VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

Inmokou

Feb 25, 2018
The following image might cause some discomfort to those who don't like the threat of violence / violence towards their love interests.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hi all, sorry for the long time-out and hope everyone's doing fine in their various lockdowns.

I've been working on the game here and there, but to be honest I've not spent much time on it as I've moved to another city to chase a really nice job. So I'm spending most of my time working, working, working, making sure I pass the probation period with flying colours.

I'm also working on a different machine, so it's taking a bit to settle into it.
Who know even changing the keyboard would mess-up accessing the game mods?

Chapter 6 will offer the final big hurrah in changing your relationships with the girls.
Before, the girls initiated the shenanigans and you adapted, like a gluttonous kid in a sweetie shop, but now? Is it time to atone for your previous behaviour? Or are you happy with the course you're on?

I'm aiming to release a half-chapter, just to get back into production and release something quicker. That's the plan anyway.

In the meantime, I hope you're all well and will try to return with more news soon.
Any chance of impregnation/pregnancy in the future?

Reactions: Qui Gon

baubsmyth

Dec 20, 2019
inkalicious Really nice game so far all around. I gotta say the "wind down" post sex/handjob is fantastic and you don't see it in a lot of games. There's a lot of great intimacy after sex and I think you've done a good job of capturing some of that here. Definitely adds to the connection with the characters and their relationships.

Looking forward to the rest of the story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope everything's good with the move and your new job.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
View attachment 1126202

In the aftermath of the school invasion, will a misremembered moment from the past threaten the future?

Just a quick update to say that I'm slowly inching my way through Chapter 6.5. April already?!
Hopefully during the school invasion MC gets to show himself as a real hero and utterly murder every single person who stands in his way. It's time to show that no one gets between him and his loved ones. Sounds dark? Yes. Brutal? Yes. Evil? Maybe. Would I do it? HELL YEAH!!!!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hopefully during the school invasion MC gets to show himself as a real hero and utterly murder every single person who stands in his way. It's time to show that no one gets between him and his loved ones. Sounds dark? Yes. Brutal? Yes. Evil? Maybe. Would I do it? HELL YEAH!!!!
It's fair to say that there are a few dark moments in the next chapter, and some may not be ones that you're expecting.

It's not all doom, gloom and torture though. There's fun to be had re-assessing your relationships!.. And Twister?

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
It's fair to say that there are a few dark moments in the next chapter, and some may not be ones that you're expecting.

It's not all doom, gloom and torture though. There's fun to be had re-assessing your relationships!.. And Twister?
I really hope its not all doom and gloom.
If we have to watch women getting raped and murdered I might need to bow out.
Thats a liiiitle too dark for me. >.>;;

Love your game so far though! Hope the dev work has been going well.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I Reeaaallly want to like this game but so far i am having severe issues with how much of a sleazy Douche canoe this MC is he seems to have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever please god tell me someone that he has an epiphany realises what an absolute prick he is and actually turns into somewhat of a decent human being.
This crops up every so often, so it's been discussed a lot.

The short(ish) version is that I wanted to begin with a young guy that's very much the poster child of all the VNs where you spy on your 'roommates', creep into their bedrooms and try you best to manipulate them into a romantic or lusty tumble.
Unfortunately the MC was terrible at it, as anyone would likely be irl, and the girls weren't stumbling over themselves, trying to untangle their legs from their panties.
So you never see, or control, this build-up and are suddenly dropped into the story when it looks like all of this walking hard-on's dirty dreams are coming true.
There is never a moment where he pauses to truly consider what he's doing. No judgement, that's just what's been happening.

However... the MC was never the instigator of the current sexy times. And while he may have chosen how to react to temptation, the time is now coming when he needs to take control. For good or bad.

All of this was supposed to happen a lot faster, in terms of real life publishing time, so you've been sitting with an 'unfinished' character. Chapter 6 is where things could change (if you want them to).

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I really hope its not all doom and gloom.
If we have to watch women getting raped and murdered I might need to bow out.
Thats a liiiitle too dark for me. >.>;;

Love your game so far though! Hope the dev work has been going well.
Obviously I don't want to spoil storylines, but that kinda content won't be seen.
Even in the scenes where characters are in danger, I intend to use implied content wherever possible. So there won't be any sudden changes in tone or content.

Last edited:

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018

As long as the dark moments include me utterly and brutally killing all those who are invading our space and exacting my revenge while showing how bad and yet cool I can be then I am ok.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
All of this was supposed to happen a lot faster, in terms of real life publishing time, so you've been sitting with an 'unfinished' character. Chapter 6 is where things could change (if you want them to).
I've been waiting since the beginning for the possibility to turn the MC into an half decent human being lol, hoping this will be it :LUL:
Thank you!

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I've been waiting since the beginning for the possibility to turn the MC into an half decent human being lol, hoping this will be it :LUL:
Thank you!
For real.
I think this is one of the few games that offered a Dom route where I took the other route instead just because MC treats mom like a piece of shit instead of a loving dom.

Still enjoy the game. Just got to get Mom, sis, and Olivia together...
I still cant believe there are players that just walked away from Oliva... she's such a sweetie.

Old Man Dude

Feb 12, 2021
For real.
I think this is one of the few games that offered a Dom route where I took the other route instead just because MC treats mom like a piece of shit instead of a loving dom.

Still enjoy the game. Just got to get Mom, sis, and Olivia together...
I still cant believe there are players that just walked away from Oliva... she's such a sweetie.
That's something about the VN 'Summer Scent'. When you go Dom it's dark and hard nothing soft in it. So I've been skirting the edge with the 'The Redburns' (1 choice Dom the next choice non-Dom).

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
I have ben replaying this one 4 or more times last month alone and I have to say this one is a great with a slight dip to good because of the MC's behavior in the beginning with turn great again with the discovery
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This one is a Keeper for me and I hope I soon get enough going for me to send you some money you way :love:
Attaching you sig of the two favorite girls in the game :D Sis and Olivia are perfect girls for this old pervert.

• Haha
Reactions: inkalicious
4.60 star(s) 89 Votes