VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Kimkem

Jul 30, 2023
Yes. Me. But Ink is coming back, last I heard. So there's no reason for me to step in. IF he decides to not do this, at the very least, I want his story script so I can help him continue it. And if it's in my hands... I would more than likely add galleries and whatnot. Keep things a bit fun. No sandbox. After making it for my game, I ended up despising it. Haha. I don't mind playing it but making them is kind of a bitch. Like going in all directions. No, I'll make the game the way Ink intended with some good ol' Manny's touch.
do you know when?

Reactions: Demnor

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Hello all. I’m not Inkalicious, just a friend here to pass on an update.

There’s no easy way to start but Inkalicious has been in hospital and out-patient care for a long time now. I’m not going into specifics but he’s expected to make an almost full physical recovery and is receiving the best care and support from family, friends and fantastic professionals.
I’m here because I shared a flat with Ink when he first started this and the only one irl who knows about this. I also got into VNs through his work and this site, so thanks Ink? I’m also here because he’s an idiot who feels guilty about leaving this unfinished with no updates. (He’ll read this. So yes, you’re an idiot)
I’ve read the comments here and understand why he feels bad about this, so here I am with some updates.

So, firstly, he’s sorry (think we covered the idiot bit) and he’s very happy that people still remember this, even if they’re sad or pissed off at the unfinished state. He still intends to release the text-only with the models but he doesn’t have access to the PC they’re on. I definitely don’t want to search through his files to find them as there are many versions and different folders, no idea if I’d get everything and who knows what else I’d find. We both don’t want that. So Ink will get around to it when he’s able.

To the people who want to continue this with their own story. Ink says go for it. He’s all about collaboration and thinks it’s great that people are interested enough to continue it. I’ve suggested that maybe instead of trying to get the files he just gives an outline of the story and paths and others can fill the dialogue and images. He’s a perfectionist though so we’ll see.

He knows the related, and of course unfinished, Kindread game was released here. The idea behind that was to introduce a smaller VN with characters and story that will appear in the main game, but stand alone. It’ll never be finished and does have an uncomfortable start, so here’s a spoiler of the whole thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To any Patreons that are still around, sorry I couldn’t get the login to work and it’s too complicated to fix it. So this is the only place I’ll update and Ink will deal with it when he can.

I think I've covered everything he wanted so this will be the last time I login as Ink. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s back to his smutty ways.
I’d just like to add that I’ve been very impressed and touched with the general vibe on this thread, and Ink definitely has been. Hope everyone keeps well and this is not-Inkalicious wishing you all the best.
do you know when?
The post above yours is all we know. I do not think there is a time of release currently or when he's officially back but it does not seem as though he has given up. Or this message would not happen.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Hello all. I’m not Inkalicious, just a friend here to pass on an update.

There’s no easy way to start but Inkalicious has been in hospital and out-patient care for a long time now. I’m not going into specifics but he’s expected to make an almost full physical recovery and is receiving the best care and support from family, friends and fantastic professionals.
I’m here because I shared a flat with Ink when he first started this and the only one irl who knows about this. I also got into VNs through his work and this site, so thanks Ink? I’m also here because he’s an idiot who feels guilty about leaving this unfinished with no updates. (He’ll read this. So yes, you’re an idiot)
I’ve read the comments here and understand why he feels bad about this, so here I am with some updates.

So, firstly, he’s sorry (think we covered the idiot bit) and he’s very happy that people still remember this, even if they’re sad or pissed off at the unfinished state. He still intends to release the text-only with the models but he doesn’t have access to the PC they’re on. I definitely don’t want to search through his files to find them as there are many versions and different folders, no idea if I’d get everything and who knows what else I’d find. We both don’t want that. So Ink will get around to it when he’s able.

To the people who want to continue this with their own story. Ink says go for it. He’s all about collaboration and thinks it’s great that people are interested enough to continue it. I’ve suggested that maybe instead of trying to get the files he just gives an outline of the story and paths and others can fill the dialogue and images. He’s a perfectionist though so we’ll see.

He knows the related, and of course unfinished, Kindread game was released here. The idea behind that was to introduce a smaller VN with characters and story that will appear in the main game, but stand alone. It’ll never be finished and does have an uncomfortable start, so here’s a spoiler of the whole thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To any Patreons that are still around, sorry I couldn’t get the login to work and it’s too complicated to fix it. So this is the only place I’ll update and Ink will deal with it when he can.

I think I've covered everything he wanted so this will be the last time I login as Ink. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s back to his smutty ways.
I’d just like to add that I’ve been very impressed and touched with the general vibe on this thread, and Ink definitely has been. Hope everyone keeps well and this is not-Inkalicious wishing you all the best.
Tell him that it is absolutely disgusting of him to intrigue us so much with his wonderful game and then abandon us in the middle, without finishing it (I am, of course, indignant as a joke, but seriously - he cannot quit his job. It would be unfair). We are all very much looking forward to his return. Let my words serve as additional motivation for him to recover. We need him. Very much.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Unfortunately, it feels like the next update is going to be light on sister.
its only rumor until there is a real update, been following thgis thread for years all words no actions for last 4 yearss..... the last new thing was the mother son kidnap game, it was one ep back in the teens. the summer thing in 2020??? we all want ink back but this looks like mental masturbation at this point.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes