VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
You already know that this game is "just" a hobby project for Inkalicious and that he doesn't earn a penny apart from a few "coffees" with it, right? His real-life has priority and that's why the progress is slower than with other projects, but Inkalicious has never made a secret of it.

Demands + Freeloader = Outrageous
Tell me....At what point did I make a "demand"? I must not know how to read because I don't see anywhere where I made a demand.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Tell me....At what point did I make a "demand"? I must not know how to read because I don't see anywhere where I made a demand.
My little "math" wasn't necessarily just for you. It was my mistake not to emphasize this and I admit it.

But even if you admittedly did not ask for something directly, you can read this (at least I do) between the lines. It can be interpreted as follows: "Updates should come faster, otherwise it doesn't bode well for the future of the game."

In addition, I found your statement "no matter what the dev says" very outrageous. You don't know anything about the life situation of the developers, but you still presume to consider the reasons of the developers as unimportant. To make matters worse, we get everything for free here. Shouldn't we just be grateful for what we get, regardless of the development time of the updates?

I'm not saying all of this because I want a fight with you or to make you feel bad, but in the last few months more and more people have been posting comments like yours across the forum. Many just do not understand that we are in a global pandemic and that a lot is currently not going as we might like it to be. Many have lost their 9 to 5 job or had to take on an additional part-time job (if at all possible) because they are on short-time work and the money is not enough.

Very few developers of adult visual novels can make a living from their project alone and in my opinion this should be taken into account.

Last edited:

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
My little "math" wasn't necessarily just for you. It was my mistake not to emphasize this and I admit it.

But even if you admittedly did not ask for something directly, you can read this (at least I do) between the lines. It can be interpreted as follows: "Updates should come faster, otherwise it doesn't bode well for the future of the game."

In addition, I found your statement "no matter what the dev says" very outrageous. You don't know anything about the life situation of the developers, but you still presume to consider the reasons of the developers as unimportant. To make matters worse, we get everything for free here. Shouldn't we just be grateful for what we get, regardless of the development time of the updates?

I'm not saying all of this because I want a fight with you or to make you feel bad, but in the last few months more and more people have been posting comments like yours across the forum. Many just do not understand that we are in a global pandemic and that a lot is currently not going as we might like it to be. Many have lost their 9 to 5 job or had to take on an additional part-time job (if at all possible) because they are on short-time work and the money is not enough.

Very few developers of adult visual novels can make a living from their project alone and in my opinion this should be taken into account.
I do understand that real life can interfere with game development. And I understand that a lot of Devs need to work real jobs to make a living. It was not my intention to make it seem like I was faulting the Dev or anything.

My original point was, I thought that it was F95s policy to mark games On Hold or Abandoned after 6 months of no updates. It is on me that I did not clarify that in my original post.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
My original point was, I thought that it was F95s policy to mark games On Hold or Abandoned after 6 months of no updates. It is on me that I did not clarify that in my original post.
I don't know the rule exactly, but as long as a developer writes on Patreon, here or elsewhere about the game within a certain period of time, it is not considered abandoned. The time between the actual content-updates is irrelevant.

Last edited:

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
I don't know the rule exactly, but as long as a developer writes on Patreon, here or elsewhere about the game within a certain period of time, it is not considered abandoned. The time between the actual content-updates is irrelevant.
Ahhhh ok. That is why it has not been marked as such than.

Reactions: sfoMMA85

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Ahhhh ok. That is why it has not been marked as such than.
If a game has not had an update from the developer for 3 or 6 (I forget which) months, on any platform, it can be listed as abandoned. The developer (or person can request of a mod) that a game be placed on hold if the developer specifically states on any platform that they are putting the game on hold.

As for this game, the Dev posted on October 20th and provided an update. That is less than a month ago, so it is not abandoned.
https://f95zone.to/threads/kindread-the-redburns-ch-5-inkalicious.16075/post-6787076

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
This game is AMAZING, I just discovered it yesterday and I played for hours and hours the characters are really likeable and I really like the art style. You're very talented, Thanks for the game!

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
This game is AMAZING, I just discovered it yesterday and I played for hours and hours the characters are really likeable and I really like the art style. You're very talented, Thanks for the game!
I have already played this game about 8 times, probably. What a pity that you cannot be sure that the developer will continue it.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Bro I love this dev´s tastes. Redheads and freckles are the best.
Also, guys, is there a way to get the black haired girl to join the group? did I mess an option or we cant recruit her yet?
Been a while since I've played so I could be wrong, but here's what I remember:

I assume you mean join the group, like, sexually. There are certain choices that pertain to what her role is, but the game stopped right around that point, so she doesn't have much involvement in that department just yet.

Story-wise, she's already apart of the group in terms of family dynamic, so hopefully down the road we'll see more chances to shape how she precisely she fits into it.

camaxtli

Jan 10, 2019
Bro I love this dev´s tastes. Redheads and freckles are the best.
Also, guys, is there a way to get the black haired girl to join the group? did I mess an option or we cant recruit her yet?
By black haired girl, did you talk about Marie (the lesbian that gives you a BJ so.... bi?) or Olivia (the women in the wheelchair) ?
If it's Marie, there is no actual way to "recruit" her in the team, although if you don't give her the knife she might be a zombie in another scene I don't remember.
If it's Olivia, then yes, she's part of the team and will "hopefully" do naughty things with the upper part of her body (why not the lower part?)

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
By black haired girl, did you talk about Marie (the lesbian that gives you a BJ so.... bi?) or Olivia (the women in the wheelchair) ?
If it's Marie, there is no actual way to "recruit" her in the team, although if you don't give her the knife she might be a zombie in another scene I don't remember.
If it's Olivia, then yes, she's part of the team and will "hopefully" do naughty things with the upper part of her body (why not the lower part?)
OOOH yea I was talking about Marie, alright thats good to know. I thought I had chosen the wrong option to have her join the group like the girl in the wheelchair did. Thanks for the answer!

Reactions: camaxtli

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
I wonder what the Halloween Special would look like in the setting of this game, given that they already live in the middle of one continuous Halloween according to the plot?

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes