Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
Not at all what i said. The only two parts o said that were related to their declineing was the 10% dip in patreon and "if the jext update is bad, the game is probably dead". I actually said pretty much the opposite of "there is nothing you can do". I really dont think deleteing comments people post about their concerns and opinions is reasonable. Thats surrounding yourself with only people who talk about how amazing you are, and thats why rwby sucks ass now.
It's bullshit. Malise and The Machine and Divine Arms survived YEARS without andy update. LOK:REBIRTH have update every 5-6 month with only ONE scene. Hreinn Games are fucking saints if you compare them to some others (also simbro is literraly dead for year and people still paying, lol). They can do update every 6 months with two scenes and a lot of people (especially their discord) still will be paying them.
They said that this update will take longer because they want to flesh out background stuff so they could focus on scenes. Personally I think that they are lying. They wont speed up anything and they wont communicate either. But mark my words, when the update will come out there will be a big spilke in patreons. That was always the case with Hreinn. KOD will be dead ONLY when Hreinn give up. That's how Patreon work.

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
Hope that happens, would be nice.
If it hasn't already, probably won't happen at all T_T Too much existing stuff to change to accomodate it. This is so dumb, too, stripping and NPC reactions to outfits were such a great touch in Noxian Nights, why cut down on it? There were requests for it as early as the very first release, too.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
10 days isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things and to be fair they said "a lot of the update is done" not "it's completely done". I like poking fun at the devs every now and then but I still want them to succeed and will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Not_A_Horse

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
10 days isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things and to be fair they said "a lot of the update is done" not "it's completely done". I like poking fun at the devs every now and then but I still want them to succeed and will give them the benefit of the doubt.
From the way they worded it, it seems like the update would be completed after checking and tweaking.

"A lot of the update is done and needs to just be checked and tweaked a last time, and we can finally get this over with and show you all we have been doing.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
Does anyone have the guide of the latest version?

from is very good imho

on another note a new Patreon post is out with what looks like a juicy CG

r34X

Jan 2, 2019
Artwork def improved from looking at that post.

Lots of nice little details and the fidelity just seems way higher all around.

The one thing I always wanted to see change in this game was reusing the nsfw reactions more so we do not have to play through an hour of content to see some tits.

Planning out the hentai content so it is reusable interactions with different NPCs even from different races is a good move in that direction. Spending dozens of hours illustrating an interaction that will be used 1 time only in a game like this seems like such a huge waste and it is a problem in all hRPGs.

Repeatable scenes with great artwork which have lots of little variant pieces built in for variety is smart hGame making. Princess of Zeven does a good job of this (even though the machine translation for that game is absolutely awful - a new translation by kagura is due later this year)

One other thing related to that... In games where sub / dom or sluttiness or mind break can advance... It would be great if more creators started to plan those systems to be fluid either way - so for example: in a game the PC can become more and more mind broken through choosing slutty interactions, while also gaining a reputation for such acts - this leads to more and more sex scenes. Make it so that this can be reversed through some sort of process - be it a quest to change reputation, a trainer or mind alteration mechanic that has an NPC bring down mind break / sluttiness - or just make it magical or something.

Games should have a good story that has satisfying progress, but also plan all of the art assets to be reusable and repeatable, while also having an advancing path where new artwork is unlocked through progress. But make lvl 1 interactions still accessible even if you have access to lvl 10 events (for example). I wish more games were planned this way.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
Indeed, the art has improved a lot since Noxian Nights days but at the same time that's the only thing that has changed for the better. Well at least it's the most important thing.

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
So does that mean she will be able to walk around naked now? :love:
Looks like it. Don't think that this will be added In 0.9, though.
Thinking about it, it is really sad that they have this really long 4 months cycle. A lot of potential content (like walking naked or new outfits) will take them like a year of so to implement. Kinda wish they would comeback to Noxian Nights or at least early KOD release schedule, but they won't. Well I hope at least Hreinn would not abandon KOD, that certainly would be not fun.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Their patreon income took a hit this year. Hopefully they'll be able to rebound after 1-2 quality updates.

3.90 star(s) 73 Votes