Spillo89

Jul 8, 2020
October 25th 2021: Progress Report

Hello everyone, anxious Rem here with this week's Progress Report!

There is a storm coming. Literally, not figuratively.

First up, the Progress Report. The Level 5 Defeat battle is pretty much almost finished, like maybe one more day of fixing this or that during debugging and playtesting, but the CG and all the variations are done and the code is tentatively done. So in the last week, Sachinama has been hard at work finishing up the CG, while I have been doing a combination of coding the battle as well as continuing to slowly port the game text to the new text system that I have been talking about in the past few weeks. Wrist status: Still painful, but I've been taking it easier this past week. Instead of working while having music in the background, I've been putting on old shows and movies that I've watched before on the background, so that I get distracted every now and then and give my wrist a break while doing repetitive click-dragging copy-and-pasting hundred of times a day.

Also, just a completely random aside since I've been seeing people kind of mention it here and there, there's going to be no Level 4 Edicts. I've mentioned this way, waaayyyy back, the last time was probably months back? and the first time I mentioned it might have been also a year ago? when I first talked about Level 3 Edicts. So to summarize, I design things for the end product in mind. Whether it's Passives, Side Jobs or Edicts. My vision is what the game looks like in the end, not for each Alpha Build. It pretty much shouldn't matter at this point because we're potentially months away from release and I shouldn't need to say this but... what everyone can see and play in v.9B is basically 98% of what the final version looks like. I designed and laid out the Edicts from the start to finish all the way to the final boss. And the final boss is accessible right away after beating Level 4 because Level 5 is only the final boss and no other rooms. All the Edicts unlocked in Level 2 and 3, are not meant to be completely enacted in a normal playthrough before Level 4. Through playing each Alpha Build, someone might be able to enact everything! But this is by far not how a normal playthrough is intended to be, because in the final product, there is no such thing as a Level forever staying in Anarchy, allowing the player unlimited time to purchase everything outside of Secretary Mode.

And also, as another aside, I've been receiving messages from supporters apologizing to me that they have to cancel their subscription because they need to save up money for the retail version. Don't be sorry! In fact, I've been encouraging everyone who needs to save up money to cancel their subscription, and I should be the one thanking you for supporting us! If you need to save up money for the full release, please, please do so. Don't feel guilty or whatever about it!

Anyway, back to the Progress Report! The asides have been even longer than the Progress Report so far! So the plan for this week is... isssss..............

Oh no. It's time for another aside, and for me to clarify what I meant by a storm is coming earlier in this post. So there is supposed to be a big storm, a big windy, watery storm coming tonight after midnight that is supposed to have a risk of causing floods and power outages. After a summer of weather related trauma, we got through all of September without a single incident, and almost, ALMOST got through October with nothing. Sigh, well... I hope tonight/tomorrow's storm and potential flooding isn't going to be so bad. If the storm ends up being bad then welp, Tuesday is going to be clean up day again. And I hope Tuesday doesn't need to be clean up day.

But regardless of what happens tonight with this storm, I've actually marked on my calendar a long time ago to take this Friday and potentially the weekend off for a break. Because an eroge that I have been looking forward to for months is coming out! Which is 魔王城Re:ビルド! by Astronauts! This is basically going to be my first break in months, and I have been really looking forward to it! So please Mother Nature, even if you want to flood the city again or whatever, please don't destroy the power or Internet. Please... I just want to make eroges and play eroges...

So, the plan for this week before the weekend break is to work on the Level 5 boss fight details and stuff around it, maybe even start writing up some of the dialogue if I got the time. It's a busy busy time, and I can't believe October is almost over, but at the same time I'm freaking stroked that October is almost over so that I can take a break and play some eroge. With that all said, I hope everyone stays safe and dry, and see you all last week!
added on the subreddit of the game

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Back with more questions :p about two edicts this time:

1. Unarmed Attack Training 2 adds "+30% Unarmed Attack Speed" - what does that do in a turn-based game? Does that affect the "chance to act before the enemy" thingy (like Agility does)?
2. Defensive Upgrade 4 says "Max Counterattacks +1" - what does THAT do? Counter more than once per enemy attack? Is there some sort of soft cap on how many times you can counter in a turn, with this stat increasing it? Something else entirely?

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
Back with more questions :p about two edicts this time:

1. Unarmed Attack Training 2 adds "+30% Unarmed Attack Speed" - what does that do in a turn-based game? Does that affect the "chance to act before the enemy" thingy (like Agility does)?
2. Defensive Upgrade 4 says "Max Counterattacks +1" - what does THAT do? Counter more than once per enemy attack? Is there some sort of soft cap on how many times you can counter in a turn, with this stat increasing it? Something else entirely?
1. when she's unarmed she's going to do actual damage (for those who are not dependant of the Halberd)
2. It adds +1 Counter attac when on Focus or Counter Attack stance (For pure maiden runs or total attack sadist)

Not everything in KP's is fucking, lad. You need to weed undesirables to get her fav dick to preg her.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I feel like I am not quite getting it.
I get the base mechanics and have so far cleared level 1 and 2, but it seems like it just gets harder and harder due to the passives. The mental abilities barely scratch the desires and they shoot up so fast, you start loosing stamina to the assault actions of the enemies, which happen often due to the sheer number of enemies there are in every single battle. The pleasure skyrockets and sometimes you loose when she comes, sometimes not.
People also say there are "slut-builds", but I don't see it. Sometimes enemies get defeated "sexually", but its just something that seems to happen randomly when they either come on their own or a sex scene gets triggered. I don't seem to have any ability to actively trigger the sex scenes. The only sexual ability I have is to stare at them, at which point she mocks them and the enemies pleasure decreases, which is the oposite of a sexual win.
Also the side activities can be hard to figure out. The floor 2 bathroom is obviously a gloryhole scene, but I can't get it to actually trigger. She just sits there and I can make her masturbate but nothing happens. It just says people are entering the stalls and leaving, but nothing happens.
Also I don't know if you can actually influence what happens in some of those scenes. I enjoyed the mug-scene in the bar, but recently they stopped doing anything with the mug and just had sex normally

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I feel like I am not quite getting it.
I get the base mechanics and have so far cleared level 1 and 2, but it seems like it just gets harder and harder due to the passives. The mental abilities barely scratch the desires and they shoot up so fast, you start loosing stamina to the assault actions of the enemies, which happen often due to the sheer number of enemies there are in every single battle. The pleasure skyrockets and sometimes you loose when she comes, sometimes not.
People also say there are "slut-builds", but I don't see it. Sometimes enemies get defeated "sexually", but its just something that seems to happen randomly when they either come on their own or a sex scene gets triggered. I don't seem to have any ability to actively trigger the sex scenes. The only sexual ability I have is to stare at them, at which point she mocks them and the enemies pleasure decreases, which is the oposite of a sexual win.
Also the side activities can be hard to figure out. The floor 2 bathroom is obviously a gloryhole scene, but I can't get it to actually trigger. She just sits there and I can make her masturbate but nothing happens. It just says people are entering the stalls and leaving, but nothing happens.
Also I don't know if you can actually influence what happens in some of those scenes. I enjoyed the mug-scene in the bar, but recently they stopped doing anything with the mug and just had sex normally
You're basically not deep enough (heh) into the corruption route yet, if Karryn performs like 15 blowjobs (I'm just guessing, don't know the actual number) she unlocks the blowjob skill, you do that with every sex skill to unlock them. The gloryhole and every minigame has a reputation system, at low rep basically nothing happens or you get few customers, but at higher reps you get people actively using the gloryhole (Which you can ignore) or full-house at the waitress minigame. Game's really grindy and you need to repeat activities a bunch of times to see everything, also read the tutorial NPC dialogue to understand the combat system better.

Old Hentai

Jan 1, 2020
That's sad, kinda thought floor 4 would get a bunch of cool shit added, but I guess we're more or less playing the finished game minus the ending.
Will be fine, this game changed the "rules" and probable lots of devs will take notes, we will have a new project from that team someday, but im sure some people will make more mods and stuff for Karryn's Prison, this just started.

Reactions: kootakbek

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, for the combat / pure builds (my experience for a while ago in the .9A build, not sure if any of this has changed with .9B) you really need to get / focus on getting the extra attack types. This was on warden difficulty, and getting the tier 2 attacks and their upgrades makes a massive difference in defeating the enemies fast.

It's fairly easy to get hit with a massive difficulty spike on level 3, which you noticed, so it can be good to grind a bit before finishing level 2. You have something like 30 days (IIRC) before you get punished for not finishing a level, so you have some time.

Getting the endurance titles and certain equipment does a lot too, endurance titles gives more stamina regen. Items can do the same and give energy regen.

Know which enemies to focus on to avoid trouble. Generally, it's high damage enemies and buffing enemies, so the orcs, lizardmen, and thugs. Prisoners, goblins, nerds, and (depending on the edicts you've gotten) guards are lower priority. Lizards buff each other depending on the number of them in the fight and orcs boost all enemies defense.

As for losing when she comes "randomly", that's the energy bar. If you run out of energy you lose stamina per turn instead of regenerating it. Getting the willpower skills to restore energy is basically a must for any build, since it lets you delay that lose condition a lot longer (old versions it was basically impossible to lose with it, but it get nerfed). Getting the resist orgasm willpower skill can help with sex builds, but also general builds as well. It lets you prevent orgasms until an amount based off your mind stat (IIRC), which can prevent energy loss leading to losing a battle if you're really close to winning.

Honestly, slut builds I find far easier to win with since even without the sex skills, it's easier to beat off higher level enemies than fight them just with them jerking off and eventually using sex acts before you get your own sex skills.

Reactions: blubbernub25

dsp0

Jul 29, 2018
This would be kind of defeating the point of lewd game, but I'm curious. Has someone attempted to get through the game through violence only / primarily on the high difficulty? It seems that by level 2 or 3 it would be impossible to keep the desires in check. I am also not sure what all the lewd titles do to the damage output as at least a few of them indicate a reduction.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
This would be kind of defeating the point of lewd game, but I'm curious. Has someone attempted to get through the game through violence only / primarily on the high difficulty? It seems that by level 2 or 3 it would be impossible to keep the desires in check. I am also not sure what all the lewd titles do to the damage output as at least a few of them indicate a reduction.
Yeah, you can beat the game on Prisoner Mode via fighting. One of the most important things is, having a high MInd Stat. The higher this Stat, the more effective lowering Desires is and the Damage is higher with Ki. A lot of people tend to rush before they get to many passives but once you know what you are doing, you can actually take your time.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
A lot of people tend to rush before they get to many passives but once you know what you are doing, you can actually take your time.
I really would like to see a LP video (or some kind of detailed guide) once the game goes gold on how to proceed about that. At the moment, I just can't wrap my head around a non-slutty non-rushing Prisoner run. Still, I fully believe you that nothing is impossible to some determined and experienced players. To the modest me, it would be educational and appreciated for sure.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I really would like to see a LP video (or some kind of detailed guide) once the game goes gold on how to proceed about that. At the moment, I just can't wrap my head around a non-slutty non-rushing Prisoner run. Still, I fully believe you that nothing is impossible to some determined and experienced players. To the modest me, it would be educational and appreciated for sure.
There is a very detailed in-game guide already in place, with all the combat mechanics thoroughly explained. The sex mechanics are purposefully underexplained, just to reflect the MCs naivety in this regard. Additionally, the Edict tree has full descriptions of what does what. The best way to learn how to play the game is by playing it.

A non-rushed non-slutty Prisoner Mode will be almost impossible to pull off in the final version. You will be penalized for taking your time by increasing control decay from unsubjugated floors, while at the same time the inmates and guards will be working their balls off to make a slut out of Karryn. And there are financial and managerial incentives encouraging sexualized approach to problems in the Prison. Which, again, is what the game is all about: a proud woman in position of authority turned whore.

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Well, I already did a day by day guide for Edicts way back. No ofc that one is outdated and only was focused on Edicts, but sure I could do one again. Now we are also getting to the point, in which a detailed guide makes more sence, since the game is 98% done and nothing should change that much anymore.

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes