r34X

Jan 2, 2019
From what I've seen they usually go radio silent after uploading maybe 1-2 hot fixes for latest patch and are MIA for like 2 months before they make a post about upcoming version and how great it will be.

And then 1-3 months later they upload the latest version but punt most of the more interesting features to a future version and underwhelm with newest version.

They really should have stuck with RPGM or something. Ren'Py games usually underwhelm in general imo.

Anita Deek

Feb 14, 2018
They really should have stuck with RPGM or something. Ren'Py games usually underwhelm in general imo.
I think what you mean, if I may, is that this happens because there's not much you can add to a renpy engine technical content-wise that would wow the audience. Content-wise the exceptions would be art and writing.
Personally, I haven't seen a renpy game that stands out with its technical side from the rest of the renpy games, they're all the same in almost everything else but the CG's and story-telling.

Dragon139

Apr 17, 2018
From what I've seen they usually go radio silent after uploading maybe 1-2 hot fixes for latest patch and are MIA for like 2 months before they make a post about upcoming version and how great it will be.

And then 1-3 months later they upload the latest version but punt most of the more interesting features to a future version and underwhelm with newest version.

You're forgetting the bonus pack they do. A post a few weeks after the release, a month of silence and then its release followed by silence till the "almost ready post".

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Remember future releases are supposed to be faster by now. LOL
At this point they can still take another 4 months and still be faster than the last time. :D
On that note, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the bonus pack to be released?

D

Deleted member 584847

I dont know... Ive played this game like a year ago, maybe a bit sooner and i was completely taken away by it.

now? ... sorry but to me, it looks like someone else wrote the content after the warchief kidnapping. The content before that is really great but after that? Uninteresting, confusing, small number of choices you can make, forcing, less nasty, even some of the new npc's looks worst then others (the merchants and the bartender in the new village).
like, literally.. at most places i can visit, the only option i can do there is "go back" ..

Reactions: Captain Kirk

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I dont know... Ive played this game like a year ago, maybe a bit sooner and i was completely taken away by it.

now? ... sorry but to me, it looks like someone else wrote the content after the warchief kidnapping.
Well, that's kinda what happened.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes