CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Their communication on their Discord server mainly consists of the following words:

When, delay, maybe, future, possibly, later, not sure, if, soon, longer as expected, etc...

(I'm not joking.)
Even if you intend to be joking, that's the truth we've seen so far, right?

Reactions: Enigmanic

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Ah, my apologies for the mix up - Dante477 seems to have the right of it.

However, an argument for inference can be made on Bris' behalf: I'm not sure where exactly - might've been with the human traders on a quest for Vehlis - but at some point outside of the camp it get's mentioned that a Dufuor / Dufour daughter was killed in the area, so it could be said that Sabia's 'death', even without her name specifically being mentioned, is not uncommon knowledge.
Bris puts things together - time of arrival, her demeanour, hair (though not necessarily) - and her identity is uncovered. Made easier at any point by asking a person who would know, 'what was this noble's first name?'

Though I doubt the head cat girl has many days off to pop into town, although she did lead the caravans, which could very feasibly be trading with Grog ok Dar.

Mind you this is all speculation and conjecture, and even as I write it it does sound a little far-fetched.

But yeah: although I have an older version that funks out due to image conflicts at that point, it is not made clear how Bris comes about this vital piece of information.

Another possibility: working in the tents - much ado has been made about them being a source of information - an orc could have mentioned the original raid- oh wait no, they didn't know who she was either. Never mind!

(Actually come to think of it, I wonder what in the capital or thereabouts, was being said about it? Her mother and sister were behind the attack, but surely someone wondered about their daughter/sister and potential war hero being killed off by orcs/ went walkabout near orcs and the lack of punitive measures being taken - something I quite easily imagine the ladies would do. Crap, now I've outhought meself: either one of them could say that she was on a secret mission or an extent patrol. Or anything. I'm gonna stop writing now and press send.)
Exactly this.

Sabia has been giving out her name carelessly since day one to dozens of people, which recently included even some thugs who apparently worked for her childhood rival, Jasmine. So there are dozens of ways to explain how and why Bris found out her real identity. And this could be turned into a nice little mission too. Finding out how Bris got the information and tracking down the source could even lead to some way for Sabia to blackmail Bris right back.

It can be solved a lot of ways, i was just surprised how this turn of events came out of nowhere.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
i was just surprised how this turn of events came out of nowhere
It caught me off guard, too! Maybe the writer is testing out the waters to see if can make the cut to fit Sierra's shoes in terms of storytelling. This whole theory about Bris caught my interest.

This is really a turn of events, of some sort, for both Kingdom of Deception and Hreinn. Perhaps.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
some way for Sabia to blackmail Bris right back
One of the simplest yet crude methods: Tell the Orcs to call her Fluffy. She really doesn't like to be called Fluffy when she spoke with Elmy at the bar and Sabia (depending on the players' choice) decided to eavesdrop on them.

Don't know if that's powerful enough to keep Bris on the leash, but at least Sabia can use the nickname for a while.

kailina55

Aug 11, 2018
Figured I'd check in since it's been around 3 months since the last update... anyone on their discord heard anything about when to expect the next soonish faster update? Based off the last changelog it sounded like we wouldn't have to wait as long. (hope dies last) "Sadly while the art is done for scenes that had Neve, Flufftooth and more of what you will find in this update, we didn't get to add them here, so expect them soonish in the next faster update, since we didn't want to just rush them in and not give them a nice setting and writing. "

Dante477

Apr 1, 2019
Exactly this.

Sabia has been giving out her name carelessly since day one to dozens of people, which recently included even some thugs who apparently worked for her childhood rival, Jasmine. So there are dozens of ways to explain how and why Bris found out her real identity. And this could be turned into a nice little mission too. Finding out how Bris got the information and tracking down the source could even lead to some way for Sabia to blackmail Bris right back.

It can be solved a lot of ways, i was just surprised how this turn of events came out of nowhere.
I agree with you there, especially with the thugs who work with Jasmine, but I also think that was intentional from the writer. He wants Sabia to make careless mistakes, but those small mistakes may lead to major consequences in the future. (Especially with Jasmine.)

As for how Bris managed to find out Sabia's identity, here's my theory; Bris stated that she was "Told" the information that means she had a contact, but who is this contact who laid out to her the information? I think it was Neve, think about it for a minute, Bris isn't smart enough to uncover it by herself, the Cat-girls aren't welcomed in the human towns and no one knows in the Orc camp besides Vehils. So that leaves Neve as the culprit, and for the right price, she won't mind sharing this little information with Bris. Neve is a shady character, and just like CourierNPC said perfectly in an earlier post, she's like Big Smoke or Gary Smith (from Bully.)

In conclusion, this is how I think it worked out, but of course I could be wrong and things might be the complete opposite in the future, but we will see.

Dante477

Apr 1, 2019
One of the simplest yet crude methods: Tell the Orcs to call her Fluffy. She really doesn't like to be called Fluffy when she spoke with Elmy at the bar and Sabia (depending on the players' choice) decided to eavesdrop on them.

Don't know if that's powerful enough to keep Bris on the leash, but at least Sabia can use the nickname for a while.
I don't think it's powerful enough to give Sabia a real leverage over Bris, But I do think Dom Sabia might use it for her advantage. Just like how Bris keeps insulting Sabia in the Sub route by calling her a Fuck Pig, Dom Sabia might insult and humiliate Bris futher by calling her Fluffy.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018

Well, Sabia could accuse the catgirls of spying and suggest to the orcs to either make sure that the catgirls have no stamina left at the end of the day or just be more forceful to them. With this Sabia would throw the argument Bris made back at her: even if Sabia didn't have enough evidence, the orcs wouldn't mind the suggestion and since they are not ready to leave yet the catgirls would just end up more abused if Bris spoke up.

It would be funny in my opinion, since Sabia knows the catgirls are spying. She told them to do so, but if Bris outs her real identity, then a bit of information gathering couldn't make things any worse for Sabia than it already is. Sabia would essentially say that if she is taken down, then the catgirls will suffer with her so Bris' hands would be tied. Maybe literally too.

Simple, short and works. A better story teller than me could turn something like this into a fun scenario.

But it's interesting that both you and Dante477 considered the possibility of Neve being the source so likely. I didn't play the game you mentioned, but i just never thought of this option. I'll definitely play with this thought later.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
considered the possibility of Neve being the source so likely
I think of it like this:

Neve is someone who happens to favor fun over everything else while keeping her business to herself. Somehow, she happen to find one of the daughters of a very powerful noble family in Lundar who got screwed by her family and a band of rogue Orcs in some backwoods near Sorthyos Lake and is now in the custody of the Grok og Dar Orcish Tribe. While she is working her way up either by manual labor or whoring it out to everything and everyone, she knows that this information is vital to any parties who are interested in knowing Sabia's whereabouts or wanted to make an asset out of her.

With this information in hand, all she needs is either going Big Smoke or going Lance Vance -- keep it to herself for long enough and make her too late to realize that she's being sold out in secret or backstab the woman the moment the opportunity comes. Of course, at the same time, she can choose and prioritize who's got the first taste of the information (for example, with the theories presented above, Bris got this very vital information, despite not knowing who Sabia was in the past).

Also, after the events of "Chaos in the Camp," at first, Kira had no interest in Sabia joining her ranks, but when Neve told Kira that Sabia is not like everyone else (in a way, of course), she gave her another chance and to prove herself by a test of skill and test of cunning to prove her worth in front of everyone, especially Kira.

Other than knowing Sabia's name personally, Neve indirectly knows about her growth and rise in the ranks of the Orcs through (as far as important and religious Orcish events) Membership Ritual, Horned God's Night, Red God's Arena, succeeding in Kentark training, upset the balance of Grok og Dar, capturing the Catgirls, and even humiliate the tribe's shaman in front of everyone and the Chief.

With her being the "neutral observer" of the tribe and lack of interest in Orcish politics, most of the people's suspicion about Neve is reduced significantly and gives her a huge boost of leverage to share information, and she isn't in the camp for most of the time. So only a few guards or occasional passerby knew what she's doing behind the scenes, but probably dismisses it for something else entirely.

Unrelated: I think Neve mentioned that she had a "friend." I wonder who's this "friend" is...

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Figured I'd check in since it's been around 3 months since the last update... anyone on their discord heard anything about when to expect the next soonish faster update? Based off the last changelog it sounded like we wouldn't have to wait as long. (hope dies last) "Sadly while the art is done for scenes that had Neve, Flufftooth and more of what you will find in this update, we didn't get to add them here, so expect them soonish in the next faster update, since we didn't want to just rush them in and not give them a nice setting and writing. "
Well, I think you got to ask somebody who had access to their Discord server to be sure. As far as I can tell, "soonish in the next faster update" could be, at the very least, between three months to half a year, if I wanted to be a little generous.

Already replied some posts above. Don't mind this one.

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
is the cg rip up to date?
I think the CG RIP only covers up to update 0.4.0 or something, which was very outdated by now (unless if you'd like to see the old art of Nomo before the quality drop). the web view of what has been recently released, as far as CGs go.

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
God bless you man. Fuck this quest. What the fuck was the developer thinking.

EDIT: my god, bris taking over the tents makes absolutely no sense. terrible writing. none of this makes any sense. It's a complete turn off. The better angle would be for sabia to just work at the fucking tents to reward the orcs after winning battles against her mage sister; that would fit along side the severely neglected main story.

Either Vehlis should take over the tents, NEVE, or whoever Sabia sided with. If Sabia sided with Tekrok, Tekrok takes over the tents and appoints one of his minions or something. Then they use the money to fund the war effort against Sabia's sister.

Fuck, this writing went to total and utter shit.

Bris taking over the tents makes no fucking sense. She's had almost no character development. It should be either Vehlis, Neve, or whichever Orc Sabia sided with.
I totally agree with every word. The latest update from Briss made me uninstall the game. I waited for an update for almost a year, but it turned out to be a heap of garbage without mechanics and alternatives. Previously, at least you could choose whether Sabia behaves like a submissive or refuses, now I don't even have the freedom of choice...

No, I certainly understand when one of the orc leaders after a long storyline dominates Sabia, but when the whore from the tent humiliates Sabia, and you don't even have the opportunity to tell her to fuck off, it's stupid.

Unfortunately, the plot of the game has become boring and linear, the animation is lazy, nothing significant happens, there is no battle dynamics. Even more, after the updates, there is no battle at all, both single and in detachments, although everything was before, even the style of painting became worse!

Also wait for tiny updates by half a year. I see no reason to pay developers on patreon, they are completely lazy. Kingdom of Deception was such an interesting project in the beginning, and is so dull now. It's a pity. It used to be my favorite game. I practically lived it. But unfortunately, the game rolled very badly, I removed KoD and I don't think I'll install it again.

Xiblis

Aug 10, 2020
I am sorry but the rescue Vehlis quest is so hard bugged.
After discussing divination of the Keep with Alioch you have the option to rescue vehlis, but you need to buy a potion to avoid bad ending. However at the market I have no dialogue option to buy it.

No matter what combination of scans I use, no matter how about I go to Jasmines room no matter how many times I visit the castle the dialogue option for the potion just wont appear.

I also tried doing everything as it is written in the Walkthrough that didnt help either, so the quest is bugged or the walkthrough is faulty.

Xiblis

Aug 10, 2020
Okay never mind, what the walkthrough infact did not state is you need to investigate all areas before the you can buy the potion

Reactions: mjp083

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Unfortunately, the plot of the game has become boring and linear, the animation is lazy, nothing significant happens, there is no battle dynamics. Even more, after the updates, there is no battle at all, both single and in detachments, although everything was before, even the style of painting became worse!
An unfortunate price to pay after losing such a good writer on their team.

I'd volunteer to be their proofreader if they open up a position for it, to be honest.

Reactions: rockon123

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
An unfortunate price to pay after losing such a good writer on their team.

I'd volunteer to be their proofreader if they open up a position for it, to be honest.
I'm sure that would be great. When a person does what he has a passion for ))

Maybe you should write Nomo? Who knows, maybe this will be the beginning of cooperation and the game will become great again.

Reactions: rockon123

Karminator

Dec 12, 2021
Just downloaded the game and I got to say it lives up to its hype

It's kinda retarded that the sabia who is probably the second strongest character in the orc camp gets dominated by a average cat girl and few orcs .

Sabia has close ties with the merchant lady and the new temp chief . (Can't remember their names)

Catgirls have a lower reputation than humans as it is .and to some extent most orcs do know sabia can kill them so it's redicilous that a catgirl is leading the tents directly with backing of the orcs.

They should have gone with the pure black mail+humiliation route . Or give a rational explanation on why the cat girl hates saibia after all she did to help the catgirls.

Anyway has anyone tried the DOM path , I wonder what will happen then?

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Just downloaded the game and I got to say it lives up to its hype

It's kinda retarded that the sabia who is probably the second strongest character in the orc camp gets dominated by a average cat girl and few orcs .

Sabia has close ties with the merchant lady and the new temp chief . (Can't remember their names)

Catgirls have a lower reputation than humans as it is .and to some extent most orcs do know sabia can kill them so it's redicilous that a catgirl is leading the tents directly with backing of the orcs.

They should have gone with the pure black mail+humiliation route . Or give a rational explanation on why the cat girl hates saibia after all she did to help the catgirls.

Anyway has anyone tried the DOM path , I wonder what will happen then?
If you follow the Dom path - Bris tries to start the whole blackmail business but Sabia turns the tables on her. Bris then gets dominated, passed around and humiliated for Sabia's amusement to teach her a lesson.

Karminator

Dec 12, 2021
I totally agree with every word. The latest update from Briss made me uninstall the game. I waited for an update for almost a year, but it turned out to be a heap of garbage without mechanics and alternatives. Previously, at least you could choose whether Sabia behaves like a submissive or refuses, now I don't even have the freedom of choice...

No, I certainly understand when one of the orc leaders after a long storyline dominates Sabia, but when the whore from the tent humiliates Sabia, and you don't even have the opportunity to tell her to fuck off, it's stupid.

Also wait for tiny updates by half a year. I see no reason to pay developers on patreon, they are completely lazy. Kingdom of Deception was such an interesting project in the beginning, and is so dull now. It's a pity. It used to be my favorite game. I practically lived it. But unfortunately, the game rolled very badly, I removed KoD and I don't think I'll install it again.
Wow there was no Dom path in this? You mean the bad ass saibia who raided and dominated everyone ? Gets forced to be a sub dafuk

I played the sun rout and even I felt it was dumb that some no name orc can rape her againt her will when she can probably break their necks like twigs

Also there is a massive drop in originality in the art , they re used most of the existing art and just replaced orcs with humans. It's obvious they have gone lazy .

Best to uninstall it , I just realised this game has been in development of 4 years wtf , i would say the story is not even 40% completed. They will just milk it fir 10 years, with 5mins of new content every year

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes