Dec 14, 2020
Isn't the MC a respectable warrior that once had a dog and a livelihood?

Why is he forcing Olivia to hand over all her money?
She let him stay there for free and even suggested an alternative to earn the money.
She even said it's all she has, and he lies about it being an emergency.

Better yet, why doesn't the MC just go do warrior stuff and kill things in the mine or forest?

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Isn't the MC a respectable warrior that once had a dog and a livelihood?

Why is he forcing Olivia to hand over all her money?
She let him stay there for free and even suggested an alternative to earn the money.
She even said it's all she has, and he lies about it being an emergency.

Better yet, why doesn't the MC just go do warrior stuff and kill things in the mine or forest?
Fair point & Good idea. It was suppose to just be a joke about how the player most likely doesn't want grind mechanics in this game, but the mc was being pushy about needing money. I'll probably go back and make that dialogue more optional at some point.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Fair point & Good idea. It was supposed to just be a joke about how the player most likely doesn't want grind mechanics in this game, but the mc was being pushy about needing money. I'll probably go back and make that dialogue more optional at some point.
The first thing I always do when I see grind for money is I throw a save in a save editor and be done with money grind for the rest of the game.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
so i gotta ask and the only spoiler i care about.

will the wife appear again at some point or nah so i can just stick with the dog choice. the fact that this game is sandbox is bad enough but eh.

im in the middle of playing so idk if that question had been answered in the game yet.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
so i gotta ask and the only spoiler i care about.

will the wife appear again at some point or nah so i can just stick with the dog choice. the fact that this game is sandbox is bad enough but eh.

im in the middle of playing so idk if that question had been answered in the game yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Do you dislike all sandbox elements? (Time of Day, Movement, Choice in which storyline to continue, Inventory)

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018

Do you dislike all sandbox elements? (Time of Day, Movement, Choice in which storyline to continue, Inventory)
mostly the movement and questing.
time of day can be anoying cause then you can look at the same room at different times just to see if theres a character your looking for.
also can you choose which girls to pursue? or is it all just "do this and go here to unlock the next scene" but you cant decide if you wanna hook up with a girl?
inventory is kind of annoying cause it just means you'll have to go looking for stuff eventually.

when looking to play a VN i prefer it to be a VN not a game where i have to walk around and do crap to unlock scenes. basically im in it soley for the story. the second it goes to sandbox i just lose alot of motivation to continue.

but in defense of this game i did in fact see the sandbox tag before playing and was curious to try it either way cause im a sucker for fantasy games.

however now that i know about the wife its just depressing. im not a big fan of MC's family being killed or hurt so yeah as far as i know shes dead. and i'll be honest i stopped after that. dont want to lose the dog or wife so im not gonna choose. if she does show up. i'll wait till the changelog mentions her i guess if i decide to come back to this game.

that being said thats just my opinion. first and foremost just make the game you want. and i'll always wish a dev goodluck

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
mostly the movement and questing.
time of day can be anoying cause then you can look at the same room at different times just to see if theres a character your looking for.
also can you choose which girls to pursue? or is it all just "do this and go here to unlock the next scene" but you cant decide if you wanna hook up with a girl?
inventory is kind of annoying cause it just means you'll have to go looking for stuff eventually.

when looking to play a VN i prefer it to be a VN not a game where i have to walk around and do crap to unlock scenes. basically im in it soley for the story. the second it goes to sandbox i just lose alot of motivation to continue.

but in defense of this game i did in fact see the sandbox tag before playing and was curious to try it either way cause im a sucker for fantasy games.

however now that i know about the wife its just depressing. im not a big fan of MC's family being killed or hurt so yeah as far as i know shes dead. and i'll be honest i stopped after that. dont want to lose the dog or wife so im not gonna choose. if she does show up. i'll wait till the changelog mentions her i guess if i decide to come back to this game.

that being said thats just my opinion. first and foremost just make the game you want. and i'll always wish a dev goodluck
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

As far as choice for which girls to pursue, there are separate storylines per girl and hints that tell you how to progress each storyline. There's not always choice, and I'll be continuing to write more storylines as I make the game, but the hints in the menu show what's available.

As far as the depressing beginning it's suppose to contrast the happy care free world, with little real danger that the MC is thrown into. He's from a darker, more brutal, and depressing "world" but learns to relax and enjoy things in this more innocent almost childlike one he's thrown into... without spoiling too much.

But I can see how that could turn some people off, starting the story off like that.

Yes, it's possible I didn't blend the right amount of sandbox and story together, where the people that enjoy Sandbox want more sandbox because it's very light on sandbox compared to most sandbox games, and the people that like story would prefer all the sandbox elements removed. I will poll my patrons to see which kind of people they are mostly.

Again thanks for the feedback, it really does help me.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

As far as choice for which girls to pursue, there are separate storylines per girl and hints that tell you how to progress each storyline. There's not always choice, and I'll be continuing to write more storylines as I make the game, but the hints in the menu show what's available.

As far as the depressing beginning it's suppose to contrast the happy care free world, with little real danger that the MC is thrown into. He's from a darker, more brutal, and depressing "world" but learns to relax and enjoy things in this more innocent almost childlike one he's thrown into... without spoiling too much.

But I can see how that could turn some people off, starting the story off like that.

Yes, it's possible I didn't blend the right amount of sandbox and story together, where the people that enjoy Sandbox want more sandbox because it's very light on sandbox compared to most sandbox games, and the people that like story would prefer all the sandbox elements removed. I will poll my patrons to see which kind of people they are mostly.

Again thanks for the feedback, it really does help me.
i just remembered theres this game "Wartribe Academy" that i think did sandbox pretty good. it has this feature called quick travel. where you get to select a girls portrait so you can go to her next part of her storyline. it doesnt have much to do of a money system. does have a combat system. and the best part of sandbox is the repeatable events.

https://f95zone.to/threads/wartribe-academy-v0-8-1-public-mr-rooster.58485/

the link if you're interested

so yeah if you want you can check it out so you wont even have to do the poll. best of both worlds type of deal.

in regards to the random girlif you ever did decide to bring the wife in the game but someone chose dog. you could honestly use the same model.

so its either the wife. or her reincarnation. but thats just a suggestion

Last edited:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
i just remembered theres this game "Wartribe Academy" that i think did sandbox pretty good. it has this feature called quick travel. where you get to select a girls portrait so you can go to her next part of her storyline. it doesnt have much to do of a money system. does have a combat system. and the best part of sandbox is the repeatable events.

so yeah if you want you can check it out so you wont even have to do the poll. best of both worlds type of deal.
Thanks, I will try out that game and see what I can learn. Polling my patrons as well, because I really want to know what they like.

in regards to the random girlif you ever did decide to bring the wife in the game but someone chose dog. you could honestly use the same model.

so its either the wife. or her reincarnation. but thats just a suggestion
Will do.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Iunno bout y'all but can we take a moment to enjoy some of this game's dialogue. This shit be killing me, I legit had my drink go down the wrong pipe at. '' Bitch you always flying away! " :ROFLMAO:
i ended up trying this game and despite the sandbox stuff and getting around.

i cant deny the humor helps to stay interested. THAT scene really made me laugh.

antonio1508

Mar 25, 2020
i'am a supporter patreon of this game and it is cool the dev listen each suggestion we bring on his discord group. I suggest to join us if want to speak about the game or more or just to say hello ^^.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
!Ortus! This is my general opinion about sandbox games and not specific for your game.

The sandbox tag is the reason why I haven't played the game yet, sandbox games, especially in the beginning, feel empty and as look-see said moving around looking for the next scene and some other things that normally come with sandbox games are really annoying.
The navigation in most games is really bad, my favorite navigation system is the one from A House in the Rift which is also the only sandbox game that I currently play and even that game has the standard problem that you need to spam the skip time button to get to new scenes because they only trigger at certain days and timeslots.
Another problem with sandbox games for me is that the "story feels disjointed or is almost non-existent because many devs that lack in the story part try to hide that with a grindy sandbox with a lot of playtime but almost no content.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
!Ortus! This is my general opinion about sandbox games and not specific for your game.

The sandbox tag is the reason why I haven't played the game yet, sandbox games, especially in the beginning, feel empty and as look-see said moving around looking for the next scene and some other things that normally come with sandbox games are really annoying.
The navigation in most games is really bad, my favorite navigation system is the one from A House in the Rift which is also the only sandbox game that I currently play and even that game has the standard problem that you need to spam the skip time button to get to new scenes because they only trigger at certain days and timeslots.
Another problem with sandbox games for me is that the "story feels disjointed or is almost non-existent because many devs that lack in the story part try to hide that with a grindy sandbox with a lot of playtime but almost no content.
Thanks, I tried to address most of these problems common to sandbox games, when I first started building Kingdom Harem.

- The hint menu shows how to progress the storylines if the player forgets what's happening.
- I've gone through a lot of iterations with the navigation system to reduce the number of clicks & display the name and image of each location spaced out as buttons on the bottom of the screen so people don't have to think about where they are going, or click on different parts of the screen.
- As far as spamming skip time, I designed it so there are not many different times of day, and things don't happen only on specific days, and characters are in the same places everyday.
- There's a lot of story, the game being mostly long story pieces, as oppose to many short story pieces as is common in sandbox.

But I understand people have preferences and many people will not like sandbox no matter what, and others will only like sandbox games if they are done a specific way, to their preference.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

so...you made a comment about a game that you didn't even play(yet)?

btw, i haven't seen Titanic YET, but it sucks because it's a romantic movie.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020
This doesn't have any of the main problems that sandbox games usually have. Yet.

My main complaints with sandbox games are
1. Inconsistencies in dialogue/interactions because events happen in a different order to expected.
2. Having big choices or different paths. A sandbox isn't as easy to replay through so if you can't get all the content you want in one run, that sucks.
3. Missable content. When playing events in a different order, or not having certain stats/flags when an event occurs results in either missing a scene or getting a less complete scene.
4. Timed events. When you only get 100 days to complete everything, or 30 days for all stage 1 events etc.
5. Not knowing what to do. You have the hints system so this doesn't seem to be a problem yet.

2, 3 and 4 are all very similar and relate to fear of missing events. Often resulting in use of walkthroughs, cheating or reading the code.
1 breaks immersion.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes