thomastm

May 24, 2020
Self Paid Equipment is a good early pick because it saves you money. Self Maintenance is not a good early pick since it requires taking Standard Equipment first which means it worsens your balance sheet overall.

Prison Guards for Office is the most impactful edict you can pick early on to reduce expenses, but your office will never be as safe as it could be. It's a very solid pick on Prisoner imo.

Cautious Stance is really useful. You can use it to farm counterattacks, and it's possible to activate cautious stance in the same turn you adjust clothes or revitalize, which drastically improves your action economy.

Both Mind Training and Endurance Training unlocks a lot of useful abilities down the tree, so you'll want to get started on them at some point.

Be careful about edicts that improve order/control, especially at the cost of more expenses. You earn more subsidies at lower order, so taking these edicts can be a bit of a trap if you don't actually need the order boost. Unless you're trying to obtain the titles for maintaining 100 order over time, it's more efficient to leave order in the 20-50 range and take advantage of the extra money.

Save up for the Palladium bracelet at some point (but not at the expense of wasting edict points). This should be your first major purchase. The energy regen it gives is incredibly good.
Okay, before going for Tonkin what is the requirements to defeat him? Is energy regen & cautious stance enough?

Ackillez

Jan 7, 2019
Okay, before going for Tonkin what is the requirements to defeat him? Is energy regen & cautious stance enough?
That depends on your other stats, but probably. I leveled to 12 before taking on Tonkin and it wasn't too much of a problem at that point (went straight to the boss without doing any fights on the way).

slimyboi

Jan 31, 2021
S

Sorry for late reply i first was playing on the hardest... For like 6 runs didnt work out that well but at least i reached max warden lv..
Now im trying on normal... But dang do i either kill them and the pig once then he retreats back and i either get beat or my character gets too horny and gets fucked into defeat :/ after i reach him again
I had this same issue, make sure to buy at least one accessory from the edict black market shop thing. Specifically, the top left item and the one below it. One gives a lot of strength, the other gives you a ton of stamina and makes you a tank. Even just one accessory made a huge difference for me, if you can get both they should easily carry you for the fight.

Roarie

Feb 13, 2020
Tonkin fight is relatively easy. The only thing you need is the energy regeneration skill to outlast the fight. Though I recommend you get defensive stance to deal with charged up thug attacks.

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
Anyone complete the game with Prison Mode? If yes can share some tips on which Edict to go for at the beginning?
Other than self maintenance and self paid equipment, remove the original title. Also, don't spend any resource on order yet until you must because you get tons of subsides when you have low order. Just beat mobs to get the order under control. If can't, fix the cafeteria for that 25 order bonus.

You should get the title 'beautiful warden' at some point in the first 10 days. It's a free 10 order bonus so if your edict point is 1 and you can't afford fixing the cafeteria, you probably want to use that to get through that day.

All in all, with meticulous calculation, you shouldn't be worrying about the order and should be able to make some extra fund out of it.

I managed to not fix the cafeteria until level 2 in both my fighter build and slut build in prisoner mode. If you are careful and diligent enough, things should be relatively easy at this point.

Now if you are after slut build, endurance and energy are what you want to focus on. However if you are after fighter build, I would recommend stamina and maybe one of strength/agility/dexterity as your main focus. Do alway remember to get the one skill that restore energy in the mind tree.

Reactions: dragonmaster4

zoomies

Jun 4, 2017
They're werewolves; not dogs. I respect your stance, but I also don't really see how that's too much different from other fantastical creatures that's already in the game such as goblins, lizardmen, and orcs. I mean, technically, all of them are skippable.
View attachment 1057136
Anyway, these guys will start popping up in Level 4 of the prison. Per their description: Werewolf types are fast, strong, smart, and deadly. They prefer not to mess around and instead quickly get their prey down on the ground first. They ferociously attack with claw slashes, but are very cautious about running into pointy things...
well, i have modded the game to eliminate orcs and slimes and lizards, i do miss some art doing so. i have also eliminated goblins exept for in reception, because there is no other art.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Nice tips! now i finally managed to deafeat the 1st boss and the 2nd floor too... Then thugs started to hit like a truck holy shit 1,4 k dmg! This game is more complex than 99% of H-RPGs out there and its on its way to becoming one of my fav! Now i only need to get to lv 3 boss and beat it!... Is the 3rd boss the last one for the version right? Because i think i can try Prisioner mode again and hopefully not get fucked back to "Select dificulty screen" again...
Anyway i have a few questions:
Is there anyway to faster farm order besides mobs and working on tavern/reception for some extra?
Which one attack is the more versatile hits multiple mobs at once?
And what does Control effect exactly?
That and best trinkets to grab for karryn xD

sotiryo

Jun 10, 2017
Nice tips! now i finally managed to deafeat the 1st boss and the 2nd floor too... Then thugs started to hit like a truck holy shit 1,4 k dmg! This game is more complex than 99% of H-RPGs out there and its on its way to becoming one of my fav! Now i only need to get to lv 3 boss and beat it!... Is the 3rd boss the last one for the version right? Because i think i can try Prisioner mode again and hopefully not get fucked back to "Select dificulty screen" again...
Is there anyway to faster farm order besides mobs and working on tavern/reception for some extra?
Q:Which one attack is the more versatile hits multiple mobs at once?
WARNING OPINIONS!
A: Between CLEAVE(dexterity) and SKEWER(agility). Mainly because while cleave hits 3 people in a line (they are right next to each other in the battle menu) skewer can hit any 2~3 targets to matter where they are, although skewer does have a tendency to hit the same target multiple times. Remember to use specializations to buff these moves up as well, because they do have a 2 turn long cooldown after use but can be reduced to 1 turn. Cleave can also be upgraded to hit 4 enemies instead of 4 and skewer similarly can be upgraded to 3~4 targets. Personally I learn towards Cleave due to consistency since it always attacks the enemies you select(the hits on each enemy can individually miss though) and Skewer can end up attacks enemies even after they would die due to damage taken and end up wasting the move. Slam can only target one enemy and even with the upgrade to hit a target below the initial one it just inflicts vulnerable and does no damage that turn. Even with my bias towards cleave, skewer is still really good as it's multi-hit capability on one target lets you shred bosses with the right build, cleave misses out on this as even though bosses take up 2 of cleave's targeting slots it won't hit twice.

Reactions: Back

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Control effects your daily order decay, so by enacting control related edicts you can reduce (or increase) your order loss per day. -3 control means you will be losing 3 points of order a day. With proper edict management you can maintain perfect order balance without having to subdue lots of prisoners.

You do not restore order as a waitress, only as a receptionist by arranging visitations... not sucking visitors off or letting goblins fuck Karryn behind the desk.

Taiga12

Jan 31, 2021
I have a small request of can someone make me a simple version of a modded version of the game please? Looking slut and no riot mod. Tried doing it myself but it just made me head hurt a lot ^^''

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
There's 3 thug edicts on 1st floor that you can choose.
Two of them removes their stat bonus.

thomastm

May 24, 2020
Other than self maintenance and self paid equipment, remove the original title. Also, don't spend any resource on order yet until you must because you get tons of subsides when you have low order. Just beat mobs to get the order under control. If can't, fix the cafeteria for that 25 order bonus.

You should get the title 'beautiful warden' at some point in the first 10 days. It's a free 10 order bonus so if your edict point is 1 and you can't afford fixing the cafeteria, you probably want to use that to get through that day.

All in all, with meticulous calculation, you shouldn't be worrying about the order and should be able to make some extra fund out of it.

I managed to not fix the cafeteria until level 2 in both my fighter build and slut build in prisoner mode. If you are careful and diligent enough, things should be relatively easy at this point.

Now if you are after slut build, endurance and energy are what you want to focus on. However if you are after fighter build, I would recommend stamina and maybe one of strength/agility/dexterity as your main focus. Do alway remember to get the one skill that restore energy in the mind tree.
Great tips! just to be clear when you said self paid equipment your talking about the 1 you pick for halberd for either + 20% Atk/Def and not from the shopping page right? And "remove the original title" mean when you go to sleep right? Also I found out taunt not so useful in prison mode against 5/6 enemy in a wave. do recommend taunt or just normal hit and counter?

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Great tips! just to be clear when you said self paid equipment your talking about the 1 you pick for halberd for either + 20% Atk/Def and not from the shopping page right? And "remove the original title" mean when you go to sleep right? Also I found out taunt not so useful in prison mode against 5/6 enemy in a wave. do recommend taunt or just normal hit and counter?
Self-paid equipment is a Fort Gannon edict that lets you make some savings on expenses at the cost of increased Guard aggression, Corruption and decreased control. It has nothing to do with the halberd. There are other cost cutting / income raising edicts that work in similar way. Just look for the edict icons with scissors in them and read their descriptions: Laxer Hiring Standards, Hire Current Inmates, No Hiring Standards, Self-Maintenance, You Break You Pay, Use Inmate Cooks, Pay For Better Food Program, Guards Pay For Food. Beware though that enacting too many of these will make the prison too hard to handle with the halberd. You will have to employ other managerial techniques...

As regards titles, each title has its wearing cost and effect. You wear a title by equiping Karryn with it in the game menu. Again, read descriptions for each title to see how it works. There are management oriented titles, there are battle oriented titles and then there are slutty titles.

Aug 11, 2020
I know this is probably too early to ask, but what's the likelyhood of new content in KP post main campaign? (Either free updates or DLC)
Very slim. His other games offered bugfixes after release, but that was it. When they start working on the new game, both artist and programmer are involved from the start, so there are no idle moments to create new content for older games.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
No, Melty's Quest for example got a decent update for free.
Still, judging from how the last two levels are going to have less content that the first three, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Which is a pity a bit, as there are areas in this Prison that are begging for implementation of some raunchy, juicy bits: infirmary, gym, classroom, workshop, laundry...

I guess the thing is that KP is quite an ambitious attempt at a lewd game which is trying to be as debauched as possible while still being a well thought-out game. It is a corruption game at its core but not as simple as majority of games in this genre, whereby depravity is a result of failing to fulfil an otherwise noble quest in chaste fashion and the sex scenes are either defeat rapes or questionable side jobs taken up in order to gather funds for upgraded adventuring equipment. It is much more complex that that here, just compare it with Meltys' Quest. So I think that putting out new content is not as simple as adding an extra scene here and there. Not when you have such a complicated system of passives, edicts, stats, unlockable skills, etc. that have to provide a balanced yet challenging gaming experience.

Cream♡Pie

Aug 31, 2017
Very slim. His other games offered bugfixes after release, but that was it. When they start working on the new game, both artist and programmer are involved from the start, so there are no idle moments to create new content for older games.
Idk if that's an entirely fair comparison to make. I haven't played Melty's so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to be a more linear story-based RPG whereas KP definitely plays like it's meant to play off it's side content and gameplay loops rather than being mainly story driven. Don't get me wrong, the main plot of KP is serviceable as is, but it's fairly basic and straightforward, unless of course the devs decide to flesh it out more as development draws closer to completion.

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes