4.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
It's better if I try to find out what's wrong. There are flags all around the game, using the same save really takes the fun of it.

Erized, can you post your save here so I can check it out? I am kind of curious about this problem since I never heard of anything like that.
Sure!

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
The issue was caused because Paralized characters can't use items and for some reason (!?!?) you were paralized outside Battle.

Here is the fixed save.

Reactions: Zedire

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
The issue was caused because Paralized characters can't use items and for some reason (!?!?) you were paralized outside Battle.

Here is the fixed save.
Thanks so much!

I was paralysed because I used relaxing balm which cures sprains but gives the negative affect of paralyzing the character. I'd used the balm to cure Diana's sprained ankle (outside of battle), which she'd received during the scripted goblin ambush in those tunnels (the one that pushes her off the bridge area). That was the area where Falco was suspicious that something didn't feel right, right after examining the bones which had been gnawed on, crevice too small for 'humans' to fit in, etc.

(For real, when I found that evidence and Diana says the thing about humans not being able to fit in the gap in the wall, my first thought was that it was halflings and that Falco had some sort of feral extended family living down there. :D)

Anyway, thanks again for the save fix. For a while there I thought I'd have to start the game all over again.

Keep up the great work! :)

Reactions: StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
when I found that evidence and Diana says the thing about humans not being able to fit in the gap in the wall, my first thought was that it was halflings and that Falco had some sort of feral extended family living down there.
Oh my god, HAHAHAHA! That's SO something Diana would think.
"Maybe some parent of you is living there." Hahaha.

Anyway, Relaxing Balm you said? The relaxing effect is very strong, so it must have a chance on stunning and paralising the user. I think I will put that after maybe 100 steps (walking) it ends on it's own. That should do it.

That was a very valuable feedback! Thanks man!

Reactions: Zedire

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So did anyone read ? A better name for the post would be "How to turn away anyone who's not a normie 101."

bobojungle

Sep 13, 2017
Just found an easy way to defeat yellow slime in forest after Brand camp.

You should buy a Brand Burning oil in Brand camp and use in to Diana spair.

Reactions: StalkerRoguen

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Poison is also good against him.

Actually, it's a good thing you brought that up, I was planning on weakening him since a lot of people complained.
I think reducing the HP Regen to 1% might do the trick... so he will heal 2 HP/turn, instead of 10 HP/turn.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
Where is Diana?
I'm in the part where I need to find her but the entire map is covered in darkness, I'm lost :/

TheDeadLikeMe

Feb 17, 2019
Please help with the prison!

I managed to get passed the guard and get the weapon at the end of the hall but now am stuck. Every time I try to leave I just run into him.

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
"Any other games like this?" *blushes*

I personally like The Last Sovereign, but it does not have h-artwork.

Also, I would like to suggest to the forum a "Plot-heavy" or "Story-rich" tag. Anyone knows how to do that?

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Well, thanks for taking your time for giving me insight. I am not offended, you were not rude, so there is no problem.

As for the things you listed:

1. Hit rate.
There is a formula for the HIT rate. Not many people do actually know.
HIT RATE: (80+(user.level+ user.atk-10 + user.agi-10+(user.luk/4)))
EVA RATE: (5(this may vary)+(user.level+ user.mdf-10 + user.agi-10+(user.luk/4)))

Then it's HIT - EVA = percentage of sucess of the move.

In old builds, the level did not count(Maybe that's the one you played?), so I think some people may have noticed a slight "up" in the hits ratios now.
I think I can turn up to 85 maybe... But it affects gameplay. I will have to ask my patrons before doing that.

2. Teasing.
Well, sometimes things don't go as we want. At least in the prologue, there was always a plan on you finding the ones that you spend the night, and consummaing it. The problem is that the game got too big. : P
I am planning on a re-design, and with that I will add more stuff to the actual scenes. I still would probably not put a "Full sex scene", but I am definitively planning on an actual orgasm and a senseof "finishing", instead of that raw cut that is annoying as f@ck.

As for the rape scene...
I felt like showing the thing would be more impactful. I personally don't like rape, but as the story progressed to a point... I didn't feel that it made sense they don't try anything with Diana. She is a woman, she is hot and that's what they were doing before she got there.

ALSO, your choices were not for nothing, they just didn't have impact in what you thought they did. If you got all the "provocative " choices, the captain hates you and put up the toughest defense he can. If you just leave, he will chase you into the woods and you can fight there without sacrificing Jack's friend.

3. Hunger and Injury.

The hunger is there because I felt like in RPGs, helping others is too easy. It's too easy for the Main Character and to show how GOOD he is and turn down a reward while saying that "it's okay, you guys need it more than I do".
You can do that here sometimes, but you need money to EAT and if you don't eat, is game over. In turning this into a mechanic, it helps me with the narrative. You may not like it, and it MAY need some adjustments, but it does serve it's purpose.
Its also important for a plotwise reason. Zack comments that the Ambulemus is the "try not dying from hunger travel", which is true because when one becomes a Rinet, their system starts to work and digest nutrients faster.

As for the wounds, I wanted to punish players for KOs, but not withdrawing experience(I personally find it more annoying). I wanted the fighting to feel serious and you to be able to get hurt. You have to take care... that's it really. You f@ck up, you need money to heal.

You may want to offer a counterpoint to that, and while I will listen, I will not be taking them out. I may tune it down, reduce the penalties for some injuries, maybe make the food reduce more hunger, but thats it really. I want to make the game like that and if it will cost me, then it will cost me. I want the players to think about surviving.

The prologue quests.

Yeah, I kind of think you are right here. AS I said before, I will be remaking some things in the future and I definitively can see myself making make Josh be more incisive and maybe telling you about the available quests. I wanted to let the players have the option of just skipping that part, but I think it's not very well indicated that it's h-scene dependent.

Final:
I just wanted to say that I am glad you liked the game enough to write that much stuff that you think would help. I really wish you gave the game another chance, there is definitivelly some cool stuff waiting to happen in the story. : P

PS: As for where you stopped... You can wreck the elementals with one "Break And Fix" and you can buy items in the Camp that protect against fire attacks. There is also a "difficulty" in the options that you can adjust. Maybe in the future I will give Lauren a way to deal with them, because it makes sense.

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
I think Diana would say something like:

"Do you want a rape scene? You will have one then."
"Are you sure? I don't want to-"
"No, there is no problem, really. Now we are going to have one."
"R-Reallly? But-"
"Take down your pants and get on four."
"..."

Then we would have one. And then Diana would make sure that we all remembered that sometimes, we can get what we want and still not be happy about it.

StalkerRoguen

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Look, I don't want to progress much further in this because it feels like I am uping the thread. : P

But let me say this:
I didn't call you a rapist. It was just a joke, since you roleplayed Diana breaking the fourth wall, I did as well.

I don't think people who enjoy rape games are rapists, but I think they shouldn't enjoy it. It's about criticizing the media and woman not being things and YADAYADAYADA. Also, you may think otherwise, but I did not get a boner from that scene. Writting that was hard as fuck, because I put myself in the character shoes.

Also, I have an idea about savage sex full of blood.

As for the Spear:
In the past Diana got into a fight with Landen and Doller where she kicked Landen in the balls and he beat her up. As he mocked her with "woman is generally weaker than man" arguments, she grabbed a knife. Lucky for the boys, Rinet Dhorn grabbed her and saved their lives (like, really, she was going for the kill).
He is the one who taught her that fighting was not about the strongest, but to playing to your advantages and that she should not try to wrestle man, since she is smaller than most of them.
That's when she decided to go for a long range weapon. She also sawsome gypsis doing some spins with staffs, and she kind liked it.

PS: I told Diana. She said she didn't want to rape you either, she just wanted to watch you getting raped. : P

Reactions: phasxlr
4.00 star(s) 11 Votes