VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Readyforwhat

Apr 20, 2021
View attachment 1460876

Uh-ho. What have you done now?..

Hello! Hello!

It's taken a while to get back into the dark arts of Honey Select (Oh how I didn't miss parts of the process), but production is ongoing with Chapter 6.

No deadlines. See how it goes. But I have committed to hours per week, come Hell or high water.

I'll make sure the next update is sexy... (ish).
This looks happen after the attack, you can still see the brusie

Immoral Player

Sep 13, 2018
This has been covered a few times, but there's a hundred pages here, so just to clarify...

I had a Patreon that gathered funds (on chapter release) for the first three chapters. However I wasn't happy on Patreon, due to Patreon things, but also because I felt that I was being unfair with the delivery times.
To be clear, all of my patrons were fantastic, I just felt that I had a ticking clock following me around.

And, this is important, I made a grand total of $160 for my entire time on Patreon. I could've made some more with Chapter 4, but that's when I stopped collecting funds.

So, as a platform, the only thing Patreon was any good for was the fantastic, but double-digits number of supporters. I appreciated every cent, but that soon wasn't the point of being on Patreon anymore.

Of course I'd like to make some cash with this, but I think the reality is that, like Patreon, this thread is a bubble of fantastic and vocal supporters that doesn't translate into a viable income irl.

Never say never on other funding avenues, but it won't be Patreon and it won't be something that will ever replace a job or support my time.
Her eyes looks a little weird in this screenshot not sure if it's due to the lighting or the facial expression but i thought she became a zombie for a second there :LOL:

DesignerDarm

Sep 25, 2018
View attachment 1460876

Uh-ho. What have you done now?..

Hello! Hello!

It's taken a while to get back into the dark arts of Honey Select (Oh how I didn't miss parts of the process), but production is ongoing with Chapter 6.

No deadlines. See how it goes. But I have committed to hours per week, come Hell or high water.

I'll make sure the next update is sexy... (ish).
very Glad to hear from you, take your time, hope everything is fine, and excited for the new chapter fam!

Take care <3

Reactions: Demnor

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Her eyes looks a little weird in this screenshot not sure if it's due to the lighting or the facial expression but i thought she became a zombie for a second there :LOL:
Yeah she is a bit cross eyed in that image, looks like shes about to go Dee-Bo on someone...lmao :ROFLMAO:

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
Maybe once it's complete you could release it on Steam as they seem to have no interest in blocking hentai anymore. Not sure if HS renders could actually cause copyright issues, but I believe it's worth checking out, when the game is nearing completion (whenever that is).
Though it's a completely different game and genre, Unturned is a game on Steam (it's different in every way). The model it was released with that the game is completely free with a 5$ DLC that which really just gave the player some very basic cosmetics and access to Gold servers (which didn't really change much). I believe a similar model could work for you as it functions more like a tip jar. Maybe the DLC could offer something like a digital manual or HD renders.

Anyways, it's always good to see these peeks. Let's me speculate about possible things that could happen.
Sadly you cant release anything that uses any Illusion's property. So no HS, Koikatsu, etc.

Reactions: yudas51

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
I don't know, by the time I discovered the game it was already at chapter five and I downloaded it apparently last year's November so... I check it every so often hoping that it would receive an update. With the quality it has, I don't mind waiting a little
Wow! That's really promising. I have to ask though. What chapter do you have now? This still is chapter 5...... While I to am used to waiting. Knowing I don't have to wait as much is always pleasant

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
Sounds a bit like milfy city except that folk hate icstor. That is also quality graphics
It's been at chapter 5 for almost a year now, but like the previous poster said, this game still isn't abandoned. I think Ink is slowly working on it, dedicating some time weekly for it since they are very busy with their main job.

Reactions: darlic

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
It's been at chapter 5 for almost a year now, but like the previous poster said, this game still isn't abandoned. I think Ink is slowly working on it, dedicating some time weekly for it since they are very busy with their main job.
For a moment I thought this was about a main game.
Nice though. Dev has an actual life. Always good

Reactions: Demnor

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
The developer's last post was on October 20th, so how did you get the idea that the game should be marked abandoned?
The game has not been updated in a little over a year. It does not bode well for a game to not be updated for that long, no matter what the Dev says. There are a lot of games on here were the Dev is active, but progress is none-existent.

Don't get my wrong, I love this game. And I would love to be proven wrong in the game being abandoned. But at this point, I am not holding my breath.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The game has not been updated in a little over a year. It does not bode well for a game to not be updated for that long, no matter what the Dev says. There are a lot of games on here were the Dev is active, but progress is none-existent.

Don't get my wrong, I love this game. And I would love to be proven wrong in the game being abandoned. But at this point, I am not holding my breath.
You already know that this game is "just" a hobby project for Inkalicious and that he doesn't earn a penny apart from a few "coffees" with it, right? His real-life has priority and that's why the progress is slower than with other projects, but Inkalicious has never made a secret of it.

Demands + Freeloader = Outrageous

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes