4.90 star(s) 106 Votes

Morgul Xen

Fledgeling Vampire
Donor
Mar 27, 2019
All 6 stories or??

For me the worst one that made me cry the most was "Emi's Path", I just love that girl.
I've only played Hanakos route, caus I can relate to her in a small way. I read a comment on here about Lily's route being really good, but I nearly threw up reading their comment so I'm gonna take a break from this game for a bit.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I've only played Hanakos route, caus I can relate to her in a small way. I read a comment on here about Lily's route being really good, but I nearly threw up reading their comment so I'm gonna take a break from this game for a bit.
Take your time and remember even though they all are at the same place and you meet all of them there stories must be done in your own way.

Each story has its pro's and con's and all the girls stories will in some way break your hart, that is if you have one. :giggle: ;) :love:

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
This is the Visual Novel that entered me into the world of Visual Novels. I still remember starting it on a whim on an aeroplane in 2012, saving after 68 minutes, and being like "This is awesome! I want more of this!". a truly great story that still stands as the greatest western made Visual Novel of all time. a true classic. hope every one plays it :)

PS: My favorite girls were Hanako and Lilly :)

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
This has probably already been asked (forgive me for not having quite enough patience to scroll through 14 more pages of posts), but is there anyway to get a proper fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor? Everytime I use the fullscreen option it stretches out the 4:3 image so it looks all weird and squashed.
On other fronts, having jsut started the VN I can't really rate it comprehensively yet, but what I see so far I like. The premise is outstanding, and honestly I wish I'd read the reviews the first time I came across this one last year. I'd have tried it sooner. I'm liking the idea of a VN with an actual heart rather than just run in , bang em and leave em hangin. More like dating real girls in real life, which gets me a lot more interested, especially since they remind me of some of the girls I used to know myself.
Nicely done so far, 4LS. I look forward to exploring this one.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
This has probably already been asked (forgive me for not having quite enough patience to scroll through 14 more pages of posts), but is there anyway to get a proper fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor? Everytime I use the fullscreen option it stretches out the 4:3 image so it looks all weird and squashed.
On other fronts, having jsut started the VN I can't really rate it comprehensively yet, but what I see so far I like. The premise is outstanding, and honestly I wish I'd read the reviews the first time I came across this one last year. I'd have tried it sooner. I'm liking the idea of a VN with an actual heart rather than just run in , bang em and leave em hangin. More like dating real girls in real life, which gets me a lot more interested, especially since they remind me of some of the girls I used to know myself.
Nicely done so far, 4LS. I look forward to exploring this one.
I have a Dell 16:9 monitor and have no problems with it set to the max of 1920 x 1080.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Mine's a 32" Sanyo LCD tv, set on 1600x900. It has 1920x1080 available, but on that setting the windows fonts and texts are so sharp they hurt. Was hoping there was a setting I'd missed or a mod to set the game's resolution to match that of the monitor. Or maybe should have grabbed it fromhere instead of directr from the dev site but i thought i'd be nice :-/

Lynn

May 21, 2017
Unfortunately you cannot change the resolution settings of the game, probably because the art itself is not high-res. So, unless you want to plug your good old 4:3 TV that we all keep in our bedroom when we want to take the PS1 out of the drawer, you'll have to play with the initial size or deal with the squashing in fullscreen.
Maybe you can fiddle with the display if you're tech savvy, or find other tech savvies that have done it, but don't expect a clean result.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Mine's a 32" Sanyo LCD tv, set on 1600x900. It has 1920x1080 available, but on that setting the windows fonts and texts are so sharp they hurt. Was hoping there was a setting I'd missed or a mod to set the game's resolution to match that of the monitor. Or maybe should have grabbed it fromhere instead of directr from the dev site but i thought i'd be nice :-/
You might try 1280 x 720 it may work for you.
1080p is standard for most tv's and the normal settings for it is 1920 x 1080.

Your tv should have several standard resolution that you can use that will work.

1080p

1920x1080. 1920x1080, also known as 1080p, is currently the standard screen resolution for modern computing, and the most popular resolution for gamers. If you're buying a new screen, you're doing yourself a disservice buying anything with a resolution below 1080p.Dec 3, 2019

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
INdeed, I finally dug out the tv remote from the bottom shelf of my desk and fiddled with the screen settings. I finally got it in 4:3 letterbox, and it looks great.
On other news, I decided to try the hardest path first so I jsut finished Hanako's a few minutes ago. All I can say is, MAN these guys can write! Feels train is pretty real, but the ending was worth all the work. Amazing game.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Pagol1

Oct 5, 2018
Does the pre-alpha version work on macOS Mojave?
I keep getting errors while trying to run the executable or while building distributions with Ren'Py SDK.
Any help would be appreciated.

Seems to work well enough with Wine.

Last edited:

XBAUGH

Mar 29, 2020
Still pretty new to VNs, was suggested this game last week... wow. Couldn't stop playing, did a different girl every day. Went with Shizune first since the game throws her and Misha at you a lot in the opening. Thought it was really good, but by the end it was one of the worst (nowhere near bad though). Lilly 's and Emi's paths made me cry, Hanako's was very emotional too. Rin's path got ruined for me by how they made the MC.

Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin (though a better MC would probably move Rin ahead of Hanako)

Tyrantnyx

Mar 2, 2018
Still pretty new to VNs, was suggested this game last week... wow. Couldn't stop playing, did a different girl every day. Went with Shizune first since the game throws her and Misha at you a lot in the opening. Thought it was really good, but by the end it was one of the worst (nowhere near bad though). Lilly 's and Emi's paths made me cry, Hanako's was very emotional too. Rin's path got ruined for me by how they made the MC.

Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin (though a better MC would probably move Rin ahead of Hanako)
Did you only go for the good endings? If so, you should give Rin's normal ending a shot, it leaves more of an impact than her good ending, at least for me.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

For me it was Emi > Lilly > Shizune > Hanako and then Rin. I to think Rin's story would have been better with a better MC story.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did you only go for the good endings? If so, you should give Rin's normal ending a shot, it leaves more of an impact than her good ending, at least for me.
You have to do all endings to complete 100% anyway and I have done them all.
I agree with doing all the stories to get the full picture of what the VN is all about.
Rin's story would have been better with a better MC story to go along with her.

XBAUGH

Mar 29, 2020
I used the walkthrough to make saves where necessary, and 100%ed the game. All the girls are great, Rin is probably better than Shizune as is, but just how they made the MC react to things in her path had me yelling at my screen a few times. Which, like I said, kinda ruined it for me. Hanako's path had a few minor instances of it, and, even with many clues about it, he never seems to figure out Emi's dad died in the car accident.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 106 Votes