Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
I shouldn't even bother but, is there any news on the "new update" aka second half of the top down view quest?
yes they did a release of multiple patches and updates on the first of April.

Edit: just in case somebody does not get it, it's a joke based on April fool's day

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Serena

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Would need somebody who knows how to code the game too. The game has enough unused assets to allow one coder and a writer to develop a few patches on their own. Given how much stuff the devs recycle, you could take it a step further and recycle other scenes and you could go on for a lot of time.
Yeah, I'd be happy to have a go at continuing it (and I think there are other people in the thread who would too) but it would need someone with at least a little bit of coding experience. KoD isn't a super complex game, but it's still different enough from a standard Renpy vn that it's easy to fuck something up and break it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Negativpro0

Serena

Aug 13, 2017
yes they did a release of multiple patches and updates on the first of April.

Edit: just in case somebody does not get it, it's a joke based on April fool's day
I feel like the best April fool's joke that Hreinn games can up with is this.
Guys we have completed this quest and added a few others whose art was shown in art pack 12 enjoy.

Reactions: Negativpro0

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
You need to join their patreon to get into their discord server. The invites are restricted for all except mods. Not much point going there also, they ignore any kind of constructive criticism
And of course the most important point to not go there: You have to support people who lie to you and do not work. We don't already have enough of this with the majority of the politicians?
Let them dry their bank account until they start to listen to their playerbase or closing the game, so maybe someone can take over.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
And of course the most important point to not go there: You have to support people who lie to you and do not work. We don't already have enough of this with the majority of the politicians?
Let them dry their bank account until they start to listen to their playerbase or closing the game, so maybe someone can take over.
I do wonder how much that will take. Will they abandon the project and start another one, promising ( and failing ) to bring content faster? or will they just wake up and start doing a better job?

Serena

Aug 13, 2017
Man I really hope that their art reverts to the quality they had on the older scenes. No kink shaming, but I really dislike my character having a butt cheek triple the size of her head.
I can understand, Sabia's older proportions were perfect. They were hot and looked like an actual human, now I think I saw a paper which said that if play with breasts a lot and have a diet that consists of certain fats it can make it so that you have bigger boobs and butt, the thing is that we have not seen what Sabia eats aside from orc baby batter which who knows maybe it can inflate your tits and ass we can't verify this, or maybe all that harassment did change her proportions but it happened out of the blue, like they didn't transitioned (slowly) into their current state they just transformed like a transformer turning into a car and vice versa, only difference her tits and ass can't go back to the way they were.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I can understand, Sabia's older proportions were perfect. They were hot and looked like an actual human, now I think I saw a paper which said that if play with breasts a lot and have a diet that consists of certain fats it can make it so that you have bigger boobs and butt, the thing is that we have not seen what Sabia eats aside from orc baby batter which who knows maybe it can inflate your tits and ass we can't verify this, or maybe all that harassment did change her proportions but it happened out of the blue, like they didn't transitioned (slowly) into their current state they just transformed like a transformer turning into a car and vice versa, only difference her tits and ass can't go back to the way they were.
For me, it's not the size, or rather not just it... let me explain.

I think that Sabia's best design is her standard idle pose because she is curvy, has big asssets, but she also looks fit enough to be a warrior, at least in a fantasy game. But it is also true that Nomo has always disregarded proportions when the artistic needs called for it and so, Sabia does have massive breasts and ass in several of her early scenes already. Just look at the art with Tekrok.

However that art is still one of my favorites in this game, because even tho her butt was exaggerated, i looked and "behaved" like a butt does. In the simplified style, when Sabia stands sideways towards us, her tits and ass juts out horizontally, in a 90% angle to her own body. No weight, no gravity, as if they were magically supported by something.
This was obviously done in order to make the modifications easier, since her tits are floating in the same position as if an orc was holding them there, but to me it still creates a very strong uncanny sensation when i look at it.

Same with the simplified front facing doggy style pictures. Sabia's ass is not just big, it is somehow floating upwards. Only a few kilograms of plastic could do this effect in reality. And again, it was done to make it easy to blur the image a bit and simulate the rippling without much effort, but this is the weakness of modular art.

And even all this wouldn't have to been a problem in my opinion if they just kept the simplified art as it was originally advertised: a bit of illustration to smaller, flavor scenes. But they are not inserted for a bit of sexy play between the fully drawn scenes, and they became the main focus.
After 0.11, which was released in 2020 december, there has been only 1, i repeat one full detail artwork in this game (Sabia+Ylva in the spring) and everything else has been simplified. Two and a third of a year and 3 patches with only one full blown art so far.

Nomo is extremely talented and he needs to go back to playing to his strengths, because he is working is ass of right now and only produces what is essentially just a thumb nail for a proper gallery image. This is not the best he can do, and if anyone has been telling him that it is, they don't have his best interests in mind.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
Man I really hope that their art reverts to the quality they had on the older scenes. No kink shaming, but I really dislike my character having a butt cheek triple the size of her head.
As stated before, the change in Sabia ASSets were done out of request/favour to the writer who is into bimbos and some other patreon in the server who likes bimbos too.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
As stated before, the change in Sabia ASSets were done out of request/favour to the writer who is into bimbos and some other patreon in the server who likes bimbos too.
I'd say that they should write some fan fiction if they like this fetish, but they already do. The bonus scenes are literally this: non-canon short stories where the characters can act out different fantasies. The original Sabia is as far away from being a bimbo as she is from being a nun with Neve.

I feel like i'll write a long rant about this eventually, but some kinks have to be handled properly. They can't just drop the IQ of a smart woman into the negatives and change the appearance of a warrior to a cheap plastic toy mid game without explanation or set up and expect things to go well.

If Monsinne and some of their patrons were into isekai stories, then in the next patch Sabia would wake up in her VR headset and realize that everything so far was her sister's plan to steal her lvl70 raid gear at the beginning and she would spend her day in college thinking about how to get it back because her guild will have a siege next weekend?

Any writer who is worth having in a creative team knows better than this. It's that simple.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
I'd say that they should write some fan fiction if they like this fetish, but they already do. The bonus scenes are literally this: non-canon short stories where the characters can act out different fantasies. The original Sabia is as far away from being a bimbo as she is from being a nun with Neve.

I feel like i'll write a long rant about this eventually, but some kinks have to be handled properly. They can't just drop the IQ of a smart woman into the negatives and change the appearance of a warrior to a cheap plastic toy mid game without explanation or set up and expect things to go well.

If Monsinne and some of their patrons were into isekai stories, then in the next patch Sabia would wake up in her VR headset and realize that everything so far was her sister's plan to steal her lvl70 raid gear at the beginning and she would spend her day in college thinking about how to get it back because her guild will have a siege next weekend?

Any writer who is worth having in a creative team knows better than this. It's that simple.
If enough people payed and asked for that ye.

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
tbh if you asked on their discord you would probably get banned
One way could be to join there as the biggest tier of patreon and see how it goes. Hard to talk shit to somebody who might end up giving you hundreds of dollars a year. Though that is one big ass investment over some forgotten Ren'py game

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
One way could be to join there as the biggest tier of patreon and see how it goes. Hard to talk shit to somebody who might end up giving you hundreds of dollars a year. Though that is one big ass investment over some forgotten Ren'py game
Unfortunately I beg to differ. I supported them through Patreon for four years. For roughly a year and a half of that time I was pledging $15-$25 per month. They still discouraged constructive criticism while pandering to the immature fanboys who kissed up to Nomo and Monsinne.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes