Rhododendron

Oct 28, 2019
Well, in one of their recent post they said that this update will have a lot of text. Plus 2-3 patches ago they said that after 2-3 H-oriented updates they would focus on the story a bit more again, so that one seems to fit. And if this bigger quest is indeed story based, then they have to write variations of it... Combining an update like this with the pandemic, personal tragedies and of course the delayed patching of the last one can be time consuming. I do think that their normal speed is slow already, but it seems like this time the worst case scenario of everything coincided.
I believe in them, I really do because this game is unique in lots of ways and I want this game to be good, but unfortunately it looks less and less likely that it will ever be finished. I mean it has been over 3 fucking years and content is stagnating more and more.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
It has been over 3 fucking years.
KoD has been in development for over four years actually (at least); though, v0.1.0 was released in 2017. Like you and many others, we all want the game to "turn out good", but the team's rather severe lack of communication and their apparent biannual release schedule that they've settled into really hampers my faith in them, to be honest.

Epifan

Jul 18, 2017

Unlocked

Hey guys, end of month update to let you know where we're at.
My (Monsinne) mum fell over and broke her hip early September, had surgery, and isn't allowed to walk at the moment, so I've had a bit less time to work than usual having to take care of her.
That being said, we are still working and we've finished design/sprite for one of the new characters coming in the next patch - Jasmine. A dangerous woman that Sabia has history with. Some of her backstory and character will be explored in 0.11 and further on as well.
We're also working on the last quest for 0.11 - a quest involving Avion and Kira. We'll give you a bit more info about that when it's closer to being done.
Hope you guys are as excited to meet Jasmine as we were creating her. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for the support, and stay safe.

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017

Unlocked

My (Monsinne) mum fell over and broke her hip early September, had surgery, and isn't allowed to walk at the moment, so I've had a bit less time to work than usual having to take care of her.
That being said, we are still working and we've finished design/sprite for one of the new characters coming in the next patch - Jasmine. A dangerous woman that Sabia has history with. Some of her backstory and character will be explored in 0.11 and further on as well.
We're also working on the last quest for 0.11 - a quest involving Avion and Kira. We'll give you a bit more info about that when it's closer to being done.
Hope you guys are as excited to meet Jasmine as we were creating her. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for the support, and stay safe.
thanks for the info and the pic dude you are great!I find it insane that its been 7 months since last update and they dont even act apologetic about nor that noone questions that...

Dante477

Apr 1, 2019

Unlocked

Ofcourse, I wish his mom to get well soon, but to be honest, with all the delays and excuses, it's just so hard to get excited for the game anymore. I just hope the new update is worth the wait. ohh yeah, the new character looks hot btw.

Reactions: Back

sam1545654

Jan 1, 2018
...Another new character!... Wait. Another one?.... Another new character who will be in the next 2 updates, then not in the following update then have a bit part in the update after that, after which 3 more updates later (so in the next 7-10 years) will make a cameo appearance and then be completely disregarded from that point forward. Right On!

Stay tuned for the next update. Word on the street is we will be getting around 14 new locations that will serve no purpose and never see the light of day in game!!!

And theres people in this place saying they arent moving the plot/story along. For Shame.

Sep 8, 2017

Unlocked

1602727398520.png

Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017
...Another new character!... Wait. Another one?.... Another new character who will be in the next 2 updates, then not in the following update then have a bit part in the update after that, after which 3 more updates later (so in the next 7-10 years) will make a cameo appearance and then be completely disregarded from that point forward. Right On!

Stay tuned for the next update. Word on the street is we will be getting around 14 new locations that will serve no purpose and never see the light of day in game!!!

And theres people in this place saying they arent moving the plot/story along. For Shame.
This. 100% this. I wish they would just focus on the characters and assets they have rather then bother with this constant feature/new character creep.

Feb 1, 2017

Unlocked

Hold the phone, did they forget to post this update at the end of September? I remember catching a stream either mid or late last month where Nomo finished the character (then again maybe not all the expression variations), which is his latest stream.
That said though, sucks for him and his mother if it's true, and bless their hearts for giving Avion some more love. Now I'm definitely positive about writer's block being the bottleneck.

Hanten

Nov 12, 2016

Unlocked

I actually think there is a reverse correlation between the delays and family issues cropping up. It's not that mysteriously convenient injuries are causing development delays, but rather these guys are so slow at releasing updates that the odds of something bad happening to one of them or their family members increases exponentially.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes