Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Goblins you can one-shot

False.

Rogues you can one-shot
False.

Slimes are easy managable with Special attacks (and by that time, I am sure, we will have the upgraded version of Cautious Stance anyway)

Don't have any. The money went on trying to clean up the money and order situation, as the game was so kind to advise me on. Which didn't actually help.

My experience doesn't mesh with the words.

Meh. If you're interested, this is what I'm working with. Just following the rock-paper scissors. When not able to use an attack that beats the person I'm aiming at, I use the same type as they are.

...And here where I get told 'Git GUD' or some such. Bleh.
View attachment 827886 View attachment 827888 View attachment 827889 View attachment 827890 View attachment 827891
Ok, judging by the pictures, my guess is, you did the mistake and invest very early on in Edicts that increased Order? Because you have almost no Edicts as far as I see. Never do that, you will crush your income that way.

Reactions: justedufun

Shinobikun

Oct 5, 2017
Goblins you can one-shot

False.

Rogues you can one-shot
False.

Slimes are easy managable with Special attacks (and by that time, I am sure, we will have the upgraded version of Cautious Stance anyway)

Don't have any. The money went on trying to clean up the money and order situation, as the game was so kind to advise me on. Which didn't actually help.

Meh. If you're interested, this is what I'm working with. Just following the rock-paper scissors. When not able to use an attack that beats the person I'm aiming at, I use the same type as they are.

View attachment 827886 View attachment 827888 View attachment 827889 View attachment 827890 View attachment 827891
Your biggest problem is not having any items. They make a giant difference in my experience. I always buy the +10 agility item on the first day. Secondly: You really need those side jobs as soon as possible. The waitress job especially provides a good money boost for pretty much no cost (fatigue) except time (as in, the time it takes irl for you to complete the minigame). Getting the edicts for the bar job as well as for rum and vodka (=more money) is one of the first things I do after subjugating level 1.

Secondly, you should at least get one of the specialized attacks (I recomend the agility one). They provide a considerable boost

Also, how long did you spend on level 1? I feel that rushing to level 2 will have a negative effect on the playthrough, as the order becomes unmanagable. Try to grind out a few major edicts before proceding to level 2.

Also, git gud.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Goblins you can one-shot

False.

Rogues you can one-shot
False.

https://f95zone.to/threads/karryns-prison-v0-6n2-remtairy.33777/post-4089044

Here is a very basic start, that shows all Edicts choices and progress pictures, that should help you in the early game. Now this start is not perfect, since I have found better ways to start but you should get the general idea. Also pick Starting Title: Ambitious Experimenter, it helps you kick off very quick with extra income.

Aug 6, 2016
wait so how are you supposed to grind charm without cautious stance

there's no other option to end your turn without doing anything, which is precisely what you need to do to level charm without leveling everything else up at the same time

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Also, how long did you spend on level 1?

About 10 days+, I think? I was max level by the end of it. Lost to the Orc once, because I didn't clear the room before fighting him and he got me through attrition. it was depressing going from -7 to -10 to 12 or so Order after a supposed victory.

Understand that this is without any New Game+. I'm in a rut of sorts. I can't strengthen by fighting(I'm capped), but I can't beat certain opponents blocking my way either.

Last edited:

Scorian

Sep 8, 2016
The waitress and receptionist jobs are the normal jobs, the next two (Gloryhole and Stripper) are lewd jobs.
I'm way more excited to see the new ones, I think the receptionist job is boring.
I'm the opposite I prefer the receptionist job over the waitress since it tends to get more hectic with everything you have to keep track and stay on top of.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
wait so how are you supposed to grind charm without cautious stance

there's no other option to end your turn without doing anything, which is precisely what you need to do to level charm without leveling everything else up at the same time
Is uh, that how you actually level charm? I'm not sure if that's the case. I thought it only goes up with titles (non-slut ones, since those actually reduce charm), warden level, and accessories.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Is uh, that how you actually level charm? I'm not sure if that's the case. I thought it only goes up with titles (non-slut ones), warden level, and accessories.
Well you can Level Charm, if someone is masturbating infront of Karryn but it is Grindy as hell to just stand there and wait forever. But you can still do it via Receptions Job then, since Goblins to that there all the time. But yes, Accessories, is the easiest way to Level Up Charm.

Aug 6, 2016
Is uh, that how you actually level charm? I'm not sure if that's the case. I thought it only goes up with titles (non-slut ones, since those actually reduce charm), warden level, and accessories.
Up to now, I grinded charm by fighting the guards outside the bedroom, but doing nothing and letting them fap. Based on a (low quality) guide I was working on, charm is increased in fights when enemies ejaculate on you.

Aug 6, 2016
I see, wasn't aware of that. I feel like the potential slut-levels you'd be gaining by doing that through titles would outweigh the benefits though.
It does pretty much prevent you from getting any of the Slut level requirement gifts at the end of level 1, but you don't get *that* many slut levels if you do it right, because the guards don't do anything but fap.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
It does pretty much prevent you from getting any of the Slut level requirement gifts at the end of level 1, but you don't get *that* many slut levels if you do it right, because the guards don't do anything but fap.
Well but you do increase Guard aggression that way + create wanted Guards, which can lead to massive problems down the line, unless they got nerved in 0.6

Reactions: Random Bob

Scorian

Sep 8, 2016
Well but you do increase Guard aggression that way + create wanted Guards, which can lead to massive problems down the line, unless they got nerved in 0.6
I take it you leave guards alone completely? Outside of edicts?

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
I take it you leave guards alone completely? Outside of edicts?
Since 0.5 yes, no matter if Fighter Build or Slut Build. They were at least in 0.5, with High GA and Wanted way overtuned in my opinion + the money got nerfed as well, so even that value was gone. And the GA you get from Edicts, you can offset with Edicts, that lower Invasion Chance. So I never have to bother with Guards. But as I said, haven't tried it in 0.6 since you don't need it anyway. So maybe now it is fine to do it again, at least in a Slut Build, since I wouldn't want to deal with it in a fighter run, with constant invasions.

justedufun

Mar 30, 2018
On paper, this sounds like a pretty awesome update. Less difficulty jumps and more control over your character's attributes, since a single action wouldn't give you like 30 level up's anymore.

Cautious stance change is an interesting one, I don't mind the energy cost if it'll become a move that's at least worth considering now. I don't think I've found a single good use for it previously.
It's a nice anti-idiot measure as well, since people spamming what was basically "wait a turn" button for 30 minutes, then complaining that the game's grindy and it takes forever to see any scenes were definitely not a rare occurrence.

The daily report is a good QoL change, no doubt. It'll be good to have a condensed overview of what the hell's going on, especially with additional side-jobs and new mechanics like the stalling penalty.

View attachment 827737
I use cautious stance a lot, i sometimes will start with counter, then taunt ennemy, and next i always enable the counter and insteed of attacking i use cautious stance after the counter when ennemy gonna do big damage or trip attack.

The second "major" (for some) change is that Cautious Stance is no longer available from the start. You have to buy the Edict for it before Karryn learns it. The reasoning for this change is too long for me to write here and is probably best saved for a Dev Log type post if anyone is interested. But basically Karryn doesn't start with it learn, and it costs Energy to use, and it's effects are much stronger than before so it's like a weak Defensive Stance alternative for Agility builds.

So she will have no defensive measures at all unless one or the other of Defensive/Cautious is bought? Then what are you supposed to do against a wind-up attack other than simply sit there and take it? Focus letting you possibly counter is one thing, but those attacks, for obvious reasons, hit really hard even on grazes in many cases and frankly most of your money is more likely to go on stabilizing the money and order situation so you can, you know, keep playing. And one-shotting the enemies isn't likely either.

I guess you really aren't meant to get through the game in one run. I'm missing something, I think.
I like it this way, i prefer playing challenging game, even when it's about h game. For me game like that are 10 times better than easy and with no challenge at all where you just chase after h scene...
But Karryn's prison got a difficulty settings anyway so you could always play it in normal or even in easy, and by what i read on the easy boost you will have no problem at all ^^

So to say, i think it's not a bad idea to put cautious stance under edict, you may then lose the first time against gobelin who make you trip, but it will force the player to think how to beat them. Here come the cautious stance in edict =)

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
I use cautious stance a lot, i sometimes will start with counter, then taunt ennemy, and next i always enable the counter and insteed of attacking i use cautious stance after the counter when ennemy gonna do big damage or trip attack.
I've ditched the cautious stance quite early on. Starting out, I used to always follow the rock-paper-scissors attack patterns and also kept using cautious stance against the charged attacks. That was back when only lvl 1 was available and it worked good enough, but the introduction of lvl 2 made me completely abandon my previous habits.

The benefits of rock-paper-scissors counters do not compensate for an abysmal stat spread they're encouraging, especially when the most dangerous enemies have a definite bias towards certain attack types. Worse, unless you're going first, the enemy can always change their attack type before you'll land a hit.
And cautious stance doesn't do enough to compensate for missing an opportunity to attack or use proper energy skills. The evasion bonus is also % based, so if you had low agility to begin with that increase is practically meaningless.

Since the cautious stance was already only truly beneficial to agility based builds, giving it a cost but increasing the benefits and making it an early-game and lower investment skill than defensive stance might turn it onto something actually worth considering in a regular run.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 403 Votes