3.50 star(s) 37 Votes
May 4, 2017
There were complaints yes, and what did our dev here do, he reduced the amount of updates per month from 4 to 2 and he put the content of 2 updates maybe 1.5 in the 1 update. So what has changed is the amount of time he releases a month and the content you ask? Well the content is the same amount as before if not a bit reduced, but this way it seems like it's more content and people ate it all up. I've come to realize is that these patreon games, not just this one but all of them aren't really worth it, 10$, 20$, 30$ a month, some cases 50$ and 100$ that is just ridiculous, the amount of triple A games I could buy, hell I could upgrade my PC 10 times over, with how much I've spent on these games. You're being robbed people open your eyes.

3Diddlyf95zone

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
There were complaints yes, and what did our dev here do, he reduced the amount of updates per month from 4 to 2 and he put the content of 2 updates maybe 1.5 in the 1 update. So what has changed is the amount of time he releases a month and the content you ask? Well the content is the same amount as before if not a bit reduced, but this way it seems like it's more content and people ate it all up. I've come to realize is that these patreon games, not just this one but all of them aren't really worth it, 10$, 20$, 30$ a month, some cases 50$ and 100$ that is just ridiculous, the amount of triple A games I could buy, hell I could upgrade my PC 10 times over, with how much I've spent on these games. You're being robbed people open your eyes.
Buddy, if you bothered to read my post I specified that the content would be the exact same quantity. If people don't like the amount I'm producing, they can delete their pledge. My patrons voted for 2x per month when I clearly stated that the total amount of content will not be changed per month.

Please do go ahead, and buy your triple A games that are worth your money. No one is stopping you.

D

Deleted member 42683

@3Diddlyf95zone

Question for you my man. By same quantity you mean that it's is 2 weeks worth put into the updates now? For example it's as if we would be getting 1.11 and 1.12 at once or it's the same as getting just 1.11 but now we wait 2 weeks

3Diddlyf95zone

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
@3Diddlyf95zone

Question for you my man. By same quantity you mean that it's is 2 weeks worth put into the updates now? For example it's as if we would be getting 1.11 and 1.12 at once or it's the same as getting just 1.11 but now we wait 2 weeks
Yes, but sometimes with a bit less CG and more story, as voted for by the majority of my patrons. About 35% of my patrons wanted 1 short update per week, but most still preferred 2 medium sized updates per month.

D

Deleted member 42683

Yes, but sometimes with a bit less CG and more story, as voted for by the majority of my patrons. About 35% of my patrons wanted 1 short update per week, but most still preferred 2 medium sized updates per month.
Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work and don't listen to these clowns. Take it as a compliment if anything, people care because they just want more of what you're putting out there

May 4, 2017
Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work and don't listen to these clowns. Take it as a compliment if anything, people care because they just want more of what you're putting out there
He means same amount of content as when they were 4 updates and sometimes even less twice a month now.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
He means same amount of content as when they were 4 updates and sometimes even less twice a month now.
I think he was very clear. The only reduction of CG content per month may be because his patrons would like more story content per scene, and is completely unrelated to the frequency of updates.

May 4, 2017
Buddy, if you bothered to read my post I specified that the content would be the exact same quantity. If people don't like the amount I'm producing, they can delete their pledge. My patrons voted for 2x per month when I clearly stated that the total amount of content will not be changed per month.

Please do go ahead, and buy your triple A games that are worth your money. No one is stopping you.
And do you actually think that a Visual Novel, not finished one at that is worth 10$, 20$, 30$ etc. etc. a month? it barely amounts down to an hour of reading what you do every month, when there are actual visual novels 50+ hours that cost 10-30 $ and you only pay once for them, and then you say that what you do is not robbing people give me a break. I'm not doing this for me I'm doing it for consumers. People are being robbed and they go along with it.

Reactions: BigBenne and boat#2

3Diddlyf95zone

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
And do you actually think that a Visual Novel, not finished one at that is worth 10$, 20$, 30$ etc. etc. a month? it barely amounts down to an hour of reading what you do every month, when there are actual visual novels 50+ hours that cost 10-30 $ and you only pay once for them, and then you say that what you do is not robbing people give me a break. I'm not doing this for me I'm doing it for consumers. People are being robbed and they go along with it.
Bud, I dunno how much you think I get paid, but I'm not a millionaire. This is a side job, and to be honest, people like you are starting to affect me. I haven't been in the game making business for long, but the constant complaints do take a toll on me. I spend a lot of effort to create the best content I can make, and that's that. If people support me, it's not because I'm producing enough content to match a large company. They support me because they like what I do. If you don't like what I do, that's fine. I'm not forcing you to like me. So please, go and buy games that are worth your money.

D

Deleted member 42683

That's their own choice tho. I don't disagree that a $20 dollar price point is a lot for an update but nobody's forcing you to donate

Reactions: madbloke and Batdog
D

Deleted member 42683

You could do the $1 a month and still get every update, albeit much later than others

May 4, 2017
Bud, I dunno how much you think I get paid, but I'm not a millionaire. This is a side job, and to be honest, people like you are starting to affect me. I haven't been in the game making business for long, but the constant complaints do take a toll on me. I spend a lot of effort to create the best content I can make, and that's that. If people support me, it's not because I'm producing enough content to match a large company. They support me because they like what I do. If you don't like what I do, that's fine. I'm not forcing you to like me. So please, go and buy games that are worth your money.
I am a necessary evil buddy, If I don't speak up on this what's gonna happen next, 50$ lowest price for an update a 100$? And people will go along with it If nobody speaks up because people like to conform.

D

Deleted member 42683

BTW you're really going at the wrong guy here. This is a game that's consistent in getting updates. Be mad at the other guys that take the same amounts of money or more and don't even update their games (looking at you P and P)

May 4, 2017
BTW you're really going at the wrong guy here. This is a game that's consistent in getting updates. Be mad at the other guys that take the same amounts of money or more and don't even update their games (looking at you P and P)
I've made some noise on that thread as well, most of the people there have deleted their pledges but there are still some that don't see the error of their ways, however back when they were releasing every 2-3 months they were releasing good quality content and their highest price tier is 15$, whereas 3D's content has one of the lowest content quality out there and he still has a 30$ tier and a 50$ one I believe. It is not worth it.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I think you are missing the point. AAA games like the standard FPS games sell lots and lots of copies, so they can be sold cheaply and still make enough profit to support a large production team. Games like this are niche and typically only have 500 patrons or so. Therefore they have to be more expensive even to cover a one man team. The patrons are paying for content they can't get in any other way (except I suppose through sites like this one).

Reactions: madbloke
3.50 star(s) 37 Votes