Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
For me, i have no problem with RPGMaker (I have pretty much a potato PC btw), the only problem i have right now is that sometimes my FPS drop when i'm playing this game but it's because of my potato PC, this game ask for some ressources after all. Else, i have no bugs or anything like that with the RPGMaker games.

And it was before i've turned the high performance mode in my PC.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I hope they stick with RPGM. A lot of people hating RPGM for no reason at all. What are they gonna do? Use Ren'Py? If so, then I really can't wait to spam click my mouse with each new update just so I can get through all the grindy stuff that every single Ren'Py game has. Unless it's not sandbox but a linear VN, which I doubt it will be because compared to this game that will be a downgrade.

Unity? Even people that use Unity use it as copy of Ren'Py. But maybe they can make a sidescroller or something.

Or they can use UE and make a 3d game, but I doubt that because they seem to like working with RPGM.

Honestly every time I see a new Ren'Py game I get sort of disappointed. It's always the same stuff. Click > get to scene > click > get to scene. And there's so few where you get to shape the character the way you want. It's mostly "Choice 1: Have sex - Choice 2: Don't have sex."

RPG Maker MZ (they're using MV for this game) was released in september, and they will probably start working with that if anything.
Going by my experiences too, and I usually like RenPy the best because it's simple and one-handed. This game seems to be too much for RPGM already, with huge delays on the side jobs after every choice, and it will expand even more. If they get the game to run faster or move to MZ and it turns out to be better I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Trapquest

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I just go by what I experience. Every rpg maker game my computer seems to hate. Stuttering, slow, etc
Every unity game my computer seems to love. Smooth high fps.

I guess it depends on how they code it. Most rpg maker games that are visual novels I have no problems with since its just pictures. Even if they add some slight animations and effects, it doesn't effect my fps much.

edit - I suspect people with a 1080 gpu or 7th gen process won't feel/notice a thing either way. But the more smooth this runs on a lower end pcs, the more sales.
I think we should make a distinction between a game's engine and format. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, Xill was referring to RPGM's visualisation and mechanics, with top down view and relatively free (animated) exploration of areas, including jump-and-run elements + D&D battle stages, as opposed to Ren'Py stylistics, which more often than not consists of still backgrounds with clickable areas, multi-layered paperdolls, textual choices and sometimes mini-games, which is basically an enhanced VN.

There are Unity games in RPGM style, 'Third Crisis' for example. And I am sure there are Unity games in Ren'Py style.

Reactions: Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I think we should make a distinction between a game's engine and format. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, Xill was referring to RPGM's visualisation and mechanics, with top down view and relatively free (animated) exploration of areas, including jump-and-run elements + D&D battle stages, as opposed to Ren'Py stylistics, which more often than not consists of still backgrounds with clickable areas, multi-layered paperdolls, textual choices and sometimes mini-games, which is basically an enhanced VN.

There are Unity games in RPGM style, 'Third Crisis' for example. And I am sure there are Unity games in Ren'Py style.
Pretty much yeah. For example "Anna Exciting Affection" is an RPGM game, but the only thing you do is go from one scene to the next. Which is probably why the sequel is being made with Ren'Py, because it really didn't fit RPGM at all. But then again, imo, a lot of people like that game because of Anna's model specifically and not because the gameplay stands out or anything.

Meanwhile in this game there's a lot more stuff going on than just clicking your way to the next scene.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Sillynius There is no such limit, although, outside of Secretary Mode difficulty, after a certain number of days passes without you subjugating a floor you get an increasing penalty to Control. Does not apply to the last available floor since it cannot be subjugated.

Then again, how would you define "completing KP"?

Reactions: Back
May 18, 2020
I just go by what I experience. Every rpg maker game my computer seems to hate. Stuttering, slow, etc
Every unity game my computer seems to love. Smooth high fps.

I guess it depends on how they code it. Most rpg maker games that are visual novels I have no problems with since its just pictures. Even if they add some slight animations and effects, it doesn't effect my fps much.

edit - I suspect people with a 1080 gpu or 7th gen process won't feel/notice a thing either way. But the more smooth this runs on a lower end pcs, the more sales.
get a used 970 (should be around 100bucks even with mining) and an i5 past 8th gen. Put the game on ssd, gg ez. And that is relatively cheap, can cut back even more on cpu till it is a decent 4 core. I honestly feel sorry for those who are stuck with laptops or have little to no privacy. Nice name btw :D

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
The enemy level increases every 3/5/7 days based on difficulty.
You can dawdle as much as you want at your own peril.
But it does cap out, so if your Karryn's already capped, it won't increase past that.
There is a penalty to control if you don't beat the 1st and 2nd level bosses within a set number of days, but after that there's no limit.

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
But it does cap out, so if your Karryn's already capped, it won't increase past that.
There is a penalty to control if you don't beat the 1st and 2nd level bosses within a set number of days, but after that there's no limit.
Don't know about the recent few versions but mobs used to get really op after a while.
So it's no longer a problem now?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Don't know about the recent few versions but mobs used to get really op after a while.
That's a really good question. I'm also curious about that.

Another question.
What other files does the game generate outside of the game's directory? I'm aware of the stuff in the AppData folder, but are there other files elsewhere? For example, game save data or other info in the registry (like how Unity games do)?

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
Just for clarity, the cap depends heavily on Karryn's level, but ofc not only. Thus, capping player level does not mean, that enemies reached their highest power. It just means, that this factor can no longer increase.

Afaik the cap itself was not changed. The time it takes on each difficulty level may have changed (not sure), but I think the cap stayed the same. I wrote about level caps and guard aggression some time ago: here

Basically the level of the usual suspect increases each X day, depending on difficulty level:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Additionally, the enemies you get in riots get extra levels depending on how many riots already happened. These separate increases are capped to some percentage of Karryn's current level.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The base level of enemies depends ofc on the floor she's on and guards get an extra bonus depending on the current guard aggression (higher aggression = more levels).

TL;DR: Main factors are current floor in the prison you're on, days spent in prison, amount of riots in the past (only in riot battles) and guard aggression (only for guards). Impact from days and riots is capped relative to player level, but can be quite high in a normal game once reached.

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
How good is Wolf Rpg compared to RPGM and Renpy?
Wolf is similar to RPGM. However, since it's less widespread than RPGM it inevitably has less support. Thus, it's less robust and harder to mod by comparison, and (afaik) doesn't have runtime packages like RPGM. It's still a decent engine, but I believe more people would prefer one of the later iterations of the RPGM engine overall.

The Ren'Py engine is generally used for VNs, or visual novels. It's a popular engine for that style of game, and has its own tricks.

Razor298

Apr 27, 2020
does anyone here know how to make Karryn naked??, if i remember someone share his save data here for previous ver. Karryn's Prison

Karryn can undress her clothes from bed in her room, there was an option (not the sleep option).

masterwolf25

Aug 30, 2019
does anyone here know how to make Karryn naked??, if i remember someone share his save data here for previous ver. Karryn's Prison

Karryn can undress her clothes from bed in her room, there was an option (not the sleep option).
You have to have the "Karryn's Prison CCMod" from the extras section of the main page

Dronez

Mar 11, 2018
you reckon the future monsters in the next levels would require a certain karryns sluttiness to fit larger phalluses in karryn?
would love the idea of her taming some mighty horselike shlongs

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk
4.60 star(s) 400 Votes