Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
In all honesty, this thread is more enjoyable to read than the game dialogues at this point.
Well, we are sitting around, discussing how Sabia should be fucked and what we'd prefer if she did.
Women are probably heavily outnumbered here.
We have have factions where our common wish for the game to succeed is expressed in slightly different ways.
And we hold common prayers every couple of months to the spirit of heroes.

Are we the orcs of the camp?

Serena

Aug 13, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It really doesn't matter in the end, the newer updates have a let's just say weak approach when it comes to dialogues, like whore, break, etc and the game just moves into the next scene automatically unlike when Sierra was around. (Can someone give a better example, and if you are a real chad translate it to Russian cuz I don't know how to speak it.)

yeahyah

Sep 3, 2021
Women are probably heavily outnumbered here.
Rule 29. On the internet men are men, women are also men, and kids are undercover FBI agents.
Rule 30. Girls do not exist on the internet.
How do you do, fellow forumers?
403.jpg

Back On topic talk. Is anyone surprised they haven't made any progress? Feels like Sierra more or less did the majority of the weight pull on the previous work in hindsight.
they ignore any kind of constructive criticism
Pride cometh before the fall.

Skarfaze

Aug 28, 2017
Two months and not one word. I remember the days they used to update the game in the same amount of time. What a fucking disgrace. Its one unique piece of art, 2 resuable art pieces and at most like a thousand words. Atleast have some respect for your patreons and say something. This is like an 8 year old who has not done his school work hoping that if he stays quiet the teacher wont notice.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Objectively, the project became vaporware the moment Sierra Lee left. Even if you're unfamiliar with the development history, you can pinpoint the exact moment when that happened by just playing the game. Lazy storytelling, recycled artwork, half-assed news updates; all that is left is the abandoned tag. If Noxian Nights was Hreinn Games' baby, Kingdom of Deception is the afterbirth. It's absolutely disgusting how they wasted the title's potential. :HideThePain:

yeahyah

Sep 3, 2021
Objectively, the project became vaporware the moment Sierra Lee left. Even if you're unfamiliar with the development history, you can pinpoint the exact moment when that happened by just playing the game. Lazy storytelling, recycled artwork, half-assed news updates; all that is left is the abandoned tag. If Noxian Nights was Hreinn Games' baby, Kingdom of Deception is the afterbirth. It's absolutely disgusting how they wasted the title's potential. :HideThePain:
Like I said above, I wouldn't be surprised if Sierra was pulling 90% of the work, look how many proper games she's put out by now compared to the rest of the Hreinn team.
I quite enjoy that the game's been so shit that the thread has devolved into shitposting, somehow more entertaining than the past couple of updates ngl.
Shitposting is a way of life, not a choice.
Now get in the forums and shitpost, forumer!

Erectosaurus

Dec 28, 2018
Like I said above, I wouldn't be surprised if Sierra was pulling 90% of the work
As much as I love shitting on this game Sierra was just the writer. She had nothing to do with the art, coding, etc. Her leaving definitely effected the development but let's be real, writing about some chick becoming an orc cumdump isn't exactly high tier literature.

The real issue is that the game has no direction. Sabia is still stuck in her shitty tent and has made zero progress towards her goal of revenge, the art is getting worse, and the dev doesn't seem to understand the concept of repeatable scenes which should be simple to implement since this game is using Ren'py.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
As much as I love shitting on this game Sierra was just the writer. She had nothing to do with the art, coding, etc. Her leaving definitely effected the development but let's be real, writing about some chick becoming an orc cumdump isn't exactly high tier literature.

The real issue is that the game has no direction. Sabia is still stuck in her shitty tent and has made zero progress towards her goal of revenge, the art is getting worse, and the dev doesn't seem to understand the concept of repeatable scenes which should be simple to implement since this game is using Ren'py.
Well, she may have been the one pushing for the others to work. So if Nomo or the coder at the time was slacking, she may have been getting on them to actually get things done.

Of sourse that's just speculation based on the way development rate slowed in general.

Reactions: oshkoshdorosh

manscout

Jun 13, 2018

Like 99% sure Sierra did the writing, coding, and game design before she left. The game design (how the quests work, how the variables are used to tell a story, etc) are night and day if you compare the content from before and after Sierra left. Coding is hard to say because this game is mostly just basic Ren'py, but I remember Nomo announcing after Sierra's departure that there would be 2 people to replace her, 1 writer and 1 coder, so not really hard to guess that she was the one doing both things before.

Nomo did art, character design, and story draft. By all means KoD is his brainchild, but the decline on being able to turn his ideas into a playable game after Sierra's departure is pretty evident.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes