madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Idk if that's an entirely fair comparison to make. I haven't played Melty's so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to be a more linear story-based RPG whereas KP definitely plays like it's meant to play off it's side content and gameplay loops rather than being mainly story driven. Don't get me wrong, the main plot of KP is serviceable as is, but it's fairly basic and straightforward, unless of course the devs decide to flesh it out more as development draws closer to completion.
Melty is much much simpler than that, yet another H-RPG featuring a princess on a quest to defeat a powerful lewd enemy and their pervy minions. There is no engaging battle/sex mechanics, just spamming attacks or spells or simply giving up to get raped and become a slut eventually. The same sex scenes come in 3, max 4 different flavors depending on your heroine's slut level and number of revisits. The only thing that Meltys has richer than Karryn is her wardrobe and the perks that each different outfit gives. Of course the passive, edict and title system is decidedly more complex than nurse, maid, latex or shibari clothes, but at least you have that paperdoll dress-up option added, which a lot of players seem to love. You could add or remove scenes or enemy encounters in Meltys easily and this would not affect the gameplay much. Pricing of items and services is all over the place, Melty has no daily expenses to look after so there's no balancing the sheets. Resources to be collected simply respawn if you leave an area and return right after. Battle statistics are just as ridiculous. In other words, the game involves no planning or strategizing, just explore everything until something happens. Karryn is much more grown-up a project.

Cream♡Pie

Aug 31, 2017
Melty is much much simpler than that, yet another H-RPG featuring a princess on a quest to defeat a powerful lewd enemy and their pervy minions. There is no engaging battle/sex mechanics, just spamming attacks or spells or simply giving up to get raped and become a slut eventually. The same sex scenes come in 3, max 4 different flavors depending on your heroine's slut level and number of revisits. The only thing that Meltys has richer than Karryn is her wardrobe and the perks that each different outfit gives. Of course the passive, edict and title system is decidedly more complex than nurse, maid, latex or shibari clothes, but at least you have that paperdoll dress-up option added, which a lot of players seem to love. You could add or remove scenes or enemy encounters in Meltys easily and this would not affect the gameplay much. Pricing of items and services is all over the place, Melty has no daily expenses to look after so there's no balancing the sheets. Resources to be collected simply respawn if you leave an area and return right after. Battle statistics are just as ridiculous. In other words, the game involves no planning or strategizing, just explore everything until something happens. Karryn is much more grown-up a project.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I can get lost in the gameplay and system management in KP, which goes to show what a great job Rem did into planning out how the gameplay loop would go.
This game will definitely not be a play-and-shelf-forever kind of experience and I personally would truly appreciate if they'd build on that. They've got a great product in their hands with so much more potential should they act on it, and I for one can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
I'm getting the hang of things but still struggling in fights even on a NG+.
Is there a recommended framework/build for edicts? I feel like I have no funds all the time. What kind of edicts should I prioritize early? Should I slow-roll the first one or two floors for more time to build up upgrades?

Kreon G

Mar 30, 2020
I'm getting the hang of things but still struggling in fights even on a NG+.
Is there a recommended framework/build for edicts? I feel like I have no funds all the time. What kind of edicts should I prioritize early? Should I slow-roll the first one or two floors for more time to build up upgrades?
pay attention to order too. the more you have order the less you get the money. if you can reduce the order without zero-ing it. you'll get more money.
you already playing in NG+ there's a cat in the beginning of NG+ you can talk to the cat and get some useful advice. it's very very useful (for me)

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
Great tips! just to be clear when you said self paid equipment your talking about the 1 you pick for halberd for either + 20% Atk/Def and not from the shopping page right? And "remove the original title" mean when you go to sleep right? Also I found out taunt not so useful in prison mode against 5/6 enemy in a wave. do recommend taunt or just normal hit and counter?
Not really the one with atk/def...
If you examine the edicts carefully you'd find there are two edicts that reduce the expense by 125 and 75. I think those two are called self paid equipment and something about using the prison guards. You want to have those two in the first day because you need that economy starts growing as early as possible. The whole point of getting those edicts is to increase your fund as much as possible.
As for the title yes I think you can remove it before sleep to save money. Also the point in doing that is also saving money because your budget is going to be pretty tight in the prisoner mode.

I don't use taunt in general because I don't think it helps too much in battle for an offensive fighter build... But if you are into defense-retaliation kind of fighter build I would say that skill can be somehow helpful because that's where you want the enemy to use physical attack instead of sexual attack. I haven't tried that build yet.

If you are into slut build just forget taunt unless you are grinding the passive. The full endurance-energy based slut build is just so overpowered. I can almost clear every single enemy in floor 3 in one day with that build even with fatigue and those horrible passives going on.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
If you are into slut build just forget taunt unless you are grinding the passive. The full endurance-energy based slut build is just so overpowered. I can almost clear every single enemy in floor 3 in one day with that build even with fatigue and those horrible passives going on.
Taunting also has its merits in a slut build. A bit of angry sex every now and then never hurt anyone. It is sometimes the only way to provoke an attack from a prisoner, who finds Karryn too charming to hit. And there are sluts who want to be roughed up a bit.

And there are two taunt related passives that increase mind (Provocative Mouth and Vanity) which is a horrible thing to waste, especially for a slut Warden.

Hyperkid00

May 20, 2018
Still, judging from how the last two levels are going to have less content than the first three, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. This is a pity a bit, as there are areas in this Prison that are begging for implementation of some raunchy, juicy bits: infirmary, gym, classroom, workshop, laundry...

I guess the thing is that KP is quite an ambitious attempt at a lewd game which is trying to be as debauched as possible while still being a well-thought-out game. It is a corruption game at its core but not as simple as the majority of games in this genre, whereby depravity is a result of failing to fulfill an otherwise noble quest in chaste fashion and the sex scenes are either defeat rapes or questionable side jobs taken up in order to gather funds for upgraded adventuring equipment. It is much more complex than here, just compare it with Meltys' Quest. So I think that putting out new content is not as simple as adding an extra scene here and there. Not when you have such a complicated system of passives, edicts, stats, unlockable skills, etc. that have to provide a balanced yet challenging gaming experience.
I would like that them would make Karryn a teacher instead that the prisoner self-study with a Karryn figure.

Reactions: Yank00 and Back

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
Taunting also has its merits in a slut build. A bit of angry sex every now and then never hurt anyone. It is sometimes the only way to provoke an attack from a prisoner, who finds Karryn too charming to hit. And there are sluts who want to be roughed up a bit.

And there are two taunt related passives that increase mind (Provocative Mouth and Vanity) which is a horrible thing to waste, especially for a slut Warden.
The thing is that, from what I remember, when prisoners are angry they don't initiate sex.
I'd certainly spam taunt had someone made an angry-sex mod with different dialogue or whatever.

btw dude I've seen tons of your reply. really insightful.

Killknight

May 11, 2020
They're werewolves; not dogs. I respect your stance, but I also don't really see how that's too much different from other fantastical creatures that's already in the game such as goblins, lizardmen, and orcs. I mean, technically, all of them are skippable.
View attachment 1057136
Anyway, these guys will start popping up in Level 4 of the prison. Per their description: Werewolf types are fast, strong, smart, and deadly. They prefer not to mess around and instead quickly get their prey down on the ground first. They ferociously attack with claw slashes, but are very cautious about running into pointy things...
No big deal I can defeat all.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
btw dude I've seen tons of your reply. really insightful.
Thank you. :)

A competent slut can initiate sex herself as long as her desires are high enough and her opponent is aroused (bearing in mind of course that certain active sex moves will eventually increase her sadism). Certainly, there isn't any angry sex specific content for those inmates and guards who are mad at Karryn and erect at the same time, which would be a great thing to have, even if it only consisted of a few lines of different dialog.

Then, as slutty maso-leaning Karryn is capable of receiving pleasure from butt-slaps and battle inflicted damage, it counts as sex to her. ;) You can provoke a group of thugs, give up, keep her ass high up and have her butt-slapped until their hands grow tired. She will orgasm a couple of times in the process, so everybody's happy in the end. Of course she can receive spankings from thugs who are not angry at her at all, but such a bratty scenario makes a bit more sense to me. Again, it would be a cool addition for a slutty, spanko Karryn to receive a sex (or battle masturbation) skill 'Ask for spanking', where even those enemies who are not spankers themselves could be convinced she's a bad bad girl.

Taunting a thug, goblin or rogue has a high chance of them responding with an attack that will make her lose balance and fall. And a slutty, maso Karryn needs at least 10 falls to gain the 'Crumbling Knees and Pride' passive, which increases masochism and unlocks a new skill (Rest a Bit). I guess more falls and increased masochism will eventually unlock dogeza if it's ever going to be implemented in future updates.

Sarukami

Jan 22, 2018
Can someone help me with the mod? I have everything installed, but no matter what I try I cant start the MV_Decrypter. It always gives me the Bandizip as the opening program, which ofcourse just wants to extract files, instead of running the file. I tried with the CMD prompt, but alas it always say that i couldnt start the file with Java. It is kinda frustrating....I did the path for the Java in cmd already, but still nothing works. Any ideas, what could be done?

Actually....nvm just made it. I shortened the name to MV_Decrypter, opened a new notepad file, wrote in it java -jar MV_Decrypter.jar, saved as (choose all files), then name the file MV_Decrypter.bat
Make sure to save it in the same folder as the program.....for anyone out there who had troubles <.<

Last edited:

LostBR

Sep 21, 2018
Can some kind soul give me a save file with a full slut Karryn? thank you in advance.
Edit: i just found it, i love this forum.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
The thing is that, from what I remember, when prisoners are angry they don't initiate sex.
I'd certainly spam taunt had someone made an angry-sex mod with different dialogue or whatever.
They may not initiate, but they will join in if someone else initiates.

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes