souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Depending on how you define scamming, they have been. If you count constant claims that the updates will be out faster or have more content, but which are either slower or with a similar amount of content as scamming, then yes at this point they're scamming. If you don't count that as scamming then they're not.

Regardless, the facts are that they've claimed for several updates now that the next cycle would be faster, and it hasn't. With basically about 1.5 years of this now (not going back to check the actual numbers right now) of course the "whiners" will say it's bull. If they do manage to bring faster releases after this "huge update" then great, but at this point I personally have no faith in what they say, and will wait and see what actually happens over the next year or so.

Reactions: Anmitsu

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
I would argue that they don't have to be scamming anyone for their behavior to be unacceptable, it's one thing to have a longer than expected release schedule (I love Waifu Academy and a few of its releases have taken a while) but taking so long without communicating with the fans as to why you're taking so long is a really bad look.

Hopefully, everything they've said is true and they'll release a large update that matches the existent quality but that won't make the previous behavior any less unfortunate.

Communication is important and if what a fraction of what I've heard is true they don't really seem to understand that.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
The game becomes more complex and development time will continue to increase with each passing update. That's the trend since they entered development and they should just bite the bullet and be transparent with their patrons. Release dates of each update since the beginning:

0.1.0 - 25/05/2017
0.2.0 - 28/07/2017
0.3.0 - 07/10/2017
0.4.0 - 20/01/2018
0.5.0 - 23/05/2018
0.6.0 - 17/09/2018
0.7.0 - 01/01/2019
0.8.0 - 10/04/2019
0.9.0 - 00/08/2019

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
The game becomes more complex and development time will continue to increase with each passing update. That's the trend since they entered development and they should just bite the bullet and be transparent with their patrons. Release dates of each update since the beginning:

0.1.0 - 25/05/2017
0.2.0 - 28/07/2017
0.3.0 - 07/10/2017
0.4.0 - 20/01/2018
0.5.0 - 23/05/2018
0.6.0 - 17/09/2018
0.7.0 - 01/01/2019
0.8.0 - 10/04/2019
0.9.0 - 00/08/2019
Just because my brain insisted on it, here's the time between updates, roughly rounded to quarter months. As a note, Sierra left around update 5 (I think, not bothered to go back to double check the exact timing, I just remember the announced it like 2 updates after the split happened), but we can definitely see that update 5 is where the slowdown really started.

1-2 2 months
2-3 2.25 months
3-4 2.5 months
4-5 4 months
5-6 3.75 months
6-7 3.5 months
7-8 3.25 months
8-9 3.75+ months (not released yet)

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
Just because my brain insisted on it, here's the time between updates, roughly rounded to quarter months. As a note, Sierra left around update 5 (I think, not bothered to go back to double check the exact timing, I just remember the announced it like 2 updates after the split happened), but we can definitely see that update 5 is where the slowdown really started.

1-2 2 months
2-3 2.25 months
3-4 2.5 months
4-5 4 months
5-6 3.75 months
6-7 3.5 months
7-8 3.25 months
8-9 3.75+ months (not released yet)
In 0.5 they added raiding, improved visuals (map and inventory) and redone a lot (almost all) of code. So I can understand why it took them four months to do that. But after 0.5... I guess after Sierra left they stopped putting a lot of effort into the game. I don't think they are intentionally scumming people over, I just think they don't really want to work faster, so they decided to have this 3-4 months cycle. And keep making promises, so people who want faster updates would have some hope.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
In 0.5 they added raiding, improved visuals (map and inventory) and redone a lot (almost all) of code. So I can understand why it took them four months to do that. But after 0.5... I guess after Sierra left they stopped putting a lot of effort into the game. I don't think they are intentionally scumming people over, I just think they don't really want to work faster, so they decided to have this 3-4 months cycle. And keep making promises, so people who want faster updates would have some hope.
Sierra left somewhere during patch 0.6 and 0.7. Considering that they had to find a new writer and coder the delay wasn't even significant when it's compared to the rest.

BTW a lot of people here seems to misunderstand it, either intentionally or otherwise so it might be good to clarify it: When they said "one of the biggest update yet" they didn't mean number of H scenes. Very likely this update will only have 2-4 scenes at most, because a lot of other things had to be drawn. Human towns, human npcs, human sprites, minotaurs, tentacles and probably a lot of dialogue in the new areas. There have been at least 50 pages worth of "still only orcs?" post here and this kind of investment is unavoidable if they want to move to other races too.

"They don't talk about the complaints." No, but they address them with action. Read back the most common complaints regarding the content in this thread:
"Only orcs", 0.9 aims at enabling humans and possibly minotaurs.
"Too many girls, only Sabia and maybe Neve is good", check the scenes in 0.7 and 0.8. Neve had a solo scene and she shared 1 scene with Sabia, every other was Sabia, nobody else.
"Need more sub", only one real dom scene has been added in the last two patches.
"Need more scenes", yes, but as i mentioned, it seems people want variety and not just orcs, so they had to make the assets first.
"Too many side quests and distractions", along with the last one, they directly addressed it in the last part. They want to focus on scenes and Sabia as soon as possible.

Of curse, these are just promises at this point and they still need to deliver on them, but what else do you guys want? Patch 0.10 before 0.9? There are still plenty of things to criticize, like the update speed, planning and communication for example, but scamming and ignoring feedback just does not hold up if you look at the results too.

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
Sierra left somewhere during patch 0.6 and 0.7. Considering that they had to find a new writer and coder the delay wasn't even significant when it's compared to the rest.

BTW a lot of people here seems to misunderstand it, either intentionally or otherwise so it might be good to clarify it: When they said "one of the biggest update yet" they didn't mean number of H scenes. Very likely this update will only have 2-4 scenes at most, because a lot of other things had to be drawn. Human towns, human npcs, human sprites, minotaurs, tentacles and probably a lot of dialogue in the new areas. There have been at least 50 pages worth of "still only orcs?" post here and this kind of investment is unavoidable if they want to move to other races too.

"They don't talk about the complaints." No, but they address them with action. Read back the most common complaints regarding the content in this thread:
"Too many girls, only Sabia and maybe Neve is good", check the scenes in 0.7 and 0.8. Neve had a solo scene and she shared 1 scene with Sabia, every other was Sabia, nobody else.
"Need more sub", only one real dom scene has been added in the last two patches.
"Need more scenes", yes, but as i mentioned, it seems people want variety and not just orcs, so they had to make the assets first.
"Too many side quests and distractions", along with the last one, they directly addressed it in the last part. They want to focus on scenes and Sabia as soon as possible.

Of curse, these are just promises at this point and they still need to deliver on them, but what else do you guys want? Patch 0.10 before 0.9? There are still plenty of things to criticize, like the update speed, planning and communication for example, but scamming and ignoring feedback just does not hold up if you look at the results too.
I think you misquoted. Since the beginning of KOD my only complain was about realy long delays between updates. And the fact that they keep promising faster updates, but the delay keep growing. I remember when after 0.2 Nomo said in this thread, that they should work faster and 2 months is too long delay. But now it's 3-4 between updates (not counting this one) for the same amount of content that could be done in two.

Reactions: Jinsoyun

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I think you misquoted. Since the beginning of KOD my only complain was about realy long delays between updates. And the fact that they keep promising faster updates, but the delay keep growing. I remember when after 0.2 Nomo said in this thread, that they should work faster and 2 months is too long delay. But now it's 3-4 between updates (not counting this one) for the same amount of content that could be done in two.
Sorry, basically only the first line of my post was aimed at you, the rest of it was about a couple of other posts on this page. I just don't like to double post and didn't make things clear. I'm completely with you on your point. What i think Nomo would need is a road map or at least a bit more tangible planning. For example as i said, the delay in this patch was inevitable. Assets had to be drawn before we can explore human towns, so sooner or later a bigger, slower patch had to happen. And from what has been hinted we probably will eventually get to go to the shamans and the minotaurs too, so even if those might not end up as big as the humans now, some delay will happen again.
Right now it just seems like they start developing each patch without actually knowing what is going to be in it.

And again, sorry.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
It's fan-made. An android version of 0.8.3 was made but the link to it is down, you'll have to wait for someone who has it to reupload it.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

And I bet you the same armchair devs here will still keep ignoring this just so they can cry about how the game is dead or how they could make it better.:sneaky:

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
And I bet you the same armchair devs here will still keep ignoring this just so they can cry about how the game is dead or how they could make it better.:sneaky:
I don't recall anyone claiming to be able to make the game better, though there has been some calling it dead recently. There has been plenty of "I want more of my kink" and "they should be more transparent in their release squedule, progress and development time".

And frankly, on the internet you always end up with either a positive or negative extreme on thread (or forum in general), especially a very long running one. I personally find the overly positive ass kissing extreme far worse than the everything sucks extreme (which is generally what this thread is in during the time between updates). I find the overly positive threads also tend to be far worse whenever anyone expresses a different thought from the hive mind.

And, as I've said in the last few days here, I have no confidence in what hreinn says about future development time speeding up until they manage to do it for a year or so, to show that the "big update" they're working on now actually helped the development time or if the updates get larger in terms of scenes and story progress.

twitterpation

Jun 27, 2017
I don't recall anyone claiming to be able to make the game better, though there has been some calling it dead recently. There has been plenty of "I want more of my kink" and "they should be more transparent in their release squedule, progress and development time".

And frankly, on the internet you always end up with either a positive or negative extreme on thread (or forum in general), especially a very long running one. I personally find the overly positive ass kissing extreme far worse than the everything sucks extreme (which is generally what this thread is in during the time between updates). I find the overly positive threads also tend to be far worse whenever anyone expresses a different thought from the hive mind.

And, as I've said in the last few days here, I have no confidence in what hreinn says about future development time speeding up until they manage to do it for a year or so, to show that the "big update" they're working on now actually helped the development time or if the updates get larger in terms of scenes and story progress.
I agree. I'm hopeful for Hreinn to continue production on KoD as much as they can, but at the same time, at this point I distrust anything they say about their speed and estimated dates. They've clearly proven that they're bad judges of their own production speed. Still, I'm holding out to see if they can fulfil their promise with this next 'big update'

isdn

Aug 3, 2017
Dunno if this is the correct place for that, but I honestly would just love for them to go with something similiar to Noxian Nights, RPGM seemed to have worked out better for them.
Take Piltover as a setting for example. Lots of potentially good characters like Caitlyn, Jinx, Vi, Janna, hell the characters wouldnt even need to be from that region, do a vote and see which ones are favoured most.
Also, stuff like chemtech, hextech, chemdrugs or whatever, you name it, also make for interesting concepts game and artwise.

Not saying I generally dislike KoD or its characters, but I feel like if they would stick with something similar to NN just reimagined with a new setting and such, am I the only one feeling this way?

Would love to hear some opinions on this.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes