VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well this game just surprised the shit out of me! I must admit, when it was first released I took one look and thought 'oh wow another post-apocalyptic adult game, how original' but then I finally got bored enough to have a look and realize what a god damn fool I am for thinking that. It's in a different league to all the rest, I bloody loved it. Good fucking stuff inkalicious
My thoughts exactly. It's why I never tried chapter 1. I still don't know why I tried chapter 2, but since then I'm hooked. :p

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Honestly, the romance route of the mother really caught me so far. (I think it's safe to call it romance route.) I just can't wait to see how it turns out. I would actually love to see the option to play that route without doing stuff with anyone else, but that's probably not possible. I'm happy with what I got so far!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Honestly, the romance route of the mother really caught me so far. (I think it's safe to call it romance route.) I just can't wait to see how it turns out. I would actually love to see the option to play that route without doing stuff with anyone else, but that's probably not possible. I'm happy with what I got so far!
Glad you're enjoying the storyline. Yeah. I would love to do a truly choice-laden VN like that. But I can just see the number of untravelled paths that would be needed. There's already probably a few scenes in this Chapter that only some will see.

Reactions: strenif and D Dog

GreenGames

Modder
Dec 31, 2018
Why is the quality of rendering so much reduced? the light in this update is just awful compared to the past.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Why is the quality of rendering so much reduced? the light in this update is just awful compared to the past.
I'm obviously not going to agree, but I will say that this episode is set mainly in the blazing heatwave and I do want to show a distinction between their safe home and their dangerous surroundings. So mainly low light interiors vs sun-bleached exteriors.

I did run into a major lighting problem during this Chapter. Losing almost a weeks work in re-doing scenes as HS had bugged. I've also noticed that I can't get the depth of colours as much as I used too, though I don't intend to mess around with mods at this stage.

However I'm happy with the bleached LA look and I experiment with lighting, so maybe Chapter 5 will be easier on your eyes.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes