personally, I think it makes sense.

And surprisingly, despite the fact that Melissa has very little screen time, I liked her the most.

Reactions: ohhaiguize

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
I have only 1 choice here instead of 3 (0.3 alpha), why? How do I get "Get a drink, wait and follow when possible" and "Go home, calm down and eventually plan your Vengeance". What is "persistent.badend" and "persistent.goodend"?
a.jpg
EDIT: Fk me, I've never seen such a cancerous system in .rpy files. I wanted to check out the NTR scene and I've got everything (even ultragood harem ending) BESIDES NTR. I've managed to achieve "ending_bad" which should give me "#$ persistent.badend = True" by choosing "cosiderate of Tom":
b.jpg
I've played again and STILL don't have the 3rd choice:
c.jpg
Arrrghhh, go fk yourself, dev...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ohhaiguize

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
As I was told, this is the price of indecision.
Personally, I think it makes sense.
I get getting punished for not reading the text correctly and not properly coaching tom about how to enrage mark. But this isn't indesiosion, it could be either seeing that he is an unstable person so sending him might backfire or that the player genuinely wants to explore a method that doesn't imply abusing an unstable person. If you had chosen "go back home and plan revenge" and "destroy him" its an asshole move to punish a decision that can be a cointoss like that.

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Not gonna lie, the game is really intense and can shock you if you're not used to this kind of drama (basically the past memoies in my case) on them.

I have only 1 choice here instead of 3 (0.3 alpha), why? How do I get "Get a drink, wait and follow when possible" and "Go home, calm down and eventually plan your Vengeance". What is "persistent.badend" and "persistent.goodend"?
View attachment 1478197
Is the "Get a drink, wait and follow..." an option in this version of the game? if so then how

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
What system are you on? Because to me it really looks like the common renpy scripts are causing the issue. I assume you can play other games, right?

Yes, how much more do you want?
I am also using Windows 10 and I have played many other Renpy games but have never had this problem with saving them before.

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
We are currently troubleshooting. But it's hard to work on an issue we can't replicate.
It looks like a permission issue, as there is no "valid" place to save.
Can you try to:
1) Deactivate antivirus (Maybe it decided that "hello world" can't be this big)
2) Try the file in another participation, like from D to C or opposite.
3) Run as admin
4) Update Windows

It would be great if you could give us an update if any of those steps helped.

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes