TealQuest

Mar 6, 2020
I hope they reconsider this as time goes on, this game deserves more content than that since its so good.
Why? They need to release it to have a finished product, and finished in somewhat reasonable time.
And then modders may take charge...
While Devs can focus on yet another game, which might be even better than this one.

And also, more content? it ALREADY has more content than 99% of h-games. Already. so another +40% to that is freaking huge.

Scorian

Sep 8, 2016
Why? They need to release it to have a finished product, and finished in somewhat reasonable time.
And then modders may take charge...
While Devs can focus on yet another game, which might be even better than this one.

And also, more content? it ALREADY has more content than 99% of h-games. Already. so another +40% to that is freaking huge.
Modders while talented, can only do so much with existing assets, and just because this game stands out from others doesn't mean its time to pack it up and move on.

If the game is being well received there is plenty of reason to keep adding to it. There have been tons of posts of potential things to do regarding side jobs, different outfits, etc. And if all it takes is a few weeks to a month of development time why not?

Another game could very easily not perform as well and while I don't think they will release a bad game it would be a shame to squander this games potential just because it's satisfied a perceived quota. Also Rem has already been known to juggle multiple projects so when this one is more or less finished it could get a new content patch every now and then down the line to keep people coming back.

I don't really see why not to keep things rolling other than the developer just losing interest in this project in particular.

All in all I hope its not the end of our time with Karryn after the story finishes up.

TealQuest

Mar 6, 2020
All in all I hope its not the end of our time with Karryn after the story finishes up.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for more content for kp. BUT that is only because I am a big fan of it. I got something around 300+ hours sunk into current versions of the game :cool:

But at the same time having a finished product is really important for indie devs (and imho probably for any devs) cause each next month in development actually brings less and less new people to the project and at some point old fans might start leaving it, with phrases like: "What, its still being developed? Half a year to add just another side-job? I see, just milking patrons..."
Adding more and more content is nice and all, but it sure has diminishing returns, and I think Rem understands it quite well, that is why he always says that they got a plan and they are following it.

Obviously they might do a couple of dlcs after full release, if some specific content still gonna be in high demand, and won't require a ton of time from them.

Setting realistic goals and following the plan is better for the game than infinite development that just make the game more clunky with each next update. Fans are cool and stuff, but majority of your consumers are casuals, no matter what you do. And casuals need a finished product and possibility to beat the game in some reasonable time.
Like, take Steam with tons of devs following infinite development route with excuse: "we are in alpha, you have been warned". Any good games you can name that are doing that? In my experience best games that started in alpha state were released after 1-2 years of dev time. If it takes more, interest to the game dies, and with consumer interest, dies Dev interest in their own game as well. Updates take longer and longer and bring less and less content...

Reactions: buggzy313

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for more content for kp. BUT that is only because I am a big fan of it. I got something around 300+ hours sunk into current versions of the game :cool:

But at the same time having a finished product is really important for indie devs (and imho probably for any devs) cause each next month in development actually brings less and less new people to the project and at some point old fans might start leaving it, with phrases like: "What, its still being developed? Half a year to add just another side-job? I see, just milking patrons..."
Adding more and more content is nice and all, but it sure has diminishing returns, and I think Rem understands it quite well, that is why he always says that they got a plan and they are following it.

Obviously they might do a couple of dlcs after full release, if some specific content still gonna be in high demand, and won't require a ton of time from them.

Setting realistic goals and following the plan is better for the game than infinite development that just make the game more clunky with each next update. Fans are cool and stuff, but majority of your consumers are casuals, no matter what you do. And casuals need a finished product and possibility to beat the game in some reasonable time.
Like, take Steam with tons of devs following infinite development route with excuse: "we are in alpha, you have been warned". Any good games you can name that are doing that? In my experience best games that started in alpha state were released after 1-2 years of dev time. If it takes more, interest to the game dies, and with consumer interest, dies Dev interest in their own game as well. Updates take longer and longer and bring less and less content...
You ever heard of Star Citizen? :p But yeah, I hope that they do, after the game is released, 1 or 2 DLCs to add a few additional Side Jobs and maybe an extra floor but we will see. Whatever they do, this is already my fav H-Game anyway so everything is a bonus to me.

liubeizhao

Mar 28, 2020
You ever heard of Star Citizen? :p But yeah, I hope that they do, after the game is released, 1 or 2 DLCs to add a few additional Side Jobs and maybe an extra floor but we will see. Whatever they do, this is already my fav H-Game anyway so everything is a bonus to me.
but not every ppl be like you.....most of the ppl like fresh, unless dev keep add in the new tihing, otherwise ppl will feel boring and looking for other replacement. like there are lots game otherside.

this is apply for most of the field in entertation, like movie, game, they might very pupular in a time, but won't be forever.

• Angry

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
but not every ppl be like you.....most of the ppl like fresh, unless dev keep add in the new tihing, otherwise ppl will feel boring and looking for other replacement. like there are lots game otherside.

this is apply for most of the field in entertation, like movie, game, they might very pupular in a time, but won't be forever.
Meanwhile, games like LoL or CS:Go or GTA5 are huge and very old. So the argument, that poeple want new games because they get bored quick of old games all the time isn't really true. A lot of people stay with something they really like, as long they get updated. Also I never said, that the Dev needs to make the game bigger? I am fine with them sticking to their plan. I only said I hope they add 1 or 2 DLCs, if the game sells well enough.

liubeizhao

Mar 28, 2020
Meanwhile, games like LoL or CS:Go or GTA5 are huge and very old. So the argument, that poeple want new games because they get bored quick of old games all the time isn't really true. A lot of people stay with something they really like, as long they get updated. Also I never said, that the Dev needs to make the game bigger? I am fine with them sticking to their plan. I only said I hope they add 1 or 2 DLCs, if the game sells well enough.

ppl have different group, have ppl like new, some like old. But this is not the point, by the time goes longer, will have ppl feel boring and leave, this is surely, just not everyone, so the point is dev should complete the game at the time of most of the ppl is playing.......and start the new game, can both capture most of the playyer.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
ppl have different group, have ppl like new, some like old. But this is not the point, by the time goes longer, will have ppl feel boring and leave, this is surely, just not everyone, so the point is dev should complete the game at the time of most of the ppl is playing.......and start the new game, can both capture most of the playyer.
By that logic, the Dev should keep making the same game, as long his Patreon count goes up. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

TealQuest

Mar 6, 2020
Meanwhile, games like LoL or CS:Go or GTA5 are huge and very old. So the argument, that poeple want new games because they get bored quick of old games all the time isn't really true.
XD comparing AAA MULTIPLAYER games with 2 ppl indie single player... :FacePalm:
But you are right I guess, pretty sure if KP devs gonna get 1mil players on release they won't drop it. Probably Valve would come to them with a bag of money and an offer to make artifact 2 out of it...

Nov 4, 2018
Hello, I don't know crap about game development, <insert my opinion here>.

Love this dev, they put out quality stuff and I totally support what ever direction they want to go.

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
XD comparing AAA MULTIPLAYER games with 2 ppl indie single player... :FacePalm:
But you are right I guess, pretty sure if KP devs gonna get 1mil players on release they won't drop it. Probably Valve would come to them with a bag of money and an offer to make artifact 2 out of it...
alright then. binding of isaac, LOL there's quite a few indie games with very small teams that have a huge player base that have 2K+ hours, he was being generic but they're out there cmon think a little my dude

Reactions: Neriel

TealQuest

Mar 6, 2020
alright then. binding of isaac, LOL there's quite a few indie games with very small teams that have a huge player base that have 2K+ hours, he was being generic but they're out there cmon think a little my dude
yah and I watched isaac player base dwindle with each update. You dude should learn to read or something? Obviously it depend on the game its popularity. My key point is that there are diminishing returns. And long development times never work to bring more players.

Also, we would never know how it would have affected isaac devs if INSTEAD of developing isaac for so long they would have just left it as is and started yet another project. Maybe we already missed another master piece because they were so stubborn... AND the fact that its isaac 2 that you are most probably talking about, speaks in my favour. Imagine, instead of moving on they were still developing first game? my dude...

• Angry
Reactions: Neriel
4.60 star(s) 400 Votes