VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Readyforwhat

Apr 20, 2021
Emmm~just found out the game being marked with the tag of “abandoned”,I wonder if the development is still going on?@inkalicious

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
Eh, the tag doesn't really matter in this case. We know the game is still being worked on, and it's not like an abandoned tag will drive away nonexistent patrons or something. It's weird that the tag popped up now, especially since it hasn't been that long since the dev communicated, but that's whatever.

Reactions: Demnor

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Nah ~I know that,it's just the tag really confused me
Okay - if you knew that it was still being worked on based on the post two above yours, you could have asked "did something change within the last few months that hasn't been posted here to get this tag applied?" That would have been more of a legit question.

Readyforwhat

Apr 20, 2021
Okay - if you knew that it was still being worked on based on the post two above yours, you could have asked "did something change within the last few months that hasn't been posted here to get this tag applied?" That would have been more of a legit question.
Gonna say it does make sense

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
As far as I know it hasn't really been abandoned by the developer, the abandoned tag was only due to the forum rules.
As demonstrated by the other posts on this very page. Seriously people, read the most recent page before you comment. It's not that difficult.

Reactions: Dylan741

JohnnyFlex

Jan 24, 2018
Neither matters in the slightest. Those who follow it know it's being worked on. Those who don't will be plasantly surprised by an update whenever that is.
Well I know it's being worked on, but at least give it the onhold tag for the people that don't know, because apparently there's quite a few in this thread.

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
Well I know it's being worked on, but at least give it the onhold tag for the people that don't know, because apparently there's quite a few in this thread.
'On Hold' implies an entirely different situation in which work is not being done at all, so it's not the correct tag either, though the abandoned tag is just a way for the forum to try and gauge and minimize excitement for a product that has been on the backburner for too long or no updates. It's not like the majority of the cases in which the tag is placed is made with the author's explicit request unlike On Hold—most just disappear or come back with drip feds many many months past the prime in the prior case which is not really a welcoming thing for forum goers and potential patrons. People will continue to ask the same questions as long as internet forum etiquette exists. It's law

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes