Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Well, tomorrow afternoon for them can be wednesday morning in europe, so...

ryt, Bytrain: thank you both for the quick info.

Reactions: Aedan39

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
What a surprise. I'm so shocked they didn't hold to their release date. If even one of the release dates had been accurate, I might give them some credit, but it's been fail after fail after fail.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah, frankly the point they should announce the release date is when they've thoroughly bug tested the release and basically only need to upload it, not when they're still actually bug testing. Of course, with the something like 3-4 weeks they've claimed to be bug testing...

Twiner34ern

Jul 24, 2017
The problem is the people that still support this blatant theft, i can understand the art can take a while, but 4 cgs every 4 months is ridiculous. I know renpy is a clunky and messed up piece but its still just a python spinoff, coding a few scenes and lines at this point in the game, realistically doesnt take more than a week of casual coding + """testing""". Beta testing a game like kod is just such a bullshit excuse to delay and people still eat it up. You dont """beta test""" 4 scenes for several weeks, not to mention that the so called programmers are supposed to handle it with unit testing which is such a basic thing that a monkey would do it.
In reality, if people want a faster release schedule, they have to stop donating because right now hreinn is content with the money they get and will keep delaying as much as they deem fit. It's truly shameless and i hope people stop paying these clowns

Viressa

May 24, 2018
If everyone stops donating all we'd get out of it is a cancelled game.

Yeah, frankly the point they should announce the release date is when they've thoroughly bug tested the release and basically only need to upload it, not when they're still actually bug testing. Of course, with the something like 3-4 weeks they've claimed to be bug testing...
>Scream to high heaven that you want more communication from the developers

>That communication says something that disappoints you

>"They should just not tell us anything until the update drops."

:/

Feb 27, 2017
If everyone stops donating all we'd get out of it is a cancelled game.
Or a better market place where devs are incentivised to stick to schedules instead of milking fanatics that support no matter what or people forget they're a patron of

>Scream to high heaven that you want more communication from the developers

>That communication says something that disappoints you

>"They should just not tell us anything until the update drops."

:/
You must be new here, KoD every cycle; game going well, here is what to expect in next game, game release on X, game delayed until Y, they could literally copy and paste each "communication" and change the preview pics and version number and no one would notice

They should wait until testing is complete to announce to avoid further delays that have plagued development since the beginning = They should just not tell us anything until the update drops

ok buddy

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
It's another impatient teens feeling entitled episode?
Getting tired of this programming.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Or a better market place where devs are incentivised to stick to schedules instead of milking fanatics that support no matter what or people forget they're a patron of
A world where patreons are only successful if they produce their art on a strict schedule is a world where basically all of this free art you're enjoying here doesn't exist.

You must be new here, KoD every cycle; game going well, here is what to expect in next game, game release on X, game delayed until Y, they could literally copy and paste each "communication" and change the preview pics and version number and no one would notice

They should wait until testing is complete to announce to avoid further delays that have plagued development since the beginning = They should just not tell us anything until the update drops

ok buddy
When testing is complete and all that's left to do is upload is when the update drops, it takes a half-hour at most to upload a game if you don't have shit internet. If they don't say anything about release dates until they get to that point, it means they don't announce release dates at all, they just drop it the day of. Which would be fine by me, but people like you would be losing your fucking minds even more about it. Be careful what you wish for.

How long is the delay supposed to be?
It's supposed to be no more than 24 hours but we'll see. You know how these things go.

Reactions: arenas8

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
So someone who have a job that paid by your taxes can call in sick just because he wanted to, or even take annual leave for self recuperating.

But a patreon guy can't get any of those? Geez, and I thought we mods/staff are communist.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: greenp

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
So someone who work normal job can call in sick just because he wanted to, or even take annual leave for self recuperating.

But a patreon guy can't get any of those? Geez, and I thought we mods/staff are communist.
Calling in sick if you're not sick is illegal in Europe. An entire team of devs doing a critical bug whoopsie after 4 or 5 months of development is extremely shady too. One might start to think that they don't actually test the game!

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes