Others Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Alright, I last played this in august so I decided to see what several updates have done.

First off the bugs, I get a hell of a lot of random crashes. No pattern that I saw other than it happens randomly at loading screens and some of the autosave points and combat. I also got the music in the town to start looping over itself, I think there were 3-4 instances of the music playing at once with a new one starting at loading screens. The girl you can help with the bandits returns to her starting place and is unable interacted with after fighting the bandits (I always raided that tent before the quest because I kept forgetting to see if it was different). The character traits (honesty, cunning, exc.) don't seem to save properly, resetting to 0 on loading a save. There are also some map collision issues I found, namely in the tunnel you can walk up the walls there there are some dark grey spikey things and many of the cliffs on the cave map can be walked over.

Second, I was completely unable to trigger any adult scenes in the currently posted build. Specifically I tested various options in the last tutorial fight, and wasn't able to get a scene though I know there was one in the version I played last time. I wasn't able to offer a blowjob to enter the town, again something in the last version I played. There wasn't a scene losing to the bandits when helping the girl get her money back, though it seems like there should be. The only one I didn't test was the goblin scene after starting the quest to kill them.

Third, the game could really use save slots, even just a limited number would really help with testing out paths and decision points.

Incar1

Aug 25, 2017
I thought when I saw this in latest updates something had changed. It's still just as buggy as it was originally, still crashes if you die, and even on "easy" you have about 0.2 seconds to get the quick time buttons that barely work anyway. Not to mention I've never been able to find any H-scenes in spite of all the "screenshots" to the contrary.

Reactions: M2xim

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I tried the Android version on an Amazon Fire and it crashed in the beginning when asked to put down the weapon.

The little bit i played felt tedious and the combat was brainless and boring. Not worth all the walking you have to do.

Captain Ping

Jun 2, 2018
Hi, just wanted to let you know I got a game-breaking error in the "first" mission where I help some woman fight bandits (And I never attack those bandits, just have them hit me.)
When I lost the fight the game crashed, happened twice by me doing the exact same twice.

(This is windows by the way.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
seems promising, I did crash while hitting the heal button though. Also the game controller button for B doesn't work since it brings up the menu. What engine you using?
Not sure about what causes using skill to crash the game but if happens again, could you please share a screenshot of the error? Also gamepad is fixed now.
Any chance for a gallery in the future?
A mode where you can visit every scenario available in game is on my list, but it might take sometime since it'll be a lot of work and I want to focus on the current content first.
Alright, I last played this in august so I decided to see what several updates have done.

First off the bugs, I get a hell of a lot of random crashes. No pattern that I saw other than it happens randomly at loading screens and some of the autosave points and combat. I also got the music in the town to start looping over itself, I think there were 3-4 instances of the music playing at once with a new one starting at loading screens. The girl you can help with the bandits returns to her starting place and is unable interacted with after fighting the bandits (I always raided that tent before the quest because I kept forgetting to see if it was different). The character traits (honesty, cunning, exc.) don't seem to save properly, resetting to 0 on loading a save. There are also some map collision issues I found, namely in the tunnel you can walk up the walls there there are some dark grey spikey things and many of the cliffs on the cave map can be walked over.

Second, I was completely unable to trigger any adult scenes in the currently posted build. Specifically I tested various options in the last tutorial fight, and wasn't able to get a scene though I know there was one in the version I played last time. I wasn't able to offer a blowjob to enter the town, again something in the last version I played. There wasn't a scene losing to the bandits when helping the girl get her money back, though it seems like there should be. The only one I didn't test was the goblin scene after starting the quest to kill them.

Third, the game could really use save slots, even just a limited number would really help with testing out paths and decision points.
Sorry for the crashes, lately Gamemaker released a huge update which changed how the game engine works in various ways, that combined with my horrible code that I started writing 3 years ago, it was a disaster. Project didn't even work for 1-2 weeks after I ported it into the new version of Gamemaker. It was tough, but it was a chance for me to fix lots of garbage code that I wrote long long time ago, I took a risk, it was exhausting but I believe it was worth it.
That aside, I can see how allowing multiple profiles would benefit the player(also someone else requested that before iirc) so I'll keep that in mind.
I also fixed the save/load issues related to stats but I forgot to add that to the changelog.
should have a quest panel like rpg game where i can check my mission
A detailed quest panel is on our list, for now you can see your quests from inventory and see it's details by pressing action3 button(default should be 'D' in latest version) while inventory is open. That is one my placeholder systems.

Reactions: M4DX

AgentCrowe

Jul 10, 2017
The game crashes after you take Ann to the gate, after she finishes talking to the guards:

of Draw Event
for object obj_cutscene:

Unable to find instance for object index -4
at gml_Script_instance_move_target
############################################################################################
gml_Script_instance_move_target (line -1)
gml_Script_script_execute_cutscene (line -1)
gml_Script_cutscene_run
gml_Object_obj_cutscene_Draw_0

Reactions: Vandelius

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
The game crashes after you take Ann to the gate, after she finishes talking to the guards:

of Draw Event
for object obj_cutscene:

Unable to find instance for object index -4
at gml_Script_instance_move_target
############################################################################################
gml_Script_instance_move_target (line -1)
gml_Script_script_execute_cutscene (line -1)
gml_Script_cutscene_run
gml_Object_obj_cutscene_Draw_0
Thanks for the notice, there was a small typo. I'm sorry but you have to let Ann help you to continue(or don't bring Ann at all). It'll be fixed with the next update.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Oh well, I fixed and updated links on itch, be sure to check for updates if you are using butler.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
So, uh. The new update. is it SFW only, or am I missing something?
Apparently they uploaded SFW version for some reason, I'll let them know. Thanks for the heads up. You can also create a text file named 'lewd' to enable NSFW content in SFW version of the game(on PC).

Here's the links for NSFW version: - -

Reactions: IMPAQT

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Does any1 have error when want to get into first village?
I'm not aware of any error, if you can tell me in details maybe I can fix it in the next update? Just a screenshot of the error or copy/paste works.

Bob9999

Jun 24, 2017
I'm not aware of any error, if you can tell me in details maybe I can fix it in the next update? Just a screenshot of the error or copy/paste works.
When I enter village first time after the dialogue, this show up and game crash.
1.png

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
When I enter village first time after the dialogue, this show up and game crash.
View attachment 1008879
This issue has been already solved in 0.5.5.22 but I just checked again just to be sure and didn't find any problems. I'm assuming you have Ann with you and you declined her help(or you are playing SFW version) then game crashed because you are playing version 0.5.5.21. If that's the case, please update the game and you can continue from where you left.

If that's not what happened, then I need to know more to be able to find to issue. If you could send me your save data, located in C:\Users\'username'\Roaming\Kingdom_Lost\save_data.txt I could check it myself.

Bob9999

Jun 24, 2017
This issue has been already solved in 0.5.5.22 but I just checked again just to be sure and didn't find any problems. I'm assuming you have Ann with you and you declined her help(or you are playing SFW version) then game crashed because you are playing version 0.5.5.21. If that's the case, please update the game and you can continue from where you left.

If that's not what happened, then I need to know more to be able to find to issue. If you could send me your save data, located in C:\Users\'username'\Roaming\Kingdom_Lost\save_data.txt I could check it myself.
Sure

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes