3.50 star(s) 37 Votes

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
I stopped supporting him because he's one of the few creators (or the only one) that purged his game after the Patreon's new rules bullshit. And I mean cut content and dialogues. A good example of how to bend over without thinking.
Sadly, I stopped monetarily supporting too.

Reactions: Arcane666

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
no,i'd just did what patreon said - no forbidden content one the page.
don't apply for a lawyer,you are bad at it.
Really, which game are you developing? Let me report your game to Patreon for incest and beastiality and let's see if they will ban you or not. Then we'll see which one of us is a better lawyer.

I don't know if you really read Patreon guideline; "We have zero tolerance when it comes to the glorification of sexual violence which includes bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors). This is true for illustrated, animated, or any other type of content.... We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish content, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex."

As you can see, Patreon does not only prevents devs from including the forbidden content to the front page; it covers all "illustrated, animated, or any other type of content" i.e. all the output the developer publish.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Really, which game are you developing? Let me report your game to Patreon for incest and beastiality and let's see if they will ban you or not. Then we'll see which one of us is a better lawyer.

I don't know if you really read Patreon guideline; "We have zero tolerance when it comes to the glorification of sexual violence which includes bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors). This is true for illustrated, animated, or any other type of content.... We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish content, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish content that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex."

As you can see, Patreon does not only prevents devs from including the forbidden content to the front page; it covers all "illustrated, animated, or any other type of content" i.e. all the output the developer publish.
as i said - don't.play.lawyer.you.are.bad.at.it.
if nothing fobidden is mentioned on the PATREON page/posts,then you don't break any rules. hosting actual content (game/art) it on mega or somewhere else IS OUT OF PATREON JURISDICTION. i.e. NOT.ON.PATREON. as far as patreon content goes,you are clear.
any SJW cunt in power can fuk you up if they so desire you don't even need to break any rule.
patreon is already bein' hypocrite on this by allowing AGOT,lolita or any similar content on their site,when it clearly goes against thier "guidelines"
as an example - devs already have been banned from patron,but were unbanned after removing everyhting from PATREON,but the actual content was UNCHANGED.
again don't.play.lawyer. you are not him.

Last edited:

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Perhaps you should do your research before you act all smug towards others.

Some developers had it worse then others. It seems like it all depends on the moderator assigned to review the content.

MrDotts (Dmd) just changed the public name on Patreon and removed the Daughter word and cleaned up some posts but seemed to have been left alone otherwise.

Faerin (Man of the House) on the other hand has posted on this very forum that he was told by Patreon to change his game content before his suspension was lifted. Thus his game now has Claire (Mom) and 2 house-mates (the sisters).

Irredeemable (Teacher's Pets) also had it worse leaving him to delete all his posts on his Patreon page to get his ban lifted. You can read some of his troubles

And as said before, some of these developers earn a living wage from Patreon and really have zero protection (no union, no labor laws, ...)

drud

Aug 29, 2017

Some developers had it worse then others. It seems like it all depends on the moderator assigned to review the content.

MrDotts (Dmd) just changed the public name on Patreon and removed the Daughter word and cleaned up some posts but seemed to have been left alone otherwise.

Faerin (Man of the House) on the other hand has posted on this very forum that he was told by Patreon to change his game content before his suspension was lifted. Thus his game now has Claire (Mom) and 2 house-mates (the sisters).

Irredeemable (Teacher's Pets) also had it worse leaving him to delete all his posts on his Patreon page to get his ban lifted. You can read some of his troubles

And as said before, some of these developers earn a living wage from Patreon and really have zero protection (no union, no labor laws, ...)
While i do agree with you, from the quoted tos for patreon, the content only applies to what is posted on their site, not whats in the game itself, any real lawyer could win this in court if they actually wanted to go through the hassle. Sucks that devs got targeted and they changed alot of stuff to agree with the new tos, but really the games could stay the same, just the content and posts to patreon would need to be changed based on their own wording of the tos. At least from what was quoted and posted a few posts up.

Edit: just read through the community guidelines and tos, and from their wording, its pretty dam unclear but from the way everything is worded you technically could do exactly what i just said, but patreon would still technically be in the right if they banned you, just because of a couple of other ways they worded a few things they pretty much have the right to ban anyone they want with little repercussion on their part, despite them stating that they use JAMS they could still win in court with this, if anyone was really serious about making anykind of impactful business decision i would stay clear of patreon, they pretty much own the content you upload on there also, way to sketchy if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DracoBorealis

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
...the content only applies to what is posted on their site, not whats in the game itself...
While the newer ToC may state one thing, a number of creators have been directly told something else by the people responsible for determining if/when the creator's account is to be unfrozen. As the creator needs to satisfy those peoples requirements to achieve the outcome the creator wants then the creator either does as asked or looks for another way to generate income.

... any real lawyer could win this in court if they actually wanted to go through the hassle.
What independent creator in their right mind (who's using P-ron as a main income source) would get into a legal battle with a company that keeps lawyers on their pay-roll (either directly or via retainer).

The first thing that company would do is freeze the creator's account thus a reduction in income which would make paying for anything including lawyers fees (for those creators living in Legal Regions that don't follow the loser pays for everything model) more difficult. It becomes even more complex and expensive if the creator and the company aren't in the same Legal Region.

drud

Aug 29, 2017
While the newer ToC may state one thing, a number of creators have been directly told something else by the people responsible for determining if/when the creator's account is to be unfrozen. As the creator needs to satisfy those peoples requirements to achieve the outcome the creator wants then the creator either does as asked or looks for another way to generate income.

What independent creator in their right mind (who's using P-ron as a main income source) would get into a legal battle with a company that keeps lawyers on their pay-roll (either directly or via retainer).

The first thing that company would do is freeze the creator's account thus a reduction in income which would make paying for anything including lawyers fees (for those creators living in Legal Regions that don't follow the loser pays for everything model) more difficult. It becomes even more complex and expensive if the creator and the company aren't in the same Legal Region.
If i was an independent creator i would never use patreon after reading their tos/community guidelines, the whole thing screams the possibility of you getting fucked over no matter what kind of content you make, rather its art, games, etc. patreon can just say fuck it and take everything away and be able to legally claim whatever content that was posted on their site as their own rather than it being yours the creator. So even if you did go through the process of legal action your getting fucked at the end anyway. Not a good service imo, but not everyone can setup a way for people to privately fund them while at the same time spreading the word about their content like patreon does, its a double edge sword. And im really surprised there's not more talk about this and how crappy their tos is because i could of sworn a few years ago something similar was going on with patreons at the times updated tos.

Edit, last post on this here cause i dont want to spam when this is about the game, not patreon.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2017
Looking at everyone's points, I see where everyone is coming from, both sides. The good points, bad points, invalid ones and just not aware points. As an independent person who does dev work on a different place( not disclosing), I have so many terms of services that I have to stay aware of and up to date with because many other Devs have been royally bent over for a violation when there has actually been no violation, all it can take is another user getting either butt hurt are have one of those days and bam, a developer gets banned, their products get disabled and their account does, and here's the worst part, WE pay to be able to create stuff! Now there are many valid points here when it comes to that, however, there is a huge grey area as well and it can become muddy and hard as hell to see what's a violation and what's not. So many times there is also no grace period to change something to meet the demands of TOS and trying to keep you're product on the shelf so to speak. The matter does become a give and take, and legal action, while it would be what most( dev's included) think should be done, it's rather hard to get the right legal representation, or a lawyer willing to take any case involving tos disputes. That in mind, finding one that would be willing to take a legal battle to a site in order to produce and distribute X-rated games and illustrations is even more of a difficult task. In a fair world, especially on the net, it would be a cake walk to have a lawyer be a mouth piece and fight for you're right, however, it is not a perfect world and many times it's an uphill battle to be able to freely put out, whatever fucked up stuff you want to put out. Now as I stated, There's a lot of points made on this and it is in many posts in many game threads and some are good, some I've read make no valid sense, but fact of the matter is, it's not all cut and dry when dealing with TOS of any site, I mean hey, I try to stay up to date on the TOS of this very site as well. Now I'm sorry for the wall of text here and I'ts gotta be the most I've said in one shot but, it had to be said

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ok so my take on this new update was it was pretty light however I am going to forgive most devs right now due to Patreon going full Cuck and all the sudden trying to become the Inquisition but I just wanted to give my two cents on the thin update this was but we will see.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017

as i said,any1 with power can do the fuk they want. and they do,as you see. this "guideline" is full of loopholes for both sides.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
-Keep your Patreon as Mr.Whatever, creator
-Make a blog to show your game without Patreon censorship
-Link to Patreon
-Post free versions of your game on your blog
-Send patreon version only to patrons via mail or whatever

Reactions: probez

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
... this "guideline" is full of loopholes for both sides.
Way back in the old days when tables were made of clay or stone (and not mystical materials like glass and metal) I had a lecturer explain to me that legal loopholes in software related (semi) legal documents like an End-User-Agreement or Term-of-Service "guideline" are almost always only ever there for the issuers benefit, because only they are able to change the said legal document at will whenever they like.

noteedays

Nov 8, 2017
So I feel like I've clicked through every option multiple times and I finally need to just up and ask. In the gallery there are several images where 'normal' brown-haired ponytail Katie is going through the various sex scenes, and for the life of me I can't get these. I either get Purity Katie who turns down absolutely everything, or full-slut Katie who's already changed her hair.

Where's this 'in-between' Katie that seems to exist in the image files but not the game?

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
The normal hair Katie sex scenes are on the manipulation/blackmail path

There is a walk-through posted one or two pages back but TL;DR explanation is that you need to do everything as if on the corruption route but go 7-6-7-6 with the TFP points (top left lips stat).

Reactions: othello

Babyfacedbull

Nov 9, 2017
Getting the "missing python27.dll" and "missing SDL2.dll" errors when I try to start the game. Any advice? I saw it mentioned earlier but nothing about a fix.

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes