YanChen

Apr 12, 2018
Is there a way to increase 'control'?
It's really hard to play when they riot every three days.

Jan 10, 2018
Is it just me, or does the Receptionist job completely trivialize maintaining Order? From the day you unlock the job, it's a quick minigame to negate your Control loss for the day, even without investing in any +Control. After a couple of in-game weeks, you're gaining 20+ Order a day with minimal struggle.

I thought that keeping Order up was supposed to be one of the key mechanics of the game, though?... Does this mean they're going to nerf it a bit as the game continues development? Or are they going to add in a bunch of other sources of lost Order, meaning that you're going to have to be a Receptionist? Or maybe a bit of a middle ground, where you can do stuff that loses Order in return for some other bonus?

I get the feeling that this is going to be a bit hard to balance, going forward - especially if they want the Receptionist job to remain optional.

In other update news, the new Receptionist job also demonstrates the danger in making Dexterity a dump stat. See, there's this one goblin by the name of Clubtiong that ate me out this one time... I didn't think much of it at the time; I don't normally let goblins touch me, but it doesn't count as one of her "firsts", so it doesn't really matter to me so long as it doesn't happen enough to unlock the Goblin passives. But, see, the reason he was able to eat me out was because I missed him about a dozen or so times first - he must have some freaky high Agility.

And now he shows up every. Damned. Day. during my Receptionist gig. And he still has that freaky high agility; the other goblin, the one that I met at the bar who somehow became a regular despite never having touched me? I can kick him away, no problem. Clubtiong? I'm using the +10 Dex and +40 Accuracy accessories, and I still can't reliably kick the bastard! I can trick him into coming close enough without much effort, thanks to my Paperwork title, but that doesn't help if I can't lay a foot on him at the end! Every day is a gamble as to whether one of my tricks will work, or if he'll just end up ejaculating onto my skirt after enough failures...

Speaking of the bar, this update was the first time I tried the side job; it didn't feel very "Warden-y" to me, so I never got around to it before. But now that I have... It kind of seems super-tedious to me? The rest of the game is fine, but a thirty minute shift at the bar kind of feels a bit like a thirty minute shift in real life - there's just way too many minor decisions you have to make via a mildly cumbersome (though understandably so) menu. If you were deciding minute-by-minute what to do, it would probably be a lot smoother; 15-second increments is far too slow a pace, in my opinion.

Contrast this with the Receptionist job, where deciding to do paperwork is like a fast-forward button; it might still take up a good chunk of time, but it doesn't feel slow to me, because the game largely skips over the tedious parts while you just make decisions.

On a final note... I really need to get over my fear of Expenses in this game. Yes, it costs a bit of money every month to rebuild the cafeteria, and yes it's a nice bonus to face off against Hungery and Starving enemies, and sure, I don't need the Order bonus, but... It's kind of criminal to deliberately starve the prison just to save a 100 gold a day! It's not as though I don't have a bunch of fancy jewelry and training from being a waitress already! Plus, I kind of need to get around to drugging the Thugs one of these days, and I need a cook for that...

my footjob desire is 106,How could i lower this guys?
For starters, know that you can't give footjobs before meeting Nerds on the second floor; they're the first (and only, currently) enemies who will initiate footjobs, and you can't learn to give footjobs before someone else initiates a couple of times for you.

Once there, just end up on the ground first, and that should drop your Desire limit low enough that giving footjobs is possible - either tick off a Nerd enough to get him to knock you down, or end up on the ground in a more "standard" way. If you're not into the idea of throwing a match, consider orgasming from Sadism pleasure - you'll be on the ground for a couple of rounds that way while you're all blissed out. Also be sure to keep your other Desires low enough that any non-nerds won't initiate a sex position if a Nerd decides to give you a vibrator first.

Though, you'll probably still need over 50 Cock desire for your first time, which can be a problem in a shorter match. Consider learning Cock Stare and looking at a non-Nerd to raise desire for a match, or stalling for time on an earlier wave.

As for lowering the limit in more permanent ways... There's a few passives that will make it easier, but all the ones that come to mind require having given a footjob first. Or starting on Prisoner difficulty, and taking the Sadism secret desire.

Last edited:

Paralatae

May 15, 2019
Is it just me, or does the Receptionist job completely trivialize maintaining Order? From the day you unlock the job, it's a quick minigame to negate your Control loss for the day, even without investing in any +Control. After a couple of in-game weeks, you're gaining 20+ Order a day with minimal struggle.
Yes I agree. Playing on Prisoner mode right now and order is essentially a non factor as long as it's above 20 or so for riots. It's actually better to keep it low so you get more of those precious subsidies. It's kind of a disincentive to play the minigame cause otherwise you get crap for money, but if you don't play it regularly your notoriety (which leads to the fun stuff) will gradually reduce to 0. The bar isn't really worth the hassle until you get the "One Vs. All" passive that lets you flaunt and expose yourself to bar patrons for extra tips. I always go with the shortest time for the bar game. Also improving the menu makes things worse cause instead of just loading up on pale ale's you have to memorize which patron wants which alcoholic drink. I think adding a higher max drink count that Karryn could carry would help a lot with it but that might be a nightmare for the devs to implement.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
After playing a Pure Run and a Slut Run with the Receptionist Job, I must say, while it is fine, it doesn't hit the Quality of the rest of the game.

1. For me what is interesting about a Pure Run is, that the MC is 24/7 faced with all kinds of Temptations and she has to fight of her Desires to not give in. The Waitress Job for example does this well, because the higher your Rep, the more inmates will come. The more inmates are there, the harder it is to manage MCs Desires and her Willpower to not give in. Now compare this to the Receptionist Job and there is no increase in difficulty. No matter how high your Rep gets, most of the time only one Goblin shows up and you can get rid of him easily. So now the entire point of a Pure Run is gone and you are just doing the Job with zero threat to the MC, since there are no Temptations. Higher Rep should really increase, how many Goblins show up, so there is an constant threat to the MC.

2. A Slut Run suffers from it as well. While more Goblins show up there, it is still limited to a small number. Feels like 6-10 over a Shift. Which means if you take longer Shifts, after around 20 Minutes in the Shift, no more Goblins will show up. I actually hoped, that this Job would have like a Goblins Swarm thing going on instead of this. Also the point in which Goblins and Visitors stop and don't go further seems weird. As a Visitor, if you know, there is this Person, that gives out BJ, while getting fucked by Goblins and everybody sees it, wouldn't you go even further? Maybe that she should show her Tits and give a Titjob? Or maybe if he can play Goblin for a while and fuck her from behind, while she is doing the Job? Same goes for Goblins, why should they not go further? They know she gives BJs while they fuck her and everybody sees it. So why bother "hiding" anymore. They could even made this into a losing condition like getting drunk in the Waitress Job. If the MC gets to many Goblins on her, they overwhelm her. As an example: 1. Goblin reaches her and starts fucking her Ass. 2. Goblin reaches her and starts licking her Pussy. 3. Goblin reaches her but since the other 2 are still there, he goes under her dress and starts sucking on her Tits and playing with them. 4. Goblin reaches her and sits on the Desk and asks for a Handjob. If now a 5. Goblin should reach Karryn while the other 4 are at it, he will start Face Fucking her, which will result in losing and a Goblin Fuckfest could begin in which the Visitors even join in after they are done.

So yeah, maybe I expected to much but it just feels okeish and not as great as the rest of the game.

Last edited:

RichterQ87

Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Apparently in the new version there's this change:
"Karryn will either have to deal with goblins or guards after losing all stamina and energy during the receptionist side job."

Unfortunately, since there's no surrender and give up button, if you have the cum energy ability, you're basically fine, especially since pleasure seems to be wildly inconsistent, sometimes giving you very little and sometimes not, even with all the passives.

Anyone know how to potentially add those abilities to the receptionist job or at least make it easier to gain pleasure so we can lose energy and experience the new feature?

Jan 10, 2018
Yes I agree. Playing on Prisoner mode right now and order is essentially a non factor as long as it's above 20 or so for riots. It's actually better to keep it low so you get more of those precious subsidies. It's kind of a disincentive to play the minigame cause otherwise you get crap for money, but if you don't play it regularly your notoriety (which leads to the fun stuff) will gradually reduce to 0. The bar isn't really worth the hassle until you get the "One Vs. All" passive that lets you flaunt and expose yourself to bar patrons for extra tips. I always go with the shortest time for the bar game. Also improving the menu makes things worse cause instead of just loading up on pale ale's you have to memorize which patron wants which alcoholic drink. I think adding a higher max drink count that Karryn could carry would help a lot with it but that might be a nightmare for the devs to implement.
The Receptionist job does tank your subsidies, but if you do it often enough, at least you get money from your fanclub instead to make up for it... Eventually. I haven't actually unlocked that yet, so it is, admittedly, an excessively long time investment to get to that point...

As for the bar... Well, much of the problem looks to be engine limitations to my eyes. They implemented it as a "battle" for a reason, but it has some pretty stiff tradeoffs - like how if you have a full room, it slows down a ton as all eight customers "act", because the game assumes you need a second to see what each of them is doing even if it's just talking to each other. And how you have to move around via menu instead of just walking.

I think the most effective thing they could do to make the minigame less tedious is to make more actions automatic; when you go to a table, have Karryn automatically ask for an order (if a customer is asking) instead of making you go through the menu first. It's almost certainly why you're there; even if you were going to do something else first, it's not unreasonable to just assume and save you the two button presses. The same goes for delivering booze; don't ask if that's what you're doing, just ask which of your drinks to give them or if you're going to skip.

This does come with another tradeoff, namely that it slightly cuts down on the opportunities for your customers to grab at your clothing, but... Considering the sheer length of the minigame currently, I don't think you lose that many opportunities. As it stands, I dread the idea of taking a max-length shift.

After playing a Pure Run and a Slut Run with the Receptionist Job, I must say, while it is fine, it doesn't hit the Quality of the rest of the game.

1. For me what is interesting about a Pure Run is, that the MC is 24/7 faced with all kinds of Temptations and she has to fight of her Desires to not give in. The Waitress Job for example does this well, because the higher your Rep, the more inmates will come. The more inmates are there, the harder it is to manage MCs Desires and her Willpower to not give in. Now compare this to the Receptionist Job and there is no increase in difficulty. No matter how high your Rep gets, most of the time only one Goblin shows up and you can get rid of him easily. So now the entire point of a Pure Run is gone and you are just doing the Job with zero threat to the MC, since there are no Temptations. Higher Rep should really increase, how many Goblins show up, so there is an constant threat to the MC.

2. A Slut Run suffers from it as well. While more Goblins show up there, it is still limited to a small number. Feels like 6-10 over a Shift. Which means if you take longer Shifts, after around 20 Minutes in the Shift, no more Goblins will show up. I actually hoped, that this Job would have like a Goblins Swarm thing going on instead of this. Also the point in which Goblins and Visitors stop and don't go further seems weird. As a Visitor, if you know, there is this Person, that gives out BJ, while getting fucked by Goblins and everybody sees it, wouldn't you go even further? Maybe that she should show her Tits and give a Titjob? Or maybe if he can play Goblin for a while and fuck her from behind, while she is doing the Job? Same goes for Goblins, why should they not go further? They know she gives BJs while they fuck her and everybody sees it. So why bother "hiding" anymore. They could even made this into a losing condition like getting drunk in the Waitress Job. If the MC gets to many Goblins on her, they overwhelm her. As an example: 1. Goblin reaches her and starts fucking her Ass. 2. Goblin reaches her and starts licking her Pussy. 3. Goblin reaches her but since the other 2 are still there, he goes unter her dress and starts sucking on her Tits and playing with them. 4. Goblin reaches her and sits on the Desk and asks for a Handjob. If now a 5. Goblin should reach Karryn while the other 4 are at it, he will start Face Fucking her, which will result in losing and a Goblin Fuckfest could begin in which the Visitors even join in after they are done.

So yeah, maybe I expected to much but it just feels okeish and not as great as the rest of the game.
I disagree a bit on the Pure Route, personally... As it stands, it kind of feels like a nice change of pace from the relentless sexuality of the prison; a bit of an oasis of normality to remind you of what her life should be like. Here, you're just greeting fans and doing paperwork - a vacation from her usual struggles. That a couple of goblins continue to intrude upon, because it isn't really over, is it? You're just in a place where the usual scum can't act as publicly.

It's true that it's easier for a Pure character, but I feel like that's the way it should be - the more she emphasis doing her job instead of having fun, the easier it is to keep control of situations like this. Having an easier time here can be, by that perspective, a consequence of resisting her temptations elsewhere - a reward, albeit one that still takes a bit of work to collect on.

As for the Slut Route... I haven't actually done one yet, so I can't say much, but perhaps they're going to add more content to it later? They did just introduce it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to build on it more now that they have the foundation it place.

Reactions: TestUsername23

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
I disagree a bit on the Pure Route, personally... As it stands, it kind of feels like a nice change of pace from the relentless sexuality of the prison; a bit of an oasis of normality to remind you of what her life should be like. Here, you're just greeting fans and doing paperwork - a vacation from her usual struggles. That a couple of goblins continue to intrude upon, because it isn't really over, is it? You're just in a place where the usual scum can't act as publicly.

It's true that it's easier for a Pure character, but I feel like that's the way it should be - the more she emphasis doing her job instead of having fun, the easier it is to keep control of situations like this. Having an easier time here can be, by that perspective, a consequence of resisting her temptations elsewhere - a reward, albeit one that still takes a bit of work to collect on.

As for the Slut Route... I haven't actually done one yet, so I can't say much, but perhaps they're going to add more content to it later? They did just introduce it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to build on it more now that they have the foundation it place.
Yeah and that is what she is getting, when the Rep is low. A little bit of peace. But as the Rep is getting higher it should change, since Goblins hear about, that she is working often there because what is then the point of having Rep here, if the Difficulty doesn't change at all. It should get harder. At least in my opinion.

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah and that is what she is getting, when the Rep is low. A little bit of peace. But as the Rep is getting higher it should change, since Goblins hear about, that she is working often there because what is then the point of having Rep here, if the Difficulty doesn't change at all. It should get harder. At least in my opinion.
Mmm, I look at it a bit differently - to me, Reputation is more a reflection of what side jobs Karryn has bothered with in the past; has she made something a priority (a really good bar, a smoothly operating visitor's center), or is she just looking for a quick fix to an immediate problem (a strip show to raise quick funds, a few hastily arranged visits to avoid anarchy). It's a reward for consistently dedicating Fatigue to an area, and preventing you from just using something as a "crisis button".

I'd also add that the idea feels a bit unfair because you have no real way of preventing Reputation from rising, or of effectively lowering it once you have it - and while I don't mind kicking away a couple of goblins, having to deal with a full-on parade of goblins goes from "fun lewd gimmick" to me to "massive annoyance that I don't want to deal with". I don't mind the idea of adding a couple of guaranteed goblins to the last half of longer shifts so that you still have something at the end of a shift to deal with, but that's about as much as I'd be willing to put up with.

But that does give me an idea; maybe there should be some kind of a reward for full-clearing a shift? If there was, then the extra visitors from high Reputation would be adding directly to the difficulty, instead of "just" being more opportunities that you might miss if you botch things.

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
2. A Slut Run suffers from it as well. While more Goblins show up there, it is still limited to a small number. Feels like 6-10 over a Shift. Which means if you take longer Shifts, after around 20 Minutes in the Shift, no more Goblins will show up. I actually hoped, that this Job would have like a Goblins Swarm thing going on instead of this. Also the point in which Goblins and Visitors stop and don't go further seems weird. As a Visitor, if you know, there is this Person, that gives out BJ, while getting fucked by Goblins and everybody sees it, wouldn't you go even further? Maybe that she should show her Tits and give a Titjob? Or maybe if he can play Goblin for a while and fuck her from behind, while she is doing the Job? Same goes for Goblins, why should they not go further? They know she gives BJs while they fuck her and everybody sees it. So why bother "hiding" anymore. They could even made this into a losing condition like getting drunk in the Waitress Job. If the MC gets to many Goblins on her, they overwhelm her. As an example: 1. Goblin reaches her and starts fucking her Ass. 2. Goblin reaches her and starts licking her Pussy. 3. Goblin reaches her but since the other 2 are still there, he goes under her dress and starts sucking on her Tits and playing with them. 4. Goblin reaches her and sits on the Desk and asks for a Handjob. If now a 5. Goblin should reach Karryn while the other 4 are at it, he will start Face Fucking her, which will result in losing and a Goblin Fuckfest could begin in which the Visitors even join in after they are done.

With a little tweak in files receptionist job becomes a fun way, if you're playing goblin "slayer" Karryn.
I do agree, that there should be more interactions between visitors, goblins and such, but as far as I understand, this is only the beginning.
I'm sure we will see more. We have different passives for different types of enemies, Edicts, that control certain enemy's stats, encounter rate and also titles related to enemies, there will be a lot of work for the dev.

Also, important thing: while in a bar Karryn is open for everyone to have fun, in receptionist job one of the main fetishes is "hidden sex". You don't want another bar-like job. It bugs me, that while one goblin eating her out, another one can't get behind her and have some fun, but it's a work in progress, so we will see where it goes.

P.S. Karryn is having a busy day :sneaky:
Untitled.png

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Mmm, I look at it a bit differently - to me, Reputation is more a reflection of what side jobs Karryn has bothered with in the past; has she made something a priority (a really good bar, a smoothly operating visitor's center), or is she just looking for a quick fix to an immediate problem (a strip show to raise quick funds, a few hastily arranged visits to avoid anarchy). It's a reward for consistently dedicating Fatigue to an area, and preventing you from just using something as a "crisis button".

I'd also add that the idea feels a bit unfair because you have no real way of preventing Reputation from rising, or of effectively lowering it once you have it - and while I don't mind kicking away a couple of goblins, having to deal with a full-on parade of goblins goes from "fun lewd gimmick" to me to "massive annoyance that I don't want to deal with". I don't mind the idea of adding a couple of guaranteed goblins to the last half of longer shifts so that you still have something at the end of a shift to deal with, but that's about as much as I'd be willing to put up with.

But that does give me an idea; maybe there should be some kind of a reward for full-clearing a shift? If there was, then the extra visitors from high Reputation would be adding directly to the difficulty, instead of "just" being more opportunities that you might miss if you botch things.
I understand your point but that doesn't change the fact, that there is no increase in diffuculty right now at all. I am not saying that you should drown in Goblins. You can make it something like: Take half of the Rep, as an easy example 20 Rep, so 10 Goblins can spawn in a 60 Minute Shift. You take the 30 Minute Shift? Well then it is only 5 Goblins. So it is based of Rep and time but if you have Notoriety that one counts fully. So if you would have 20 Rep and 10 Notoriety, you would end up with 20 Goblins in a 60 Minute Shift. That is just a very basic example of what I mean but you get the point.

Also full clearing is already easy. I am always ending my Shifts early with 5-10 still to go.

Austin3456

Aug 15, 2018
Are goblins supposed to be evading like all my attacks? I hit 1 out of every like 20, it's quicker to lose than try to fight some of them.

Cassibryan

Jan 20, 2019
Are goblins supposed to be evading like all my attacks? I hit 1 out of every like 20, it's quicker to lose than try to fight some of them.
the tips is to be quicker than them. goblins have high agility so just raise your agility if you want to hit them

Jan 10, 2018
I understand your point but that doesn't change the fact, that there is no increase in diffuculty right now at all. I am not saying that you should drown in Goblins. You can make it something like: Take half of the Rep, as an easy example 20 Rep, so 10 Goblins can spawn in a 60 Minute Shift. You take the 30 Minute Shift? Well then it is only 5 Goblins. So it is based of Rep and time but if you have Notoriety that one counts fully. So if you would have 20 Rep and 10 Notoriety, you would end up with 20 Goblins in a 60 Minute Shift. That is just a very basic example of what I mean but you get the point.

Also full clearing is already easy. I am always ending my Shifts early with 5-10 still to go.
I think we're just viewing this in entirely different terms - from my perspective, "dealing with your visitors" is the main challenge (however easy it may be currently, and regardless of the stakes), while the goblins are just a "complication" that can be exacerbated by other factors.

So to my eyes, the answer to making it more difficult is to increase the stakes for failing the challenge (leaving visitors unattended loses Order or Gold, or adds to Fatigue) or to make it directly more difficult (make visitors take longer in the visiting room so that you have to struggle to remember whether there's a free one at the moment, add more sources of time to lose, make visitors start to get annoyed if they've been waiting too long without attention). Adding more goblins just ends up feeling like a distraction that also dilutes the differences between a "pure run" and a "slut run" - because if you're going to be facing enough goblins that they're the main challenge either way, then what's really the difference except in how you handle them?

It's true that full clears are easy now - but they don't have to be. And besides, if the cap on visitors is high enough, then you're eventually going to hit the point where you're just hoping that you don't end up with a bunch of old men with 4-minute-long paperwork stacks.

4.60 star(s) 403 Votes