Others Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
Hmm, we have the same aspect ratio and I never had this problem in any device I tried. Did you played earlier versions? Did you tried changing your settings from options menu? Maybe try switching to windowed mode and reduce window size (SCALE options just below FULLSCREEN option). Looks like window size is bigger than your screen, which isn't normally allowed when you are changing screen size from options menu. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll add this to my bug database and see if I can figure it out later.
Like Iseiscream, none of the game options help. Fullscreen and all of the window sizes look the same. And this is the first version I've tried.

Denizen

Jun 5, 2017
I'm not sure what's the issue here, if you have any suspicions please let me know. Also if you could share a screenshot Iseiscream, that could help.
If you check at the bottom of the screenshot, you'll notice that the dialog box is cut off and the rest is background of fzone. Basically, I can't see which answers I choose

Tried on my phone, well, I could see the first dialog choice, but the second one was also cut off

Last edited:

YuriiH

Nov 3, 2017
Dammit there are tons of errors because of save file issues, guys just make sure to delete your save folder if game doesn't open. It's located at C:\users\'username'\appdata\roaming\kingdom_lost , you can quickly open appdata folder by pressing WIN+R and typing appdata, then navigate to roaming\kingdom_lost folder, delete the 'saves' folder.
It worked! Thank you!

Reactions: Psycho-Dev

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Like this.and i cant find the settings in any data files to change the resolution our somthing.game settings doesnt help.
Like Iseiscream, none of the game options help. Fullscreen and all of the window sizes look the same. And this is the first version I've tried.
If chancing scale doesn't help then there is a problem, it's probably calculating aspect ratio wrong or something, I'll add it to the bug list.

Reactions: Iseiscream

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Thank you for your fast reply

Here is another crashlog, maybe it will be helpful:
View attachment 1509737
Thank you very much, I asked because it didn't make any sense when I saw it in the automated bug reports(and I still don't get it), I'll add it to my bug list and take a look at it again soon.

I got 32 different bug reports just in two days and fixing them all might take some time but I'll fix the bugs mentioned here and release a bugfix first, then I'll move on to the others.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
There is a typo in Dianna's scene, extract the .zip file inside game folder to fix it(or just wait for the bugfix release).
1637435992254.png

anonymous558

Jun 6, 2018
Resolution not scaling correctly in windowed mode. Cannot see any decisions in the various scenes.

Not working in fullscreen either. I can't see anything because its being cut off. I can't really play the game if I can't see what the heck I'm doing so I think I'll wait for this to be fixed.

No, messing with fullscreen, as well as screen scaling, did not work. Neither did trying to manually fix things in the "appdata/roaming" directory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleaner20

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Resolution not scaling correctly in windowed mode. Cannot see any decisions in the various scenes.

Not working in fullscreen either. I can't see anything because its being cut off. I can't really play the game if I can't see what the heck I'm doing so I think I'll wait for this to be fixed.

No, messing with fullscreen, as well as screen scaling, did not work. Neither did trying to manually fix things in the "appdata/roaming" directory.
I found the related issue and I'm working on it. Most of the bugs mentioned here are solved and I'll release a bugfix update soon.

Alib234

Jun 11, 2021
hang on lemme strangle the dev real quick, for having every file be in a folder that's named assets while the game looks in the game's root folder, every file that needs a space missing it instead of being a _ and game looks for files with a different case than they actually are and I'm not bothered to fix all that mess myself. :)

Denizen

Jun 5, 2017
I found the related issue and I'm working on it. Most of the bugs mentioned here are solved and I'll release a bugfix update soon.
I'll give you even more headaches. Android version is a buggy mess. Only first dialog choice is visible, combat is literally unplayable (unresponsive no matter where you tap),

DocTrollan

Jul 28, 2020
This is actually unplayable to an absolutely ridiculous degree. I think the game locked up in 80% of my fights while playing the latest PC version. My favorite was when it put a save within a save within a save. Or that one time I made it crash to desktop by committing the crime of right clicking by accident.

Do people really give money to things like this? It's been in development since 2019 and I can speedrun it in under one minute by running to the town.

obake

Oct 4, 2017
downloaded the linux version 0.56, crashes at starting point, I have the crashlog here =>
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if it has solved or if it's the same save file issue then either redirect me or you can tell me where the save file is saved on linux

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
hang on lemme strangle the dev real quick, for having every file be in a folder that's named assets while the game looks in the game's root folder, every file that needs a space missing it instead of being a _ and game looks for files with a different case than they actually are and I'm not bothered to fix all that mess myself. :)
Similar problem happened with linux users before, assets folder is not the issue but formatting is, I'll take a look.
downloaded the linux version 0.56, crashes at starting point, I have the crashlog here =>
if it has solved or if it's the same save file issue then either redirect me or you can tell me where the save file is saved on linux
This is probably related to the problem mentioned in the first post, please wait for the bugfix update.

Reactions: obake

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
This is actually unplayable to an absolutely ridiculous degree. I think the game locked up in 80% of my fights while playing the latest PC version. My favorite was when it put a save within a save within a save. Or that one time I made it crash to desktop by committing the crime of right clicking by accident.

Do people really give money to things like this? It's been in development since 2019 and I can speedrun it in under one minute by running to the town.
If you mean saving in load screen numerous times, I triggered that bug once before but not sure what's the problem, if you have any ideas what might be the problem I'd like to know.

What's wrong with fights?

You are forgiven, but where did you right click?

Reactions: Nghtly

Nghtly

Sep 9, 2019
If you mean saving in load screen numerous times, I triggered that bug once before but not sure what's the problem, if you have any ideas what might be the problem I'd like to know.

What's wrong with fights?

You are forgiven, but where did you right click?
I just want to commend you for being able to take criticism on the chin like that, and immediately swap to debug mode. A+ dev, that is a beautiful and admirable trait to have.

Alib234

Jun 11, 2021
Similar problem happened with linux users before, assets folder is not the issue but formatting is, I'll take a look.

This is probably related to the problem mentioned in the first post, please wait for the bugfix update.
well the game doesn't look for the assets folder so it is part of the problem, as well as the other things

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
0.5.6.2 Released
- -

- -

Since I'm not planning to work on the engine for a while, I'll be opening a new poll in our Patreon to decide what kind of content will be added in the next update. We'll be focusing on new content in the upcoming update before we start to work on new features and mechanics, or polishing existing features.

Reactions: anon241
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes