Karminator

Dec 12, 2021
If you follow the Dom path - Bris tries to start the whole blackmail business but Sabia turns the tables on her. Bris then gets dominated, passed around and humiliated for Sabia's amusement to teach her a lesson.
Off atleast they got that right , imagine playing the game for years waiting for a new update and they ruin your DOM build

Anyway it's a good game with replay value but sub path looks dumb at the end

Reactions: Enigmanic

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I'm sure that would be great. When a person does what he has a passion for ))

Maybe you should write Nomo? Who knows, maybe this will be the beginning of cooperation and the game will become great again.
Tried to send them an email inquiring an open staff slot a few years ago, but to no avail.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Just downloaded the game and I got to say it lives up to its hype

It's kinda retarded that the sabia who is probably the second strongest character in the orc camp gets dominated by a average cat girl and few orcs .

Sabia has close ties with the merchant lady and the new temp chief . (Can't remember their names)

Catgirls have a lower reputation than humans as it is .and to some extent most orcs do know sabia can kill them so it's redicilous that a catgirl is leading the tents directly with backing of the orcs.

They should have gone with the pure black mail+humiliation route . Or give a rational explanation on why the cat girl hates saibia after all she did to help the catgirls.

Anyway has anyone tried the DOM path , I wonder what will happen then?
Out of these three people, none of which had the same expertise as the old writer who left the team some years ago. I kinda get it if in between the three had no idea how submission works. In between them, it's probably their first time writing such scenario -- but who knows?

To be honest, I know BDSM from R34 (meaning I only knew the very tip of the iceberg), but wouldn't hurt that much to ask people who had expertise on the matter to get a better understanding.

I kinda sense that Hreinn as a team is getting more burned out.

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
Wow there was no Dom path in this? You mean the bad ass saibia who raided and dominated everyone ? Gets forced to be a sub dafuk

I played the sun rout and even I felt it was dumb that some no name orc can rape her againt her will when she can probably break their necks like twigs

Also there is a massive drop in originality in the art , they re used most of the existing art and just replaced orcs with humans. It's obvious they have gone lazy .

Best to uninstall it , I just realised this game has been in development of 4 years wtf , i would say the story is not even 40% completed. They will just milk it fir 10 years, with 5mins of new content every year
Quite right. I was shocked that my Sabia, who commanded the military and defeated everyone in the arena, was standing and could not say anything to the cat girl!

Yes, I choose the submissive path, but even when the shaman or the orc leader tried to humiliate me, at least I always had the choice to refuse or come up with something. For example, I didn't go through the shaman's rituals, just because I didn't want to. But there is an absolute linearity of choice. Now, if you are a submissive, then any character can use you as they want. And there's nothing you can do about it. Idiocy.

And by the way, you are absolutely right about the laziness of the developers who simply replaced the orcs with black mercenaries. It's a cheap move. I think you're right. They will continue to milk the game for years, with tiny updates, without the development of the main plot.

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
If you follow the Dom path - Bris tries to start the whole blackmail business but Sabia turns the tables on her. Bris then gets dominated, passed around and humiliated for Sabia's amusement to teach her a lesson.
Thank you. I was wondering what happens in the case of the DOM path. The problem is that the SUBs are not given a choice. Although before, the player always had a choice.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you. I was wondering what happens in the case of the DOM path. The problem is that the SUBs are not given a choice. Although before, the player always had a choice.
True, you usually get a choice but in this case it's a matter of:
Bris tries to blackmail Sabia.
If Sub..
If Dom..

Seannnq

Dec 12, 2021
can someone send me or post here a save right before the power struggle for tents please my previous laptop broke and i cant be bothered to play again also sub if possible

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd been supporting the game since 2017. I've also been running a couple erotic online roleplaying campaigns for 4 years. I have offered more than once to help write for the game. I even offered to work for free.
They didn't even bother replying, too. So I kinda figured out what kind of people I'm working with. From there, I knew these folks aren't the ones who opened themselves up easily unless they are really in a pinch.

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd been supporting the game since 2017. I've also been running a couple erotic online roleplaying campaigns for 4 years. I have offered more than once to help write for the game. I even offered to work for free.
It's a pity. The support of community enthusiasts always helps the project develop.

I think there are only two possible explanations for the lack of response. KoD developers may simply not understand the value of working with an audience (which I personally doubt, given that they use Patreon).

Or the creators of kingdom of deception are no longer interested in developing their own game and the logical conclusion of the story. Considering this project simply as a long-term source of profit. No passion or interest in the game itself. :rolleyes:

• Thinking Face

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
It's a pity. The support of community enthusiasts always helps the project develop.

I think there are only two possible explanations for the lack of response. KoD developers may simply not understand the value of working with an audience (which I personally doubt, given that they use Patreon).

Or the creators of kingdom of deception are no longer interested in developing their own game and the logical conclusion of the story. Considering this project simply as a long-term source of profit. No passion or interest in the game itself. :rolleyes:
i agree on you on the latter part but i do think that having the community dictate the progression of the story tends to ruin it and from alot of games that allow the community to affect major plot direction of the story it tends to go either 2 ways, one it gets soo diluted to please a mass audience that it gets boring (i do think that KoD is one of the games that is heading this way) or 2 that it develops major feature creep like promising way too much and not progressing the main plot to fullfill said promises (which i think KoD also suffers from this)

JennyW

Dec 11, 2021
i agree on you on the latter part but i do think that having the community dictate the progression of the story tends to ruin it and from alot of games that allow the community to affect major plot direction of the story it tends to go either 2 ways, one it gets soo diluted to please a mass audience that it gets boring (i do think that KoD is one of the games that is heading this way) or 2 that it develops major feature creep like promising way too much and not progressing the main plot to fullfill said promises (which i think KoD also suffers from this)
I didn't say anything about how community should dictate the progression of the story. :D

The point is that it would be nice if developers paid attention to enthusiasts who want to help them make the game better. Especially when everyone sees the obvious drop in the level of the story script, the lack of new ideas and game mechanics. :cautious:

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
I didn't say anything about how community should dictate the progression of the story. :D

The point is that it would be nice if developers paid attention to enthusiasts who want to help them make the game better. Especially when everyone sees the obvious drop in the level of the story script, the lack of new ideas and game mechanics. :cautious:
people helping is still the same thing more less as its them influencing it in one way or the other though and there are better solutions to it like setting actual viable goals and fulfilling those goals in a feasible schedule thats actually why i agree with the assessment that the devs feel like they don't care anymore and that this is only a cash grab for them now

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018

No, i think you missed the most likely case: management issues.
Namely the fact that Hreinn basically has no management to speak of. I won't go into the list of reasons, but as it stands without any proper management or inner structure, adding more people to the project could make things slower.

To avoid misunderstanding: i'm sure that if Hreinn could accept community help, then the game would be overall better and maybe the updates faster, but in order to do so, first they would have to make internal improvements first and between an artist, a writer and a programmer it is absolutely possible that none of them are good at these kinds of things.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd been supporting the game since 2017.
Why?? This is honestly quite shocking to hear. I mean, props for you to support something, but this one? There are so many more deserving teams and underappreciated solo devs out there that could benefit more of your support and be thankful and appreciative of it while also posting progress reports and delivering content as quickly as they can -- unlike Hreinn Games. I gotta believe that you know that's true.

Look, I'm not trying to denigrate your choice here; I respect you as a fellow Zoner. I myself have supported them -- in the past; not now however. The way they are now -- how they conduct themselves and the "progress" they make on KoD -- simply doesn't justify them getting anyone's financial support until they shape up. I'm about given up on them, to be honest. They haven't earned the rights to anyone's hard-earned money, in my opinion. They have done a fine job of poisoning the well on the other hand, and they need to work on clearing that mess up first.

I mean, wow, you've been supporting them since 2017? Jesus Christ, I feel like I need to give you some kind of achievement, or somethin'. ^^" I don't know, I guess I'll pray to the gaming gawds to bless you for your undying support of a game that's been through development hell... Don't you ever feel like you're just being milked at times though? *Sighs* I HOPE YOU WIN THE LOTTERY AND HAVE NOTHING BUT HAPPY DAYS AHEAD OF YOU!!! ;]

*Just point of fact, I went with the assumption that you've been supporting them financially all this time. If that's not the case, then... I guess this post is kinda moot, lol. ^^'

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Why?? This is honestly quite shocking to hear. I mean, props for you to support something, but this one? There are so many more deserving teams and underappreciated solo devs out there that could benefit more of your support and be thankful and appreciative of it while also posting progress reports and delivering content as quickly as they can -- unlike Hreinn Games. I gotta believe that you know that's true.

Look, I'm not trying to denigrate your choice here; I respect you as a fellow Zoner. I myself have supported them -- in the past; not now however. The way they are now -- how they conduct themselves and the "progress" they make on KoD -- simply doesn't justify them getting anyone's financial support until they shape up. I'm about given up on them, to be honest. They haven't earned the rights to anyone's hard-earned money, in my opinion. They have done a fine job of poisoning the well on the other hand, and they need to work on clearing that mess up first.

I mean, wow, you've been supporting them since 2017? Jesus Christ, I feel like I need to give you some kind of achievement, or somethin'. ^^" I don't know, I guess I'll pray to the gaming gawds to bless you for your undying support of a game that's been through development hell... Don't you ever feel like you're just being milked at times though? *Sighs* I HOPE YOU WIN THE LOTTERY AND HAVE NOTHING BUT HAPPY DAYS AHEAD OF YOU!!! ;]

*Just point of fact, I went with the assumption that you've been supporting them financially all this time. If that's not the case, then... I guess this post is kinda moot, lol. ^^'
All valid points.
I initially started pledging because the game started out strong and I was enthusiastic after playing Noxian Nights. Over time I made some great friends in their Discord server. As things started going downhill I continued supporting them financially hoping the current writer would shape up and things would improve. But over time I eventually reduced my $15/month pledge and early this spring I finally dropped down to a dollar. At this point I just stick around to watch the dumpster fire and interact with friends in their Discord.

Reactions: Back
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes