VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes
Jun 15, 2017
Hey inkalicious haven't played the game since chapter 2 ,and I'm happy to find all of the things I was hoping were going to happen happened, really love the dominance route, this game is definitely turning into one of my favourites :). Just a quick question though since you have a patreon, but choose not to use it at the moment where will you be giving updates about the progress of the game? Will you just do it here, or somewhere else?

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey inkalicious haven't played the game since chapter 2 and I'm happy to find all of the things I was hoping were going to happen happened, really love the dominance route, this game is definitely turning into one of my favourites :). Just a quick question though since you have a patreon but choose not to use it at the moment were will you be giving updates about the progress of the game? Will you just do it here or somewhere else?
I can't answer for Ink, ofc, but he is really good at updating on F95 fairly regularly.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
The Dev did a wonderful job of writing the MC to appear as a slimy scumbag that decides to no longer be one and in return watches his not sister succumb to apocalypse induced psychosis, what was also abit offputting was her body model, it has its ribs really pronounced, I don't know if thats suppose to be a sign of starvation or what. The plot with not mom was pretty good thought. I don't know how long ware the gaps between the updates, but It felt like things escalated really quick, over all it was pretty good game.
Yeah... timelines are a bitch to pull off without a big sign saying 'X months later'. I try to use montages to show the passing of time. To show that certain things are no longer new and that attitudes have shifted.

A quick thing on timelines...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On body models, yep, they've been through a tough time. However this will change, as when we join them, their stores are doing really well. I wanted to hint at difficulties of post-apocalyptic living, without getting bogged down in showing survival techniques.

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hey inkalicious haven't played the game since chapter 2 and I'm happy to find all of the things I was hoping were going to happen happened, really love the dominance route, this game is definitely turning into one of my favourites :). Just a quick question though since you have a patreon but choose not to use it at the moment were will you be giving updates about the progress of the game? Will you just do it here or somewhere else?
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm treating Patreon and F95 as the same now. The only difference being that patrons get some extras (walkthrough, polls and a secret thing that I'm totally teasing and not going to explain right now.)

So here is as good a place as any to find updates. No release dates though. I'll never offer a release date.

Jun 15, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm treating Patreon and F95 as the same now. The only difference being that patrons get some extras (walkthrough, polls and a secret thing that I'm totally teasing and not going to explain right now.)

So here is as good a place as any to find updates. No release dates though. I'll never offer a release date.
Thanks for the fast reply. I understand why you don’t want to do release dates these fourms can get vicious when devs don’t release exactly on time, as much as I would like rough release dates it’s probably best you don’t, I’ve seen the nicest forums turn to chaos when a game is not released on the day the dev said.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
This game uses a recent version of renpy (7.3.2.320) and unrpyc 1.0.15 generates invalid code when decompiling.

While waiting for a fix to unrpyc, you can manually fix screens.rpy by changing all instances of:

screen blah() tag menu:

to

screen blah():
....tag menu

The colon and indentation are important. The '.' denotes a space - so indent four spaces after the screen statement.

I didn't test the game beside loading it, so it's possible unrpyc broke more things. Might be a good opportunity to learn more about code - both renpy dot org and python dot org have good guides.

-T-

P.s. I played this a few versions back, and liked both the story and characters. Good potential - great job dev!
Sorry for the late acknowledgement of your help. The original request wasn’t from me though, so I’ll tag rf96 so they can see your solution.

Reactions: rf96

HaomaruX

Jul 10, 2017

Oooh boy, I love secret things !!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

HowlsCastle

Mar 21, 2018
Wow, this game might have the best writing of any game I've played. The dialogue is even better than PhillyGames or Mity.

As I don't have the walkthrough, can anyone tell me if there are multiple routes? I've only done one playthrough and was wondering, will I get different h-scenes if I make different choices?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Wow, this game might have the best writing of any game I've played. The dialogue is even better than PhillyGames or Mity.

As I don't have the walkthrough, can anyone tell me if there are multiple routes? I've only done one playthrough and was wondering, will I get different h-scenes if I make different choices?
There are different routes, not sure how different the h-scenes are since I only found out after played it. There is at least one choice with the sister though that makes a change. Look at the OP from a link from dev with some explanation.

Reactions: HowlsCastle

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can someone explain how to get the topless HJ in chapter 2 I can't figure it out at all.
Have your mom be interested in you as well and hot. Unfortunately do not remember exact steps since to long ago, but if you are too much of an asshole she might not be that interested.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017

Until Chapter 4 there were only alternative dialogue / images and very few additional scenes related to the girl's affection levels. Nothing too big.
I won't explain all, but spoilers now on the more raunchier stuff...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Everyone please note that I'm not going to make a habit of covering choices, but hope this helps and good luck!

Last edited:

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
I just played through the whole game for the first time and I must say, after the first 3 chapters I felt like it had a great storyline and great character devolopment.
But in this last update, it all just seems to turn into a fuckfest? I hope we'll get to see better pacing again in the future.

Great story still though, I love your work.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
For anyone interested, I've created an additional fan signature. Couldn't quite seem to get rid of a little color noise at the start and end of the animation. EDIT: After some more effort, I've got a better quality signature image now.

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/10/443590_Redburns-01.gif
Redburns-01.gif

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I cant get patch to install? i downloaded and saved in the /game folder
Mmm, that should work. Can you see that the older character is titled 'Mom' in her dialogue box?

To be honest I don't how to help as the patch does work.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes