ntentacle

May 19, 2017
Regarding the unofficial CCmod updates: I don't get it.

Missing scripts, missing images. Followed the original install instructions from the readme of the 9a version.

Unpacked game, decrypted assets, copied assets into game folder, overwrite using contents of mod.

Does not fucking work. Would possibly help if someone who is not completely autistic could be bothered to update the fucking readme. Could make a batch script or installer to do the whole goddamn thing automatically if someone semi-coherent could write a set of instructions that actually work.

zoomies

Jun 4, 2017

Missing scripts, missing images. Followed the original install instructions from the readme of the 9a version.

Unpacked game, decrypted assets, copied assets into game folder, overwrite using contents of mod.

Does not fucking work. Would possibly help if someone who is not completely autistic could be bothered to update the fucking readme. Could make a batch script or installer to do the whole goddamn thing automatically if someone semi-coherent could write a set of instructions that actually work.
if you are using the ccmod from the first page it does not work with the new version of the game. if you are using wyldspace version there is no dycrypting needed. just copy and paste the www file as the instructions tell you. it works fine, but i have not tried using the tan mod part.

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018

Or just open up the install_this! folder and try the install instructions there? The installation process is just copy-paste a folder. Yes, it's not in the fat (original) readme, but still.. not too far fetched, right?

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
When I saw there was no manual save feature, I had a bad feeling this was a poor development implementation. Lo and behold, it is.

I check the www folder to see my save there, yet the game is not able to pick this up. Only new game option is available, even though I'm on the second floor.

This can only be from bad development. So, is there a fix?

Can't really expect much so not surprised. Doubt there was commercial experience before developing this... Should have tested this earlier but I don't think coding in an autosave feature is that complicated?

EDIT: I see manual save is for easy difficulty. My advice is to allow manual saving across the board if auto save feature is not working/badly implemented. I don't like playing stuff on easy mode but I have no choice here due to poor development

Last edited:

eviltoys

Aug 28, 2016
When I saw there was no manual save feature, I had a bad feeling this was a poor development implementation. Lo and behold, it is.

I check the www folder to see my save there, yet the game is not able to pick this up. Only new game option is available, even though I'm on the second floor.

Can't really expect much so not surprised. Doubt there was commercial experience before developing this... Should have tested this earlier but I don't think coding in an autosave feature is that complicated?

EDIT: I see manual save is for easy difficulty. My advice is to allow manual saving across the board if auto save feature is not working/badly implemented.
You can look for the cheat program here to make your life easier, or use the unofficial CCmod. but its not poor development implementation. there is manual save feature on the easiest mode IRRC, and only auto save on the medium and hard settings.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018

EDIT: I see manual save is for easy difficulty. My advice is to allow manual saving across the board if auto save feature is not working/badly implemented. I don't like playing stuff on easy mode but I have no choice here due to poor development
The auto save feature works just fine imo.
Tons of games do not have a manual save. Some games won't even allow you to save in between story elements that you may want to replay later down the line.

Can't really say it's bad development, as the game is meant to be played through several times for the challenge modes, and with that, you get a lot of titles that help you out building Karryn the way you want on subsequent playthrough's.
If there are certain things you want, such as blowjob before kiss or something like that, just alt+f4 the moment something in a battle does not go your way. Or plan things out better using the item system.

Or just play on secretary mode.

Reactions: RedAISkye

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
Can't really say it's bad development
It is if it don't work! Daamn it's annoying, It was showing the autosave loading during my playthrough. Exited the game, came back later and no save

EDIT: Fine, it works for some people. But not working for me means it is not consistently working and still needs looking into.. Doubt I'm the only one, I just downloaded this yesterday

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018

You really gave the game a 1 star review because you didn't figure out that manual saves were available at different levels? Talk about butthurt.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Probably because the "global.rpgsave" file was deleted for whatever reason. That's the reason the game doesn't detect your saves.

You can easily fix that by moving your saves out to some other location then start new game and create saves on those same slots then overwrite it with your original saves.

My advice is to allow manual saving across the board if auto save feature is not working/badly implemented.
Maybe something is wrong on your end or it's a rare bug because auto-saving works fine for everyone else.
But if you're bothered by it so much, just play on Secretary mode with The K*n*mi Code enabled under Cheats.

Last edited:

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
Wow, someone can really condense a lot of dumb stuff into one post..

Yes, literally linked in the OP and the first tweak on the list.

The devs already have had commercial experience, what are you even talking about. You do know how typing a developer's name into a search engine works, right?

It is if it don't work! Daamn it's annoying, It was showing the autosave loading during my playthrough. Exited the game, came back later and no save

EDIT: Fine, it works for some people. But not working for me means it is not consistently working and still needs looking into.. Doubt I'm the only one, I just downloaded this yesterday
There is a working autosave feature in the game and in the last about 600 pages of this thread (with a lot of dumb stuff) I don't remember anyone NOT having autosaves.

Whether I figured it out or not is not the problem here. The autosave feature is not working for me, this is a bug or bad coding

If the manual save is working, that's cool.. But is off topic
Go fix your system. Check your file permissions. And I assume you messed with the files (copying just the save file instead of the whole folder). This is pretty much a you problem.
How can you be this narrow-minded? You are presented with a solution (spending two minutes to enable the manual save function everywhere) to your 'problem' (not being able to save and load). And now you are complaining about not having autosaves.
Maybe do something relaxing for some time. Maybe go out and enjoy the weather. Because to me it seems like you just want to complain.

Problem is that this does not show if you link directly to the dev branch. And I always do, because otherwise people without git experience may have trouble finding the right branch otherwise. This shortcoming is justified, the way he went about it is not imo.

Reactions: zoomies

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Problem is that this does not show if you link directly to the dev branch. And I always do, because otherwise people without git experience may have trouble finding the right branch otherwise. This shortcoming is justified, the way he went about it is not imo.
It's not due to a lack of "git experience" but reading comprehension.

It clearly states right on the first page to basically copy "install_this!" folder in "dev branch" into the game.
And if you look right above it, there's "4 Branches" which upon clicking gives you the only active branch called "dev" in which you'll find the said folder.

I'm not a git user either but I don't see how that's so difficult for people to explore.

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
It's not due to a lack of "git experience" but reading comprehension.

It clearly states right on the first page to basically copy "install_this!" folder in "dev branch" into the game.
And if you look right above it, there's "4 Branches" which upon clicking gives you the only active branch called "dev" in which you'll find the said folder.

I'm not a git user either but I don't see how that's so difficult for people to explore.
This has nothing to do with 'reading comprehension' if he did not read it. The only place which contains the information is on this: page. Once you enter a branch, you only get the readme, not the project description. So, if everyone links here: , because that's where the actual data is at, you don't get that information.
But this discussion is superfluous.

Solution: Update readme (by author), link people to either or .

Reactions: Kintaroe
4.60 star(s) 400 Votes