Epifan

Jul 18, 2017

Unlocked

Hey guys, just letting you know where we are at.
Right now, all the variant packs have been completed, and Nomo is just finishing off a couple of extra sketches for the packs. To clarify again what a variant pack is - each patch cycle, we write and illustrate 3 short non-canon stories (1-2k words, 3-8~panels normally), that have been suggested and voted on by $25+ patrons. These will be posted in a couple of days (before the 31st) after the extra sketches have been finished. The art packs for $15+ patrons will be posted at the same time.
For $15+ patrons, we will be also be posting the patron pick thread with the packs. The prompt will be along these lines: Sabia has received an influx of monetary support for the tents. She is going to do her best to improve them further as a basis for expansion outside of Grok og Dar. To drum up interest and support, she will be performing as Ba'ashi again.
The prompt follows the performance. Will she just be doing a dance? Or maybe she invites some people on stage? A lapdance? It will be focused on Sabia, but the audience of orcs can be involved or Bris can help, but does not take over the scene or direct it. This will be posted on the 29th, 4am EST, so you have until then to think about what you'd like to put as your patron pick suggestion.
Thanks guys!

May 26, 2019
There should be a zip collection for all the CGs, including one for the variant packs. It's a measure for those who only want to view the art assets while otherwise don't want to put up with the grind.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

Back

Aug 3, 2017
As it's been said by many times by various folks, I wish the team would just focus on the game and get things done there and start making significant forward progress. Instead, they're wasting so, so much time and effort on all these "fanfic" scenarios and art packs that have absolutely zero impact and bearing to the game since they're not part of the story at all. None whatsoever. These variant packs takes more effort than doing a proper update to the game in the same span of time. Still haven't felt the need to update in, gosh, forever since there's still essentially nothing there yet.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
so much time and effort on all these "fanfic" scenarios
Its weird, why don't they just include all of those in the game and update. Sure give it exclusively to your patrons for 3-6 months but than put it in the game. Why keep all that work out on the floor.

Reactions: Nitan17

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Its weird, why don't they just include all of those in the game and update. Sure give it exclusively to your patrons for 3-6 months but than put it in the game. Why keep all that work out on the floor.
It's one way to encourage people to pay for the game. Unless you pirate you can't get the content, and as hard as it is to believe some people don't know how to or aren't willing to pirate.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
The scenarios don't often fit very well into the game overall. They make little sense to the story or the involved characters (personality or otherwise) relative to the grand scheme of things. Hence, they're official "fanfics" from the dev team themselves, but not related to the game nonetheless. They're supposed to be small bonuses for their higher-tiered patreons; yet, it comes off to many as just another way for them to grift their fans, and put less work into the game itself in order to prolong and milk it.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
These variant packs takes more effort than doing a proper update to the game in the same span of time.
Alright, I'll bite. How do you figure that? A brand new scene in an update requires:

- Drawing several images from scratch (albeit a lot of work can be saved as you're only doing things like changing facial expressions for the vast majority of them)
- Writing about 2000-5000 words of text in the scene itself, plus however many thousands of words and scripting in whatever quests leads up to the scene.

A variant pack scene requires:

- Slight modifications of a scene already drawn (usually putting a different head on the body, or drawing on a different outfit)
- Just the 2000-5000 words for the scene itself, no quest dialogue and scripting required.

(This is why I stopped bothering to try to integrate my fanfic mod scenes into the game itself and just put them in Sabia's tent to view in a gallery.)

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Alright, I'll bite. How do you figure that?
You know what? I stand corrected. (Forgive me if I type anything incoherently as I may be a little drunk off New Year's celebrations.)

After looking into a bit, I was mistaken about an assumption I had apparently made. I was under the impression that they were pumping out these packs all the time with a bimonthly release at the latest between packs. Y'know, as a "monthly" rewards for their higher-tiered patrons. Given that, I thought the time spent to come up with various ideas (and putting them to vote at times), doing the write-ups and necessary revisions, and the art would take significant time away from other aspects -- such as actually working on the game itself. Yes, I'm aware they wouldn't take into account too much of the game's variables, if any; thus, they wouldn't need to worry about that stuff since it was supposed to be a "fun, fanfic" kind of thing. Taken as whole, to hit that monthly or bimonthly quota would have been a significant investment of time and effort. That was how I understood it.

This, of course, was an incorrect assumption; and I appreciate Viressa for indirectly squaring me on that matter. Unfortunately, it appears to me, now that I know that they are about as slow with these packs as their updates, that they may actually have less of a work ethic than I had imagined. This is... making me quite sad. I really want to believe in the team and in their project and vision. But after reading the above post and (admittedly) briefly looking into the matter and the dev team's perpetuity for being tight-lipped on news and progress updates, I'm left leaning towards the thought even more that they may actually be milkers, or lazy, or both. And that was not something I was fully on board with. Aw crap, now I'm a little bummed out. I'm gonna go get some pie. Pie is great. I like pie.

Happy new year, everyone! Hope it'll be awesome and wonderful for you all! May the lewd be with you! Cheers! Go get drunk.

3.90 star(s) 73 Votes