drebin

May 1, 2017
So someone who have a job that paid by your taxes can call in sick just because he wanted to, or even take annual leave for self recuperating.

But a patreon guy can't get any of those? Geez, and I thought we mods/staff are communist.
Patreon allows you to have a flexible schedule, unless of course you work a regular job at the same time. So they could have taken tuesday off, while working on sunday.
Also they decided on sunday for the release day.

Jul 28, 2017
I wish they could at least make a post at the beginning and end of a month. Right now we have got 5 posts in 4 months of development Creating a post is not that much right?

Feb 27, 2017
A world where patreons are only successful if they produce their art on a strict schedule is a world where basically all of this free art you're enjoying here doesn't exist.
why did you feel the need to add strict to what I said and make it seem unreasonable? it seems to exist just fine in other artistic industries I'm not saying they NEED to deliver on X date every time or else cancel sub but I mean 4months for 4 cg's and excuses and promises every cycle is getting old, they always blame renpy and coding but refuse to hire a programmer?

When testing is complete and all that's left to do is upload is when the update drops, it takes a half-hour at most to upload a game if you don't have shit internet. If they don't say anything about release dates until they get to that point, it means they don't announce release dates at all, they just drop it the day of. Which would be fine by me, but people like you would be losing your fucking minds even more about it. Be careful what you wish for.

It's supposed to be no more than 24 hours but we'll see. You know how these things go.
I know how they go for hreinn lol, it doesnt seem to be a frequent issue for any other game, especially of this size

but yea given their track record it would probably be best to announce when you're sure it's ready not when you think it is cause anyone whos coded knows that shit always takes longer then you think

Viressa

May 24, 2018
why did you feel the need to add strict to what I said and make it seem unreasonable? it seems to exist just fine in other artistic industries I'm not saying they NEED to deliver on X date every time or else cancel sub but I mean 4months for 4 cg's and excuses and promises every cycle is getting old, they always blame renpy and coding but refuse to hire a programmer?
1. It actually works horribly in other artistic industries. As a consumer, you don't get to see all the projects that get started and fail, let alone the immeasurably vaster number of projects that just never get started at all, due to toxic capitalist industry structure. Supporting independent artists whose work can't exist in the usual capitalist mode of production is the entire reason patreon exists in the first place.

If you don't like what's being done with your money, don't pledge. Mass cancellation of pledges isn't going to get hreinn to magically solve whatever behind the scenes problems are causing these long update cycles, it's just going to make them unable to work on the game anymore and kill the project altogether.

2. They actually have hired a programmer.

JasDoc

Mar 6, 2018
1. [...] due to toxic capitalist industry structure. Supporting independent artists whose work can't exist in the usual capitalist mode of production is the entire reason patreon exists in the first place.
You haven't had a sheer 'pleasure' to experience different type of economic system than a mythical capitalism, wherein you truly believe you're living, haven't you?

Last edited:

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
2. They actually have hired a programmer.
Press X to Doubt. I mean, yeah, probably, but I can only roll eyes.

Look, this isn't about schedules as much as properly managing expectations. The thing is, when they set the schedule themselves, they better deliver. This isn't some corporate wage-slaving studio where people are burning out due to arbitrary deadlines some brain-dead honcho has created. No, this is the equivalent of homework "eaten" by a dog. And sure, it can happen, once. But this type of shit is becoming old, fast.

There are ways to communicate in good faith even when the progress is slow (slower than Hreinn's, yes), it's not some voodoo magic. Report regularly, inform of the progress made, and don't tease or hype anything that's not ready to release. But hey, that's poor milking strategy, my bad, carry on with the bullshit.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
People are going to have super high expectations for this update because it took 5 months. It's either going to deliver and be considered a success, or a lot of people are going to be massively let down.

sniffles123

Jun 17, 2019
Having played (and enjoyed) the game since nought-point-two or so, I can only eagerly await the next release, regardless of when it turns up.

That said, having joined f95 and liked about for the past month or so, I feel I must add that the only way the comments of the people could be more effective, is if they channeled Michael Palin and shouted:
"Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Everyone! Can you see? I'm being repressed!"

The only speck of badness I can see is that if the next release comes out 'tomorrow', it'll be the twenty-fourth in my country! Does anyone in the America's or Europe know what that feels like?

It's like having a moderate crap, only to turn around and find the bowl to the brim then screaming at the bastard

WHY DON'T I FEEL ANY BETTER!

Oh well, guess I'll just listen to Pinball Wizard and have a nap.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
So I woke up and it's delayed? Again? Kek.
I bet their patreons are going absolute nuts now.
It's funny that they found such a serious bug after a month of testing or "testing" rather and just before release too. It's not a AAA game to bug test it for so long anyway lol. Hmm no, I'm sorry but I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was a kid. What now? They said they'll fix it on tomorrows afternoon but then Nomo in discord post said "if it's good we'll release asap" that could as well mean the next month XD Surely, they won't dare to right? Right? Would be much funnier though, it's already a clown fiesta at this point.

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
People are going to have super high expectations for this update because it took 5 months. It's either going to deliver and be considered a success, or a lot of people are going to be massively let down.
On this forum, last eight updates were considered a "massive let down". This will too. And the next ones. But for some reason after two and a half years of "massive let downs" people here still keep coming back for more "let downs"

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
That's because of the juicy art.
At this point i'm quite convinced that most people who have complained on the last few pages are Darkness-level masochists.
"I know the release will take more than 3 months, but i will sit here, waiting for the next patch two weeks after the last one".
"I know there will be delays but i'll sit here hyped up and waiting for a week before the first announced date."
"I know the content will be not enough / not what i want, but i'll still jump on it like it's the best christmas present ever."
And so on. You guys seem to enjoy this even more than the game itself. :)

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
At this point i'm quite convinced that most people who have complained on the last few pages are Darkness-level masochists.
"I know the release will take more than 3 months, but i will sit here, waiting for the next patch two weeks after the last one".
"I know there will be delays but i'll sit here hyped up and waiting for a week before the first announced date."
"I know the content will be not enough / not what i want, but i'll still jump on it like it's the best christmas present ever."
Not going to lie I'm quite enjoying it not as much as the game but at least much longer than the game.

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
Since 0.1, every update reaction here was something like:"This is the WORST thing they've done! Unacceptable! If they will continue to disappoint people(me), then this game will be DEAD!"

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes