• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well according to the other user it doesn't happen if you don't give her the knife. Only if you ignore her.

My first playthrough I didn't give the knife. Why?

I thought this could backfire. Maybe cause the mc to be in a situation where he needed the knife but didn't have it. To top it off, we owe her nothing, she knocked the mc out after he rescued her.
Well, the purpose of this/these game/s is the MC to get laid, you know.

So, why in the damn world would you ignore her?

Secondly, it's crystal clear to me that she needed it and that she would have remember that you helped her, later.

You didn't owe her nothing, so you didn't help her. Nice one, pal. (y) (y) (y)

I can picture you and your girlfriend right now:

HER: "you never buy me a present (pouting and sulking)"

YOU: "Hey, I owe you nothing, you know!!"

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Well, the purpose of this/these game/s is the MC to get laid, you know.

So, why in the damn world would you ignore her?

Secondly, it's crystal clear to me that she needed it and that she would have remember that you helped her, later.

You didn't owe her nothing, so you didn't help her. Nice one, pal. (y) (y) (y)

I can picture you and your girlfriend right now:

HER: "you never buy me a present (pouting and sulking)"

YOU: "Hey, I owe you nothing, you know!!"
I didn't ignore her though. I rescued her and gave her food. Plus, you don't realize you're rescuing a girl so how do we know we're getting laid? I could understand why people choose the ignore her path.

Basically I was thinking about what happens if the mc comes home. The 'landlady' comes up and asks him "So you rescued a girl who flashed you her stinky-ass tits, then gave her your life-saving knife and some of our supplies after she knocked you out."

"yes"

"I'm not jerking you off for a week as punishment."

And what would happen if there's an attack and the mc reaches for his trusty knife? What would he do?

Also if she puts out she'll get gifts and romance, because I'm a gentleman. But if she's a complete stranger she aint getting shit from me.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I think that I have a save on every route actually. Some scenes are inaccessible otherwise. I'm just building for the future you know. I actually have a save where both the knife girl and Sam dies and I'm looking forward to that route the most. I really like the depth Ink went to when making some small changes to how dialogues go depending on what do/don't do. I forgot a lot, since the last version was so long ago though.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I think that I have a save on every route actually. Some scenes are inaccessible otherwise. I'm just building for the future you know. I actually have a save where both the knife girl and Sam dies and I'm looking forward to that route the most. I really like the depth Ink went to when making some small changes to how dialogues go depending on what do/don't do. I forgot a lot, since the last version was so long ago though.
1603504328542.png
According to a post by the author right here:
Mmmmmm... Treading carefully here. I have discussed this before, but I'm not sure it was a public chat. So the spoilers contains a general plot spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
View attachment 870864

Ink did not explicitly state that there are no routes like that. It's within the "try again" category. Meaning only your immediate actions can lead to it. No early decision will lead to these outcomes from 2 chapters prior.
1603494623257.png
He said There are no permanent deaths for the main three characters. Therefore it cannot be a full route.I think the "try again categories" apply to when you have to go back and fix things, like when the mc dies in the warehouse. If one of the three main chars die in a major route then it would have decaying returns and wouldn't be worth investing time as a developer.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Maybe inkalicious can work in a "phoenix wright" style detective game inside the game as the survivors try to work out what's going on from what they've seen. :D
But my hunch is that he'll mix it up with Twister so there would be lots of "objections" to clothes worn, "hold it" for body parts, and blank papers held up with crude stick figure drawings showing what position should be done next. :D

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
He said There are no permanent deaths for the main three characters. Therefore it cannot be a full route.I think the "try again categories" apply to when you have to go back and fix things, like when the mc dies in the warehouse. If one of the three main chars die in a major route then it would have decaying returns and wouldn't be worth investing time as a developer.
Phoenix_and_Document_2.gif
But if you just take a look at the following quote:
I really can't answer this without spoiling everything, so I'll probably return to it once it's more obvious what the repercussions are.

I can say that the issue will always be diverging storylines vs time/effort. So I have to balance what's reasonable to produce vs expectations of the audience.
You can see that it's important what the audience's expectations are. If you pretend to kill off Sam then later decide not to, you would be going straight against it. We have seen that Ink has writing skills, so it's unthinkable that he would pull something like that.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
View attachment 871038
But if you just take a look at the following quote:

You can see that it's important what the audience's expectations are. If you pretend to kill off Sam then later decide not to, you would be going straight against it. We have seen that Ink has writing skills, so it's unthinkable that he would pull something like that.
edgeworth-zoom(b).gif
Hmmph. First of all even assuming we bench the fact that the dev promised no permadeath, he never said he couldn't surprise us with an injured route. He could naturally still meet fan expectation all the while adding a branching plot like this. She was shot with a poison tipped arrow, it doesn't say she was killed, for all you know she was injured and our broken legged bondage girl has the antidote in that route.

Last edited:

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
View attachment 871146
Hmmph. First of all even assuming we bench the fact that the dev promised no permadeath, he never said he couldn't surprise us with an injured route. He could naturally still meet fan expectation all the while adding a branching plot like this. She was shot with a poison tipped arrow, it doesn't say she was killed, for all you know she was injured and our broken legged bondage girl has the antidote in that route.
Phoenix_Thinking_2.gif
Addressing the "benched" topic first. While it is true that he promised that there will be no premadeath, it does not mean that the main trio can't die at all with the story moving on. What I mean by this is that it's entirely possible that Sam dies and later returns as a zombie, which would satisfy the "no permadeath" statement.
Now, moving on we have two very serious injuries to note: she was shot AND poisoned. The likelyhood of surviving this is low. Even if you were to use the antidote the chances of survival are low. Even if we assume that she survives, the chances of her becoming crippled are something to consider.
But even then there is another factor to consider. The girl shot at Sam with the intention to kill her. This can be seen when the MC tries to attack her as well instead of pulling Sam to safety, where she shoots at a vital spot. She has no reason to save Sam's life considering that she felt threatened and her being crippled, she has to be extra careful about trusting anyone. The chances of her giving the antidote to someone who she thinks tried to kill her in such a world as incredibly low.

Reactions: nyex117 and Mtgwo

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Yeah. I miss this. It's not even an ego thing (talking about my game) but on other threads I enjoy the players picking apart storylines or characters intentions. Of course it can go wrong, but it's soooo interesting.

I'm going to dive into a few things that have been talked about in the last few pages. All in spoilers, so while I don't think they'll ruin the experience, be aware that they're marked as spoilers for a reason.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Yeah. I miss this. It's not even an ego thing (talking about my game) but on other threads I enjoy the players picking apart storylines or characters intentions. Of course it can go wrong, but it's soooo interesting.

I'm going to dive into a few things that have been talked about in the last few pages. All in spoilers, so while I don't think they'll ruin the experience, be aware that they're marked as spoilers for a reason.

I was looking forward to a life of just mommy and me, but I guess it was just not to be.

PhantomZero

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I definitely enjoy the aspect that the choices matter in this game, and that they don't just all funnel back into a single option with no real consequence. But rather that different choices can lead to different situations.
Glad Ink is back and doing well, and I look forward to future content.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
So... as a potential spoiler, will Sam and her not getting along... still have a harem where the girls fight over you? Or will it be just being forced to pick one and leaving it at that?

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes