Dec 11, 2021
Hi, so, there is already some action? or is that only in some dreams? picture 4 looks unrealistic and like a dream thing..

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Hmmm... let's see if I got this right.

Seven seasons, each with three updates and each update about 100 renders. This first update took 5 months.... so .... <back of napkin math> ... guess I'll see you guys in 8.75 years!

Seriously though - why do I get wary when in one spot I read how the dev does 3D animation and modeling for a living (for the past 3 years) and then on his Patron page he begs for enough funds to get his "... old ass computer to work faster "?

Not gonna say it, but I bet you can figure out what I am thinking.... :giggle:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hmmm... let's see if I got this right.

Seven seasons, each with three updates and each update about 100 renders. This first update took 5 months.... so .... <back of napkin math> ... guess I'll see you guys in 8.75 years!

Seriously though - why do I get wary when in one spot I read how the dev does 3D animation and modeling for a living (for the past 3 years) and then on his Patron page he begs for enough funds to get his "... old ass computer to work faster "?

Not gonna say it, but I bet you can figure out what I am thinking.... :giggle:
Or maybe the work he did, provided him with a system and can't use it for personal jobs. Think about it, before you start accusing people of shit you know nothing about.

maurice68

Jul 25, 2017
just me or there is no actual new content story wise ?
replayed from start but still ending up with the scene in the car/next morning in a double loop then back to start screen

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Or maybe the work he did, provided him with a system and can't use it for personal jobs. Think about it, before you start accusing people of shit you know nothing about.
Read what you want into something I never said... did I.

Did you also read the whole "Need atleast 500 patreons till the completion of first episode" section? Fine, they set a threshold of what's worthwhile to continue... but it sounds awfully like what another Dev does on here, basically holding the game updates hostage unless they get more Patrons. Not a good way to start in this... IMO.

Hey... it's your money. Spend it how you want. Or at all. I'm just saying there's red flags here. Your argument about work and personal systems makes no sense though. What kind of any professional has two tiers of tools of the trade? I'm a mechanic... I have most of tools provided at the job, but that doesn't mean I use cheap walmart tools at home. No self respecting mechanic would do that. Same as no serious computer professional would use a work system but then gush over a GTX1070 card they just got in February. That's a 6 year old card.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Read what you want into something I never said... did I.

Did you also read the whole "Need atleast 500 patreons till the completion of first episode" section? Fine, they set a threshold of what's worthwhile to continue... but it sounds awfully like what another Dev does on here, basically holding the game updates hostage unless they get more Patrons. Not a good way to break to start in this... IMO.

Hey... it's your money. Spend it how you want. Or at all. I'm just saying there's red flags here. Your argument about work and personal systems makes no sense though. What kind of any professional has two tiers of tools of the trade? I'm a mechanic... I have most of tools provided at the job, but that doesn't mean I use cheap walmart tools at home. No self respecting mechanic would do that. Same as no serious computer professional would use a work system but then gush over a GTX1070 card they just got in February. That's a 6 year old card.
I've never even played this, but, don't spout your 'Negative Nancy' shit without any proof to back it up. There's plenty of positive ways to explain it, but, jumping to conclusions as you did, and now trying to say you didn't, makes you look bad. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now. Yes, he could be pulling a 'scam', as you 'didn't, but did say', but, maybe he's not. I agree with you that there are many devs out there that try to scam, so, we've all become used to the 'same old same' shit.

Personally, I think what he's saying is: "I need money, pay me to do nothing."But, then, I'm a 'Negative Nancy' when it comes to new devs. Ahahaha

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
I've never even played this, but, don't spout your 'Negative Nancy' shit without any proof to back it up. There's plenty of positive ways to explain it, but, jumping to conclusions as you did, and now trying to say you didn't, makes you look bad. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now. Yes, he could be pulling a 'scam', as you 'didn't, but did say', but, maybe he's not. I agree with you that there are many devs out there that try to scam, so, we've all become used to the 'same old same' shit.

Personally, I think what he's saying is: "I need money, pay me to do nothing."But, then, I'm a 'Negative Nancy' when it comes to new devs. Ahahaha
I didn't just comment for the sake of commenting to be negative. I encourage new devs in fact, and I have stood up for a lot of them over the past several months. Especially when the <three letters that shall not be mentioned> crowd tries to derail their new games

I took a look at this game just now... then the release date (5 months ago)... then I read the change log, the dev notes and I cruised by his Patreon, where he's been posting stuff like getting his "new" vid card. This dev has had five months to make an impression. So far, all I see is a lot of asking and not much production. By his own account, the project could take years....

So ya... I made a comment, in a sarcastic way. Sue me. But I'll be damned if I just automatically accept what is written on the internet as God's truth, without fact checking it. And these same tired old tropes being repeated by every dev coming into here, are getting a little much, IMO. Everyone needs a new computer, everyone needs a new video card... "I can't finish this project until I get a 24GB RTX3090!" .... meanwhile, in the last 2 months, I have been teaching myself how to render and making a project VN and I have done 200+ HD renders on CPU alone on my dogshit refurbished business PC, lol. That's what render queue scripts are for. Do the work while you sleep then post process the next day.

Anyhow, the dev doesn't deserve a derailed thread... I've said what i said

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I didn't just comment for the sake of commenting to be negative. I encourage new devs in fact, and I have stood up for a lot of them over the past several months. Especially when the <three letters that shall not be mentioned> crowd tries to derail their new games

I took a look at this game just now... then the release date (5 months ago)... then I read the change log, the dev notes and I cruised by his Patreon, where he's been posting stuff like getting his "new" vid card. This dev has had five months to make an impression. So far, all I see is a lot of asking and not much production. By his own account, the project could take years....

So ya... I made a comment, in a sarcastic way. Sue me. But I'll be damned if I just automatically accept what is written on the internet as God's truth, without fact checking it. And these same tired old tropes being repeated by every dev coming into here, are getting a little much, IMO. Everyone needs a new computer, everyone needs a new video card... "I can't finish this project until I get a 24GB RTX3090!" .... meanwhile, in the last 2 months, I have been teaching myself how to render and making a project VN and I have done 200+ HD renders on CPU alone on my dogshit refurbished business PC, lol. That's what render queue scripts are for. Do the work while you sleep then post process the next day.

Anyhow, the dev doesn't deserve a derailed thread... I've said what i said
Agreed, no derailment. However, will your game have a dead father? Ahahaha

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
Some notes to the dev:
It's short, but I didn't expect much from a 0.2. The end scene kind of lends itself to explaining some of the back story but it really needs some kind of lead in at the beginning of the game and it could have been done instead of wasting time rendering a chimp.

I don't need the music all the time either, there's some real abrupt changes to the music when switching the focus to another character, it's honestly jarring to me and seems like it's pointless. Just put on music for effect when the need arises and when the entire scene deserves music for emphasis, not whenever there's a new addition to the scene.

You need someone with a better grasp of English to have a pass at the script before you put out another update because there are some errors.

Reactions: coolbonobo

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
You know, it kind of worries me that there is mind control involved, specially if the antagonist has it, it screams potential NTR. So I would also appreciate if the dev could tell us his planned tags for the future.
given there is multiple penetration tag with no sex toy tag, imma assume that is very likely if sharing or whatever it is is already there. (since NTR isn't much of a big step from that).

Unless they clarify otherwise.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
You know, it kind of worries me that there is mind control involved, specially if the antagonist has it, it screams potential NTR. So I would also appreciate if the dev could tell us his planned tags for the future.
Does the antagonist have mind control powers?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.