4.90 star(s) 99 Votes

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I'm trying this, am on the Emi route (although I probably wouldn't choose her if given a choice). Around 2-3 hours in. It feels a bit stagnant. Am I just not the target audience, or does it pick up?

I should add that I wasn't looking for a quick fap, lol. I watched A Silent Voice (amazing movie) and looked for a similarly heart wrenching experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roche3945

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
I'm trying this, am on the Emi route (although I probably wouldn't choose her if given a choice). Around 2-3 hours in. It feels a bit stagnant. Am I just not the target audience, or does it pick up?

I should add that I wasn't looking for a quick fap, lol. I watched A Silent Voice (amazing movie) and looked for a similarly heart wrenching experience.
Well, the 'problem' with the Emi-route is that at first it is rather smooth, but you can expect things to get a bit more dramatic.

Also, i generally suggest at least considering to use the flowchart to see different endings for the girls even after seeing one of their endings... i personally did so for 2 of the girl's stories from the get-go after playing a while (reading it suggested somewhere) aiming for the bad endings first. Made all the endings, good or bad, more impactful for me.

Paradoxikal

Oct 18, 2018
I played Katawa Shoujo sometime around it's release as a wee lad and it was my first ever visual novel, and I have been hooked on playing more ever since. Sadly, none have ever touched my heart quite like this game has and I remember I even got mild depression after finishing all the routes because I just wanted to see the girls more. This game is also the reason why in any game that allows you to name the MC, I have always named them Hisao or Hisao Satou for Lilly's last name. Absolute masterpiece of fiction.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I played Katawa Shoujo sometime around it's release as a wee lad and it was my first ever visual novel, and I have been hooked on playing more ever since. Sadly, none have ever touched my heart quite like this game has and I remember I even got mild depression after finishing all the routes because I just wanted to see the girls more. This game is also the reason why in any game that allows you to name the MC, I have always named them Hisao or Hisao Satou for Lilly's last name. Absolute masterpiece of fiction.
The girls really grow on you more than any other game, the only one that comes close is Lisa from Big Brother.

Juice86

Jan 13, 2023
Ehhhh I don't get how this "game" ended up as a solid 5 unless the reviews are being curated like crazy.

The girls are nice and unique and interesting but the MC is booooooorrrinnnggg as wet paper and pretty insufferable. Barely managed to finish Lilly's path just for the sake of seeing her ending but I couldn't stand MC a second longer to re-play any of the others. Bleh
The MC's in these games are rarely the highlight. It's meant to be a vessel you play through and it's the easier character to forgive shortcomings. Even in Lessons in love, my fav game, the MC is a bit of a jackass. But nonetheless it doesn't take away from me loving the game.

Infact I struggle to think of a H-game with a very compelling protag...I don't think it's that important. They just have to be mildly relatable. The girls and paths are way way more important.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
The MC's in these games are rarely the highlight. It's meant to be a vessel you play through and it's the easier character to forgive shortcomings. Even in Lessons in love, my fav game, the MC is a bit of a jackass. But nonetheless it doesn't take away from me loving the game.

Infact I struggle to think of a H-game with a very compelling protag...I don't think it's that important. They just have to be mildly relatable. The girls and paths are way way more important.
Eh Hisao has some characteristics that make him differ a bit from other h protagonists of that era, he ain’t a total blank vessel.
For example the game floats around some of his flaws, such as his stubbornness of being a sort of white knight in the relationship with the girls, which pushes him to lose them if he doesn’t understand.

Partomatic

Aug 9, 2019
Ehhhh I don't get how this "game" ended up as a solid 5 unless the reviews are being curated like crazy.

The girls are nice and unique and interesting but the MC is booooooorrrinnnggg as wet paper and pretty insufferable. Barely managed to finish Lilly's path just for the sake of seeing her ending but I couldn't stand MC a second longer to re-play any of the others. Bleh
I gave it less than 5 stars and my review was deleted. The girls were okay but not amazing. There was some drama for the sake of drama. But good lord that MC, he is a certified spineless loser.

Alumi13

Jul 6, 2019
View attachment 13722

Overview:
Katawa Shoujo is a bishoujo-style visual novel set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located somewhere in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy living a normal life, has his life turned upside down when a congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends—and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right. There are five main paths corresponding to the 5 main female characters, each path following the storyline pertaining to that character.
Thread Updated: 2017-08-12
Release Date: 2012-01-04
Developer: - -
Publishers: Four Leaf Studios, Kawa Soft, & Honyaku-Subs
Censored: No
Version: 1.3.1 (Final)
Language: English, Français, Español Internacional, 日本語
Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Intallation:

Walkthrough
DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - MEGA 2 - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: MEGA - MEGA 2 - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Linux x86: MEGA - MEGA 2 - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

HD Pack Pre-Patched: - - - -

RELATED PROJECTS

Extras: Misha route -

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
View attachment 13950 View attachment 13951 View attachment 13952 View attachment 13953 View attachment 13954 View attachment 13955 View attachment 13956 View attachment 13957 View attachment 13958 View attachment 13959 View attachment 13960 View attachment 13961 View attachment 13962 View attachment 13963 View attachment 13964
Didn't know we had this here. Played this game a veryvery long time ago and Rin's route destroyed me so hard, I got katawa dick for 1 month

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Didn't know we had this here. Played this game a veryvery long time ago and Rin's route destroyed me so hard, I got katawa dick for 1 month
All of the stories had a profound effect on me too.

Reactions: FFTW

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
is there a harem route?
There is 5 (6) different stories in this one VN and each one is separate from the other as per girl.
A lot of the story for each girl is connected threw out the VN but there still separate from each other.

There is a story with on of the guys in this but its not sexual of any kind.

5 girls story and 1 guy story and there all in the same VN but with separate stories but still connected to each other.
4 of the 5 girl stories have good, bad and neutral endings.
Wont spoil the guy story for you.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Do I understand it correctly that a single point with Shizuka locks me out of Hanako and Lilly's routes?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Do I understand it correctly that a single point with Shizuka locks me out of Hanako and Lilly's routes?
There is 5 main stories in this 1 VN and at some point it does lock you into the one girl you do the most with.
To get all 5 stories you need to use the walkthrough and branch off when it tells you to.
Just remember each girl has 3 different ending with one of the girls only having 2.

When you come to the first choice in this game you should make a save so you don't have to go through the beginning again.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
nm I think I've found it.
Which is important because being friendly with Shizuka at all locks you out of the Hanako and Lilly branch. Will test though.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes